PDA

View Full Version : One Day Appleseed- Lapeer Feb 1

Garymac
01-18-2014, 10:23 AM
If you have wondered about Appleseed but haven't been able to take a weekend off to do it, consider our unique one day seed on Feb 1. Two days worth of stuff in to one day and there will be plenty of opportunity to earn your coveted Rifleman patch at this event. Kind of an accelerated instruction/course of fire.

This is a .22 lr only event and ammo will be available at cost to use at the event.

More info is here...

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=62&id_event=2486

MCMD357
01-23-2014, 06:42 PM
I will be there.

Garymac
01-26-2014, 08:38 PM
Great!

Who else is in for a great marksmanship program?

Dziadek
01-26-2014, 09:01 PM
I have been wanting to do this for a long time, but I am afeared of anything "accelerated" because I am a two left feet, all thumbs kind of a guy. I learn good in my melon, but my body learns sloooowly and with repeated applications.

I will wait for a 2 day.

Garymac
01-27-2014, 11:01 PM
I have been wanting to do this for a long time, but I am afeared of anything "accelerated" because I am a two left feet, all thumbs kind of a guy. I learn good in my melon, but my body learns sloooowly and with repeated applications.

I will wait for a 2 day.

I hear ya. ;)

The next 2 day event is at Lapeer on Feb 22/23.

Roundballer
01-27-2014, 11:37 PM
I don't think I will be able to do the first one in February either. I have already been in contact with the shoot boss on that.

I am making plans for the February 22/23 event. But I will probably only be there on Sunday.

Roundballer
02-01-2014, 11:01 PM
Okay...

Having not ventured off my own street today, and considering that we got about 4~5" of fresh snow, did this come off?

I find no AAR or even a place holder for one over on the Appleseed forum. I think that the shoot boss may be slipping. I know he is new to the position at the club.

Come on guys, I sometimes have to live vicariously through the reports. Especially if I wasn't there to see at least part of it.

Any new riflemen?

MCMD357
02-02-2014, 01:49 PM
I had a BLAST. Pics to follow, but I have to say that anyone that enjoys the shooting sports or a little American History is doing themselves a real disservice by not attending one of these events.

Caliper
02-02-2014, 07:12 PM
Ah, so this is why my ears stayed so warm last night clearing the driveway! :) We got a bit more snow than that over here so I got stuck halfway up my driveway...

There is now an AAR up. (but MGO still restricts me from posting URL's :fur3: so you'll have to fix the line below...)

appleseedinfo (dot) org/smf/index.php?topic=39409.0

MCMD357 (and everyone else!), feel free to pick a cool forum name and post up! I've got some pics to add, but grocery shopping beckons first...

Roundballer
02-02-2014, 07:49 PM
Ah, so this is why my ears stayed so warm last night clearing the driveway! :) We got a bit more snow than that over here so I got stuck halfway up my driveway...
We do what we can to help!

There is now an AAR up. (but MGO still restricts me from posting URL's :fur3: so you'll have to fix the line below...)

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=39409.0
That is the easy part.

MCMD357 (and everyone else!), feel free to pick a cool forum name and post up! I've got some pics to add, but grocery shopping beckons first...
I already have a cool name, and an account. But I wasn't there. We need to hear from those that were!

Caliper
02-03-2014, 11:41 AM
Well, I had to work yesterday, so getting the car unstuck was important as well as unloading it to avoid my employers anti-2A policies...

Caliper
02-03-2014, 11:41 AM
Just a few more posts now and I'll be able to post links!

Caliper
02-03-2014, 11:42 AM
Yay! I made it!

appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=39409.0

Roundballer
02-03-2014, 12:02 PM
Yay! I made it!

appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=39409.0
Now you just have to learn the vB code syntax to create the hot link.

MCMD357
02-03-2014, 11:05 PM
I'm excited to see the photos Caliper posts. My phone battery died early in the day and I was unable to take pics except of my targets at the end of the night when I got back home. Can't say enough of how much fun I had though and that I will definitely be doing another the next time I have a weekend I don't have to work. Next time though, a two day will DEFINITELY be the course of action!

Roundballer
02-03-2014, 11:50 PM
I'm cutting him a little slack right now. But they have this smiley over there:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/Smileys/newsmileys/ttiwwp.gif

And I will go post it just to :stirpot:

I'm excited to see the photos Caliper posts. My phone battery died early in the day and I was unable to take pics except of my targets at the end of the night when I got back home. Can't say enough of how much fun I had though and that I will definitely be doing another the next time I have a weekend I don't have to work. Next time though, a two day will DEFINITELY be the course of action!

You could go over there and post your thoughts and experiences. The Instructor Cadre' can use either the encouragement or the critique'. It is supposed to be After Action Reports.