PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ann Arbor

Dan the man
08-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Hi everyone I joined the forum a while back and just getting around to introducing myself. So far my only other post was to express interest in a pistol Sigman was selling. (I love the P45 Sigman, Thanks again!)

Lifetime Michigander, originally from West of Saginaw (Cornfield County:lol: )
Been working in and around SE MI for about 18 years. Living in AA for 13. Someday I'll settle back Up North where I really belong. I truely am a country boy at heart. Been around guns all my life. Just getting into regular shooting/practice the last few years.

I either found this sight through google or was provided a link through another gun forum. Possibly Sigman told me about it. I really can't remember, I've had it bookmarked for a while. I am a Sig addict primarily. Although, I don't discriminate! I've mostly camped out at the Sigforum. Same username. I already recognize quite a few others here.

Looks like a great community here. Thanks to the owners/admins for maintaining this site and letting me become a member.

Made_in_Michigan
08-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Very nice to see you, Welcome :)

Tallbear
08-09-2008, 07:51 PM
Thanks to the owners/admins for maintaining this site and letting me become a member.

The "owner" is Michigan Gun Owners.... A statewide not-for-profit all volunteer organization that is the fastest growing gun rights org. in the state.

Our goal is to educate the public and promote activism in gun owners here in Michigan on the national, state and local level.

You can go here to find out more about us......

http://www.migunowners.org/index.php?page=about

And I encourage you to become a contributing member......

http://www.migunowners.org/index.php?page=join

CJFirefly
08-27-2008, 10:32 PM
Hi Dan. I work down in A2. I didn't think there were too many gun owners down there dispersed amongst all the liberals. At least there are a lot of hot chicks down there.

skoltuniak
08-27-2008, 10:50 PM
Hi Dan. I work down in A2. I didn't think there were too many gun owners down there dispersed amongst all the liberals. At least there are a lot of hot chicks down there.
There are also a lot of Birkenstock wearing, hairy armpit having, Patchouli smelling hippies!

At least, that's what I noticed (in the hacky-sack circle on the Diag) ;-)

sixhundredrr
08-27-2008, 11:04 PM
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w45/200preludegt/Hippies.jpg

TFin04
08-27-2008, 11:56 PM
Welcome to MGO.

I, too, am trapped in the liberal ******** of Ann Arbor to earn a paycheck.

It is fun to get yelled at every morning for the various bumper stickers I have. Today it was "You're in the wrong city, dumbass!"

I have never agreed more with one of them smelly hairy people. :clap:

CJFirefly
08-28-2008, 12:09 AM
It is fun to get yelled at every morning for the various bumper stickers I have. Today it was "You're in the wrong city, dumbass!"

That is awesome. What was the offending bumper sticker?

ColonelKurtz
08-28-2008, 12:47 AM
I'm in Ann Arbor, too. You mean there's two of us that live on Ann Arbor AND own guns? I thought I was the only one. You say you belong up north; I like up north (in the summer) but I belong down south or out west. I moved hear after attending a conservative southern university and thought, eh, one college town is like any other... boy was I WRONG!

TFin04, please share some of your bumper stickers!

who dat
08-28-2008, 08:55 AM
:yeahthat: :popcorn:

Ricebrnr
08-28-2008, 11:25 AM
Welcome!

Can I join the Ann Arbor chapter of MGO too?

I don't feel too bad about Ann Arbor, then again I'm an escapee from New York!

TFin04
08-28-2008, 05:47 PM
Nothing crazy, just a McCain sticker.

appliancebrad
08-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Nothing more fun than sitting in Sweetwater and talking guns and shootings. You can actually see the chairs moving back and away. I also wear my Celebrate Diversity shirt or my Appalachia State Dad shirt whenever I can in AA.

Divegeek
08-29-2008, 12:23 PM
I worked in AA for 12.5 years. Man that place is Hippy Central. Even though I had to drive 25 miles and fight rush hour traffic, I never could see myself moving to Washtenaw county.

I saw so many liberal signs and bumper stickers it was crazy. Everything from "Impeach Bush" to "Wiccans make better lovers". Every wacked out cause was represented.

Dan the man
09-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Geez, I don't check in for a few days and this introduction post took on a life of it's own!

Guys it's not THAT bad living here!

I just block out the liberal minutiae and generally don't associate with the hippies, or professors. I've seen no indication of anti-gun agenda from the city or the police. The guy at the police station that does the regis....safety inspections is an enthusiast who loves to check out and discuss new pistols.

The scenery (people watching) is incredible! The students are back today and the young ladies don't like to be encumbered with too much unnecessary clothing.

The traffic is a whole other subject. Just don't get me started on those damn Ann Arbor drivers!

Now say it with me everyone: OOOHHHHMMMMMMMMM..........:creature:

genesis
09-02-2008, 05:20 PM
all this negativity about Ann Arbor. One thing I really enjoy is all the free parking if you're on a motorcycle
BTW I really do enjoy working in AA, but I don't have to go downtown at all