PDA

View Full Version : HI... new to forum

ColonelKurtz
07-30-2008, 05:51 PM
I got the impression from a couple of other peoples' posts that it's good etiquette that new members tell a little bit about themsleves, so here goes:

Moved here from Virginia several years ago; when I bought most of my guns and was heavy into the shooting sports, forums like this were not around, E-Bay still sold guns, and factory hi-cap magazines were going for about $150 a pop. Was out of the hobby for a long time (work and family obligations, no free range open 24/7 just 5 minutes from home like in Virginia), now ammo is 3X as expensive, hi-cap mags are everywhere, and S&W has come out with a .50 caliber revolver (what's with this internal lock I keep hearing about?). Besides being shocked at ammo prices I'm worried about the future of our sport (politics, the way this country is headed in general) and want to get involved with the shooting community again. As far as firearms I collect both safe-queens and my well-used target pistols... I do like to spend time punching holes in paper but I'm not a hunter... not that I'm against it by any means I just don't have the patience :hot: .

Anyway I was reading posts on something called "The High Road" when I learned about this forum; I joined this forum b/c it's specific to Michigan; posters seem well informed and eager to communicate. I look forward to communicating with other Michigan shooters, finding where the best gun stores and ranges are, sharing advice and points of view, and staying on top of (and defeating) "laws" that adversly affect our sport.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention Michigan gun laws are a lot more confusing and a little more restrictive than I've encountered before, so I want to learn more so I don't become an accidental "criminal".

mkls0
07-30-2008, 05:58 PM
Welcome to MGO

Made_in_Michigan
07-30-2008, 06:01 PM
Welcome!

It is very nice of you to take the time & give a brief history. You sound like you will fit right in :)

This indeed is the best on-topic forum I've found on the net. A great source of info, deals, and fellow activists:cannon:

Imshootin
07-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Greetings. Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find this a fine place to spend a little time. Lots of good people here and as you said, it's Michigan specific.

The Tackman
07-31-2008, 11:47 AM
Welcome from Georgia:p

ChuckB
08-01-2008, 02:40 AM
Welcome colonel,

I haven't been around here too long myself, but you will find a lot of good info and knowledgeable people here.

raider187
08-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Welcome :cheers:

RevDerb
08-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Good to meet you, Colonel K! Welcome to Michigan and MGO. Where abouts in Michigan are you? Good shooting and good posting.

ColonelKurtz
08-02-2008, 09:46 PM
[QUOTE=RevDerb] Where abouts in Michigan are you? QUOTE]

Southeast MI. Detroit suburbs. Before I moved here I saw pictures of "Michigan" and I saw lakes and mountains and rolling hills. I thought, cool, just like Virginia. Needless to say I was HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED and soon realized I saw pictures of the U.P. Oh well.