PDA

View Full Version : Petition to protect hunting and fishing

Tallbear
12-04-2013, 02:49 AM
Petition Drive Launched to Protect Hunting, Fishing Rights

Dear Friends in Conservation,

Michigan United Conservation Clubs is proud to announce the launch of a petition drive to protect our outdoor heritage from out-of-state anti-hunters. MUCC is part of a coalition of conservation organizations called the Citizens for Professional Wildlife Management (http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MichiganUnitedConser/109b516218/e1e38c8eaf/19ac149831) that is working to pass a citizen-initiated law to ensure that Michigan's fish and wildlife are managed with sound science. And we need over 300,000 signatures to do it.

The initiative, called the Scientific Fish & Wildlife Conservation Act (http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MichiganUnitedConser/109b516218/e1e38c8eaf/40ff779462), protects the bipartisan Natural Resources Commission's ability to name game species and issue fisheries orders using sound science, provides free licenses for active military members, and appropriates funding for rapid response to control aquatic invasive species like Asian carp. As a citizen-initiated law, we need to collect signatures to place the law before the Legislature and convince them that the people of Michigan support it. Anti-hunters led by the Humane Society of the United States are collecting signatures to attack hunting, fishing and trapping rights; we're collecting signatures to protect them (http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MichiganUnitedConser/109b516218/e1e38c8eaf/6c3129f51e)!

We're asking you to join the fight to protect Michigan's outdoor heritage (http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MichiganUnitedConser/109b516218/e1e38c8eaf/d957f008ba) by signing a petition and collecting signatures. If every MUCC member collects just 8 signatures, we'll succeed. So visit the Citizens for Professional Wildlife Management's website and sign up to volunteer and learn more about the initiative. Together, we can protect the rights to hunt, fish and trap for generations to come. Volunteer today! (http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MichiganUnitedConser/109b516218/e1e38c8eaf/5e7d8c6eee)

Yours in Conservation,

The MUCC Policy Team

Erin McDonough, Executive Director
Drew YoungeDyke, Grassroots and Public Relations Manager
Amy Trotter, Resource Policy Manager

Magnum Man
12-04-2013, 07:31 AM
Too bad it won't apply to dove hunting in Michigan.

who dat
12-04-2013, 10:38 AM
Found the link:

To request a petition to sign or circulate, please email dyoungedyke@mucc.org.

And for those who don't know yet that the HSUS is not the Humane Society or in any way affiliated with it:

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/2012/01/9-things-you-didnt-know-about-hsus/

9 Things You Didn’t Know About HSUS

1. The Humane Society of the United States scams Americans out of millions of dollars through manipulative and deceptive advertising. An analysis of HSUS’s TV fundraising appeals that ran between January 2009 and September 2011 determined that more than 85 percent of the animals shown were cats and dogs. However, HSUS doesn’t run a single pet shelter and only gives 1 percent of the money it raises to pet shelters, and it has spent millions on anti-farming and anti-hunting political campaigns.

2. HSUS receives poor charity-evaluation marks. CharityWatch (formerly the American Institute of Philanthropy) reissued HSUS’s “D” rating in December 2011, finding that HSUS spends as little as 49 percent of its budget on its programs. Additionally, the 2011 Animal People News Watchdog Report discovered that HSUS spends about 43 percent of its budget on overhead costs.

3. Six Members of Congress have called for a federal investigation of HSUS. In April 2011, six Congressmen wrote the IRS Inspector General showing concerns over HSUS’s attempts to influence public policy, which they believe has “brought into question [HSUS’s] tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status.”

4. HSUS regularly contributes more to its own pension plan than it does to pet shelters. An analysis of HSUS’s tax returns determined that HSUS funneled $16.3 million to its executive pension plan between 1998 and 2009—over $1 million more than HSUS gave to pet shelters during that period.

5. The pet sheltering community believes HSUS misleads Americans. According to a nationally representative poll of 400 animal shelters, rescues, and animal control agencies, 71 percent agree that “HSUS misleads people into thinking it is associated with local animal shelters.” Additionally, 79 percent agree that HSUS is “a good source of confusion for a lot of our donors.”

6. While it raises money with pictures of cats and dogs, HSUS has an anti-meat vegan agenda. Speaking to an animal rights conference in 2006, HSUS’s then vice president for farm animal issues stated that HSUS’s goal is to “get rid of the entire [animal agriculture] industry” and that “we don’t want any of these animals to be raised and killed.”

7. Given the massive size of its budget, HSUS does relatively little hands-on care for animals. While HSUS claims it provides direct care to more animals than any other animal protection group in the US, most of the “care” HSUS provides is in the form of spay-neuter assistance. In fact, local groups that operate on considerably slimmer budgets, such as the Houston SPCA, provide direct care to just as many or more animals than HSUS does.

8. HSUS’s CEO has said that convicted dogfighting kingpin Michael Vick “would do a good job as a pet owner.” Following Vick’s release from prison, HSUS has helped “rehabilitate” Michael Vick’s public image. Of course, a $50,000 “grant” from the Philadelphia Eagles didn’t hurt.

9. HSUS’s senior management includes a former spokesman for the Animal Liberation Front (ALF), a criminal group designated as “terrorists” by the FBI. HSUS president Wayne Pacelle hired John “J.P.” Goodwin in 1997, the same year Goodwin described himself as “spokesperson for the ALF” while he fielded media calls in the wake of an ALF arson attack at a California meat processing plant. In 1997, when asked by reporters for a reaction to an ALF arson fire at a farmer’s feed co-op in Utah (which nearly killed a family sleeping on the premises), Goodwin replied, “We’re ecstatic.”

Magnum Man
12-04-2013, 11:22 AM
I question MUCC's motives and integrity after they lied and said that MGO was in favor of the hunting license restructuring bill.

Walther
12-06-2013, 03:46 PM
I question MUCC's motives and integrity after they lied and said that MGO was in favor of the hunting license restructuring bill.

Boy, aren't we the Negative Nate? (name calling courtesy of Frank Burns).

I don't agree with everything they do, but this petition is critical to get the HSUS the heck out of our faces.

Magnum Man
12-06-2013, 06:44 PM
Is MGO officially endorsing this?

Tallbear
12-07-2013, 06:56 PM
Launch Events Begin Next Week for Citizen Initiative to Protect Hunting Rights

Dear Friends in Conservation,

The coalition supporting the Scientific Fish & Wildlife Conservation Act (http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MichiganUnitedConser/c239e333aa/a1ff9884d1/1e51d0003a) will be holding launch events over the next few weeks. In addition to events in the Upper Peninsula and Oakland, Macomb and Washtenaw Counties, additional launch events will be added across the state where people can learn about the citizen initiative and take home petitions to circulate. MUCC is part of the coalition, called Citizens for Professional Wildlife Management (http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MichiganUnitedConser/c239e333aa/a1ff9884d1/f37fb61f8b), that is supporting the Scientific Fish & Wildlife Conservation Act.

Next week's list of events (http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MichiganUnitedConser/c239e333aa/a1ff9884d1/52220e6947) includes:

Chelsea Rod & Gun Club: Mon, Dec. 9, 2013
North Macomb Sportsmen's Club: Wed, Dec. 11, 2013
Oakland County Sportsmen's Club: Thur, Dec. 12, 2013
Sagola Township Sportsmen's Club: Sat, Dec. 14, 2013
Escanaba County Fairgrounds: Sat, Dec. 14, 2013

The citizen initiative, called the Scientific Fish & Wildlife Conservation Act (http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MichiganUnitedConser/c239e333aa/a1ff9884d1/9bcf758985), protects the bipartisan Natural Resources Commission's ability to name game species and issue fisheries orders using sound science, provides free licenses for active military members, and appropriates funding for rapid response to control aquatic invasive species like Asian carp. As a citizen-initiated law, we need to collect signatures to place the law before the Legislature and convince them that the people of Michigan support it. Anti-hunters led by the Humane Society of the United States are collecting signatures to attack hunting, fishing and trapping rights; we're collecting signatures to protect them (http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MichiganUnitedConser/c239e333aa/a1ff9884d1/8e93f1392e)!

Yours in Conservation,

The MUCC Policy Team

Tallbear
12-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Is MGO officially endorsing this?

This is being posted for "informational" purposes.

Your question should probably be asked in the "ask the BoD" area.

Magnum Man
12-07-2013, 07:36 PM
This is being posted for "informational" purposes.

Your question should probably be asked in the "ask the BoD" area.
Thank You!

luckless
12-12-2013, 08:01 AM
Nope, not interested in any MUCC project. I don't trust them. I don't see how this rolls back any of the crap that has gone on with wildlife management in the last 15 years.

Walther
12-15-2013, 12:42 PM
Here's a nice write up about the petition drive in Outdoor Life

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/open-country/2013/12/michigan-hunters-ready-defeat-hsus-wolf-battle

You naysayers, let's not cut off our nose to spite our face. I don't like eveything MUCC or the DNR does either, but this goes well beyond that. It's about keeping special interest groups like the HSUS and PETA the hell out of our hunting issues. Please read the OL article in link.

langenc
12-15-2013, 01:06 PM
Everones goal should be two sheets (20) valid signatures for this campaign.

Need some forms-pm me.

who dat
12-15-2013, 01:29 PM

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/open-country/2013/12/michigan-hunters-ready-defeat-hsus-wolf-battle

You naysayers, let's not cut off our nose to spite our face. I don't like eveything MUCC or the DNR does either, but this goes well beyond that. It's about keeping special interest groups like the HSUS and PETA the hell out of our hunting issues. Please read the OL article in link.Well said.

luckless
12-15-2013, 01:57 PM

You naysayers, let's not cut off our nose to spite our face. I don't like eveything MUCC or the DNR does either, but this goes well beyond that. It's about keeping special interest groups like the HSUS and PETA the hell out of our hunting issues. Please read the OL article in link.
I read it. I still don't trust the MUCC. Too much gobbledygook in an initiative that is supposed to protect hunting and fishing rights. I can't figure out what rights I am going to get when it comes to hunting and fishing if this thing passes. Why not a petition to insure that all Michiganders have an equal right to hunt, fish and trap? It would be simple, to the point and I could support it even if MUCC was involved.

Magnum Man
12-15-2013, 08:09 PM
I read it. I still don't trust the MUCC. Too much gobbledygook in an initiative that is supposed to protect hunting and fishing rights. I can't figure out what rights I am going to get when it comes to hunting and fishing if this thing passes. Why not a petition to insure that all Michiganders have an equal right to hunt, fish and trap? It would be simple, to the point and I could support it even if MUCC was involved.
I agree. How can one trust the motives of an organization that would lie and go on public record to advance their agenda?

yukonjack2
12-15-2013, 09:34 PM
This is way beyond MUCC - WE fought long and hard to get the Dnr the ability to use sound scientific practices to manage our hunting and fishing resources.
They may not keep everyone happy, but overall they do a pretty good job at listening to the sportsmen and taking their views into consideration for policy -
take Catch and release fishing seasons, elk seasons, wolf seasons, youth and veterans hunts, late season doe hunts,….etc.
MUCC aside - this is an outside michigan organization that is clearly anti hunting and fishing - trying to undo the vote of the people with a petition of their own. this petition we are discussing is a way of nullifying their petition and locking down the scientific management control within the DNR for good - i.e. cannot be changed by ballot propositions again.
Take a look at it closely, as it is vitally important to our future control of our resources. This is not about trusting MUCC in any way. We should all be on the same side on this issue.

Jack

Tallbear
12-15-2013, 10:05 PM
I agree. How can one trust the motives of an organization that would lie and go on public record to advance their agenda?

MUCC is part of a coalition of conservation organizations called the Citizens for Professional Wildlife Management that is working to pass a citizen-initiated law to ensure that Michigan's fish and wildlife are managed with sound science.

You're either for scientific management of Michigan wildlife or you're for the HSUS and PETA managing what game you "WON"T" be hunting in the future. It's just that simple.

luckless
12-16-2013, 06:54 AM
MUCC is part of a coalition of conservation organizations called the Citizens for Professional Wildlife Management that is working to pass a citizen-initiated law to ensure that Michigan's fish and wildlife are managed with sound science.

You're either for scientific management of Michigan wildlife or you're for the HSUS and PETA managing what game you "WON"T" be hunting in the future. It's just that simple.
So NOW MUCC is in favor of scientific management? When was the big change? Why all the junk about free licenses and invasive species? Do we really need a "right" to free licenses and to fight invasive species? Is it worth enshrining all of this in our state constitution? What happens in the future when an animal rights wacko is placed in charge of the NRC and they decide that hunting isn't a scientifically sound way to manage the wolf population? This will tie our hands as much as their's.

Walther
12-16-2013, 01:54 PM
I have petitions on the way.

I've posted this in another forum and am meeting with the same types of resistance there. Some folks just won't sign it because they don't (trust, like, believe) MUCC or the DNR. Fair enough, we all get our say.

I'd still rather get this passed and signed into law, then deal with the individual issues afterwards.

Magnum Man
12-16-2013, 09:43 PM
I think peoples time and effort would be better spent mounting a petition drive to eliminate PFZ's (CEZ'z) in this state. With 400,000 CPL holders it should not be too hard to get 300,000+ signatures.

gjgalligan
12-17-2013, 08:46 AM

Tallbear, with all due respect, that is the worse statement I have ever seen from you.
It is not just black & white. There are shades of gray that blur the whole subject.

I'll agree that I don't like HSUS & Peta at all but the DNR & MUCC aren't much better. They have proved they will lie just to pass what they want.

Magnum Man
12-17-2013, 09:36 AM
This is way beyond MUCC - WE fought long and hard to get the Dnr the ability to use sound scientific practices to manage our hunting and fishing resources.
They may not keep everyone happy, but overall they do a pretty good job at listening to the sportsmen and taking their views into consideration for policy -
take Catch and release fishing seasons, elk seasons, wolf seasons, youth and veterans hunts, late season doe hunts,….etc.
MUCC aside - this is an outside michigan organization that is clearly anti hunting and fishing - trying to undo the vote of the people with a petition of their own. this petition we are discussing is a way of nullifying their petition and locking down the scientific management control within the DNR for good - i.e. cannot be changed by ballot propositions again.
Take a look at it closely, as it is vitally important to our future control of our resources. This is not about trusting MUCC in any way. We should all be on the same side on this issue.

Jack
That is what worries me. It gives the DNR more power to do whatever they want under the guise of "scientific management". APR's will probably be introduced statewide. It leaves the citizens no recourse if they are unhappy with a decision. Where is the proof of petition drives by HSUS and PETA?

Tallbear
12-17-2013, 01:19 PM
Tallbear, with all due respect, that is the worse statement I have ever seen from you.
It is not just black & white. There are shades of gray that blur the whole subject.

I'll agree that I don't like HSUS & Peta at all but the DNR & MUCC aren't much better. They have proved they will lie just to pass what they want.
The "blurring" is accepting as fact this is a MUCC issue.

MUCC is but a part of the Citizens for Professional Wildlife Management (http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MichiganUnitedConser/109b516218/e1e38c8eaf/19ac149831) that is made up of state level organizations that is backing the petition drive.

And I'll stand by my statement. Either we back the fight against what HSUS and PETA want or we stand with them. There is no middle ground.

cmr19xx
12-17-2013, 01:26 PM
The "blurring" is accepting as fact this is a MUCC issue.

MUCC is but a part of the Citizens for Professional Wildlife Management (http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MichiganUnitedConser/109b516218/e1e38c8eaf/19ac149831) that is made up of state level organizations that is backing the petition drive.

And I'll stand by my statement. Either we back the fight against what HSUS and PETA want or we stand with them. There is no middle ground.
:yeahthat:

langenc
12-20-2013, 04:23 PM
I think peoples time and effort would be better spent mounting a petition drive to eliminate PFZ's (CEZ'z) in this state. With 400,000 CPL holders it should not be too hard to get 300,000+ signatures.

Or eliminate gun registration.

Gunners are our own worst enemies and wont work for much of anything.

Hitler loved gun registration.

How long will it be for someone posts thet we dont have registration.. It has happened to be before.

Walther
12-21-2013, 10:03 AM

That's a gun issue. This is a hunting issue.

As someone who owned guns to hunt before I owned guns just for shooting, and well before I owned guns for personal protection, I tend to forget sometimes that not all hunters own guns, and not all gun owners hunt.

So, asking straight up, do you hunt? If not, I can understand your preference.

I suggest you get a grass roots thing going and start signing petitions. I'm sure there is more than one state level politican who would sponsor it. But, better hurry! They're already introducing a bill to make school and other PFZ's stand for everyone, not just OC'ers.

Magnum Man
12-21-2013, 01:11 PM
[QUOTE=Walther]That's a gun issue. This is a hunting issue.

As someone who owned guns to hunt before I owned guns just for shooting, and well before I owned guns for personal protection, I tend to forget sometimes that not all hunters own guns, and not all gun owners hunt.

So, asking straight up, do you hunt? If not, I can understand your preference.

I suggest you get a grass roots thing going and start signing petitions. I'm sure there is more than one state level politican who would sponsor it. But, better hurry! They're already introducing a bill to make school and other PFZ's stand for everyone, not just OC'ers.[/QU

I will respond to your question but first can you clarify your statement. I do not understand what you are saying about this bill being introduced. OC'ers who posess a CPL are exempt from PFZ's.

Walther
12-22-2013, 03:45 PM
OC'ers who posess a CPL are exempt from PFZ's.

They're trying to introduce a bill to turn that around so PFZ's stand for everyone, CPL or not. In other words, You wouldn't be able to carry at a school regardless of your CPL status.

Tallbear
01-07-2014, 02:44 PM
Volunteers Needed to Protect Hunting and Fishing Rights

Animal rights extremists are trying to take away hunting rights in Michigan, and this initiative will stop them! But to do this, we need to collect 300,000 signatures by May and we need your help to do it!

We need volunteers to man tables at hunting, fishing, outdoor and gun shows across the state. Please let us know if you can spare some time to staff any of the following shows:
Gun Show Monroe Jan 11-12 Huntin' Time Expo East Birch Run Birch Run Expo Center Jan 17-19 Gun Show Houghton Lake Jan 18-19 RV Show Grand Rapids DeVos Center Jan 23-26 Huntin' Time Expo West Grand Rapids Grand Rapids Delta Plex Jan 24-26 Gun Show Grand Rapids Jan 25-26 Jay's Sporting Goods Gaylord Jan 26 Gun Show Manistee Feb 1-2 Detroit Camper & RV Show Novi Feb 5-9 Gun Show Lansing/Mason Feb 7-9 Gun Show Monroe Feb 15-16 Gun Show Novi Feb 22-23 Outdoorama Novi Suburban Collection Feb 27-Mar 2 Battle Creek Camper & RV Show Battle Creek Feb 27-Mar 2 Gun Show Flint Mar 1-2 Michigan Deer & Turkey Expo Dimondale Mar 7-9 Gun Show Grand Rapids Mar 8-9 Flint Camper & RV Show Flint Mar 13-16 Ultimate Sport Show Grand Rapids DeVos Center Mar 20-23 NW Michigan Camper & RV Show Traverse City Mar 21-23 J & J Sport Shows Kalkaska The Kaliseum Mar 29-30
Thank you for defending the rights to hunt, fish and trap! For more information about the initiative, visit www.citizenswildlife.org (http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MichiganUnitedConser/cc326b5c93/e1e38c8eaf/6901ef3f7b).

Magnum Man
01-07-2014, 03:20 PM
Volunteers Needed to Protect Hunting and Fishing Rights

Animal rights extremists are trying to take away hunting rights in Michigan, and this initiative will stop them! But to do this, we need to collect 300,000 signatures by May and we need your help to do it!

We need volunteers to man tables at hunting, fishing, outdoor and gun shows across the state. Please let us know if you can spare some time to staff any of the following shows:
Gun Show Monroe Jan 11-12 Huntin' Time Expo East Birch Run Birch Run Expo Center Jan 17-19 Gun Show Houghton Lake Jan 18-19 RV Show Grand Rapids DeVos Center Jan 23-26 Huntin' Time Expo West Grand Rapids Grand Rapids Delta Plex Jan 24-26 Gun Show Grand Rapids Jan 25-26 Jay's Sporting Goods Gaylord Jan 26 Gun Show Manistee Feb 1-2 Detroit Camper & RV Show Novi Feb 5-9 Gun Show Lansing/Mason Feb 7-9 Gun Show Monroe Feb 15-16 Gun Show Novi Feb 22-23 Outdoorama Novi Suburban Collection Feb 27-Mar 2 Battle Creek Camper & RV Show Battle Creek Feb 27-Mar 2 Gun Show Flint Mar 1-2 Michigan Deer & Turkey Expo Dimondale Mar 7-9 Gun Show Grand Rapids Mar 8-9 Flint Camper & RV Show Flint Mar 13-16 Ultimate Sport Show Grand Rapids DeVos Center Mar 20-23 NW Michigan Camper & RV Show Traverse City Mar 21-23 J & J Sport Shows Kalkaska The Kaliseum Mar 29-30
Thank you for defending the rights to hunt, fish and trap! For more information about the initiative, visit www.citizenswildlife.org (http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MichiganUnitedConser/cc326b5c93/e1e38c8eaf/6901ef3f7b).
In regards to Outdoorama, are the petitions being signed at the MGO booth or their own, seperate location?

langenc
01-12-2014, 08:37 PM
Nope, not interested in any MUCC project. I don't trust them. I don't see how this rolls back any of the crap that has gone on with wildlife management in the last 15 years.

What does your legislator say about the 'rollbacks'? They can do some of it. Yes, the DNR is 'freestanding' in some respects buy the legislature still has some 'control'. The legislature still decides what a 'game species is' and will continue to do so after this apsses. The NRC will be able to remove but to add will be the legislatures balliwick, as I understand. How about you?

langenc
01-12-2014, 08:42 PM
I have petitions on the way.

I've posted this in another forum and am meeting with the same types of resistance there. Some folks just won't sign it because they don't (trust, like, believe) MUCC or the DNR. Fair enough, we all get our say.

I'd still rather get this passed and signed into law, then deal with the individual issues afterwards.

If the req number of VALID sigs are obtained AND the legislature passes (40 days to do it) there is no signing-it is law. If they dont act then someone gets to spend 3-5 MILLION to fight the BS that the antis (very well funded) will saturate the air waves with--truth or not-and mostly NOT.

The UP wolf hunts will be history along w/ UP deer herd in 5 or so yrs.

luckless
01-13-2014, 05:58 AM
What does your legislator say about the 'rollbacks'? They can do some of it. Yes, the DNR is 'freestanding' in some respects buy the legislature still has some 'control'. The legislature still decides what a 'game species is' and will continue to do so after this apsses. The NRC will be able to remove but to add will be the legislatures balliwick, as I understand. How about you?
They say, "We are working really hard on the budget, right now.". My senator is a lame duck and couldn't give two poops about what his constituents want. My representative is busy doing his level best to gain the favor of the republican leadership in hopes of building a career. They both parroted the MUCC that nine out of ten sportsmen wanted their license fees/taxes jacked up. I am out in the cold until after the election. This law will not help the deer herd in the UP. The indians will continue to hunt them out with their friend, the wolf.

Also, if this is such good law, why add the crap about Asian Carp and free licenses for military personnel? The first half of the petition is all about how our scientists should control the decisions and then the second half turns around and demands action on carp and free licenses from a purely populist stance.

luckless
01-13-2014, 06:27 AM
langenc, check out their website. Click on "The Initiative" and all you get is the MUCC summary of what you need to know. I think the actual wording should be prominently displayed on the front page. I can read for myself and it sends up a red flag that some MUCC mouthpiece thinks his interpretation is more important to me than the actual initiative. The whole thing leaves a chill in my spine, an uneasiness that I can't precisely explain. Sort of like the way I felt when I voted for Snyder despite that chilly uneasiness.

pkuptruck
01-13-2014, 07:30 AM

but its ok for special interest groups like QDMA types to do so??? and no one raises an eyebrow?

Magnum Man
01-13-2014, 04:46 PM
but its ok for special interest groups like QDMA types to do so??? and no one raises an eyebrow?
I believe if this passes we will see statewide APR's among other things.

Magnum Man
01-13-2014, 04:56 PM
They say, "We are working really hard on the budget, right now.". My senator is a lame duck and couldn't give two poops about what his constituents want. My representative is busy doing his level best to gain the favor of the republican leadership in hopes of building a career. They both parroted the MUCC that nine out of ten sportsmen wanted their license fees/taxes jacked up. I am out in the cold until after the election. This law will not help the deer herd in the UP. The indians will continue to hunt them out with their friend, the wolf.

Also, if this is such good law, why add the crap about Asian Carp and free licenses for military personnel? The first half of the petition is all about how our scientists should control the decisions and then the second half turns around and demands action on carp and free licenses from a purely populist stance.
I guess this petition will be a good barometer for MUCC to judge how many Michigan sportsmen they have alienated with their questionable tactics used in supporting the license restructuring.