PDA

View Full Version : Lapeer Appleseed Feb 22

Garymac
02-10-2014, 10:18 AM
Appleseed is the premier rifle marksmanship program in the country. It combines modern rifle shooting and the history and heritage of our founding fathers. It is absolutely the best way to learn shooting skills in a safe, family friendly environment. It is absolutely the best way to awaken the sprite of our fore bearers by learning the choice and sacrifices they had to endure to create this country. This program is fun and educational in addition to learning the shooting skills that all Americans should have.

This is a one and/or two day event though 2 days is recommended to get the full benefit.

Typically runs from about 8:30 am-5 pm each day. You can sign up for Saturday or Saturday and Sunday.

This is a .22 rimfire event only. Bring your own .22 rifles or loaners are available with advanced notice. .22 ammo will be available for purchase at cost (which is likely cheaper than you can buy it in a store if you could find it)

The shooting part is done outdoors but the line is heated. Dress for the weather. There is a heated clubhouse with bathrooms attached to the line we use.

More info about Appleseed is here... www.appleseedinfo.org

Fees $40/day, $20 for under 18 + $10 range fee. Pay directly to Appleseed when registering on this site...

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=62&id_event=2479

Walk ons accepted though these usually sell out.

If you haven't done an Appleseed yet, it is time to step up and be counted.

WelshAmerican
02-15-2014, 01:32 PM
Would someone be able to get an Appleseed target to shoot at in advance of the event? It would be a stress-reliever to know a bit in advance of the Appleseed event how close/far he is from qualifying as a Rifleman.

Roundballer
02-15-2014, 02:09 PM
Yes, you can purchase targets through the Appleseed website store.
http://store.rwvaappleseed.com/page4.html

Or, if you wish to have scaled to 50' targets for practice, and can be printed on 8.5x11 paper, there is a file somewhere on the Appleseed forum. (I would have to find the link).
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=34387.0

Personally, I think it would be better to get the instruction first. That way you would not be creating and reenforcing bad habits.

Are you still "out of country"?

ETA;
Was reading up on things over at AS. Found the post and added the link above. It is attachments near the bottom of the first post.

WelshAmerican
02-16-2014, 10:11 AM
Are you still "out of country"?
Yes, I'm in Africa. I guess I'm too earnest about things from some points of view. Evidence of which is this: I bought my Appleseed Event coupon long in advance (and at a nice discount). I have penciled this into my calendar for 2015. I guess I'll do myself a favor by not preparing for this, staying as "green" as I am, knowing neither correct nor incorrect techniques.

Superheat
02-22-2014, 07:36 AM
Unfortunately, The winter weather has halted our Appleseed. There is an inch of ice at Lapeer County Sportsman club and that includes the range. For safety's sake I've cancelled the event.

There are spots available for the March 22/23 event. Hope to see you then.

Superheat