PDA

View Full Version : Special antlerless season

Done Deal
08-13-2008, 06:29 AM
How many folks here are about to be new hunters that have decided that due to the new September antlerless season they will give deer hunting a shot?

Please provide a little background.

Thanks in advance

wabigoon157
08-13-2008, 10:52 PM
There is plenty of oportunity to shoot doe's. We don't need a special hunt BEFORE our children try there luck during the last weekend on the youth hunt. I think there will be alot of illegal bucks killed during this hunt. Its very easy to pattern and kill a buck this early because there still on there summer feeding pattern.

Done Deal
08-14-2008, 07:07 AM
The wisdom of the hunt (when it is included) could be the subject of another thread.

What I am trying to figure out is how many folks are going deer hunting for the first time BECAUSE of this hunt and what got them there.

mkls0
08-14-2008, 07:30 AM
The wisdom of the hunt (when it is included) could be the subject of another thread.

What I am trying to figure out is how many folks are going deer hunting for the first time BECAUSE of this hunt and what got them there.

And what are you going to do with this inform.???

Done Deal
08-14-2008, 08:33 AM
And what are you going to do with this inform.???

I dunno, maybe rant and rave...hard to say.

See, way back when....I was opposed to the four buck antlerless permits for several reasons. I could tell stories (but, I have an appointment to go on) and essentially, the long and short of it was that the new hunters that entered the fold were....well....lemme say....some of them were not familiar with hunting or firearms or tradition or much of anything. The could go kill a deer for four bucks and that is what counted. Heck, they could go kill lots of deer for four bucks and that is what counted.

I believe that perspectives on our hunting heritage, tradition, and health and condition of the herd are changing dramatically as a result of the perceived direction that the DNR is taking.

So....I was just wondering....

PS I intend to shoot ten buck does in September. And the story (not that anybody cares) behind that would also be the subject of another thread.

harleydude1911
08-15-2008, 08:20 PM
When in September is this going to happen and what are the rules. thanks

Leader
08-16-2008, 07:48 AM
When in September is this going to happen and what are the rules. thanks

Sept. 18 - Sept. 22

WITH permit.

Private land ONLY.

Anterless ONLY.

NickS
08-16-2008, 07:58 AM