PDA

View Full Version : AR15 Trigger

MAGSHOOTER
08-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Hello all,:help:

I have recently gotten into the "black gun" I have a used carbon 15 pistol with an aftermarket trigger (dont know what kind, but its a two stage). I also have a brand new bushmaster orc but I dont like the trigger compaired to the carbons aftermarket. I would like to use the AR for target shooting, any advice on which trigger I should consider would be helpful.

Thanks,
Mike Z
American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance
here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an
American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have
room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we
have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American
people.'
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

RSF
08-05-2008, 03:14 PM
for bench shooting they are ok we see more two stage aftermarkets let go very often there screws come out of wack etc... gessile is great one i run one of them and have great luck through super high round counts the upgraded rock river 2 stage is nice as well.

ltdave
08-06-2008, 07:04 AM
for the money a stock Rock River Arms NM trigger cant be beat. you can get them from around $80...

send it off to John Holliger and for $30 he will work some majic to it that will make you forget about the trigger in that carbon thing...

or you can get one right from John directly...

http://www.whiteoakarmament.com/

the RRA trigger, part number 3rrt is $120.00

Batman
08-07-2008, 07:27 AM
Just this past week I was at Camp Perry and I bought a Geissele trigger. I was shooting with Holliger tuned Rock River triggers in both my NM ARs but I'll never go back. Yes they are over two and a half times the cost, at least, but I picked up 5 points over my best ever off-hand with it. If you don't have the $ for the Geissele trigger the Rock is a very nice trigger over other cheaper ones, but it's no Geissele. I saved quite some time for one and I'm glad I did.

esq_stu
08-07-2008, 08:00 AM
I recently put an Armalite trigger in my Frankengun. I paid somewhere around $100 and installed it myself. Feels much better - crisper, lighter, and less creepy. I have no basis to compare to other triggers except to the stock mill-spec trigger. Groups improved noticeably (much more in the black and less in the white) but I did not measure them and I did other things to the gun at the same time, so I don't know how much the improvement was due to the trigger. Frankly, I was just thankful that I no longer found the creep annoying.

MAGSHOOTER
08-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Thanks RSF, Itdave, Batman and esq stu. I looked at the RRA 3rrt and the Geissele. Both sound like they will help. I'm ordering the RRA(less $$$) The wifes starting to squeal about the $'s going into the AR. I'll put some bucks away and pick up the Geissele in the future, give them both a shot and keep one in the gun box. Thanks again for the imput.