PDA

View Full Version : Field portion of hunter safety class

snakebyte
01-23-2014, 11:12 PM
I've got a question for the hunter safety instructors out there, I took the online portion of the class, and now I need to do the field portion.
What I was wondering was if the field portion had to be an already scheduled class, or is it possible to get with an instructor to do it outside of a class listed on the DNR site?
I'm not new to firearms by any means (I'm an NRA instructor), and I am planning a trip with a regular hunter, just figured I would see if there was a way to get this part done without waiting a couple months for a class to be scheduled...
I appreciate the help!

Roundballer
01-24-2014, 12:21 AM
How far are you willing to travel, and what days/nights would you be available.

There are many clubs that sponsor HE classes year round.

snakebyte
01-24-2014, 11:07 AM
I'd like to keep it within an hour or two for travel. I'm available most nights, and weekends. How long is the field portion?

BravoKilo
01-27-2014, 11:13 PM
Subscribing to this thread.

snakebyte, let me know if you find anything locally. Had my fiancee complete the online course this past fall but never got around to taking the field portion so it has been on the To-Do list for quite some time now.

snakebyte
01-28-2014, 10:02 AM
I'm honestly not even sure what it entails, m a reserve PO, and an NRA instructor, so i know my way around a gun, and am a major stickler for safety. Lol, so I hope its not a 6 hour gun safety class...but I won't complain either. My fiance and her daughter are doing the online portion as well, and I have spent a lot of time teaching them safety and use as well.
Like I said, I'll travel if needed and will willingly pay/donate. Just hoping not to wait 3 months..lol

Roundballer
01-28-2014, 11:05 AM
If you are willing to come up to Lapeer Co., contact tenthumbs here in the forum.

They used to hold the HE classes every month, but because of a lack of students at times, they have cut back. The next Series of classes is in March.

Shoot tenthumbs (http://www.migunowners.org/forum/member.php?u=5038) a PM and see if you can make arrangements.

snakebyte
01-28-2014, 12:51 PM
Thank you, I will contact him.

Billetproof
01-29-2014, 02:47 AM
It's a ways off but Carleton Sportsmens Club has a Hunters Ed Class scheduled for April 9-10-11th

sse
07-18-2014, 11:45 AM
Did you ever get this done? There is quite a bunch of field day programs right around the corner.