Michigan Gun Owners
Meet & Greet
Tuesday March 4th, 2014 6pm~9pm
At
Hibachi Grill & Supreme Buffet
6539 Wayne rd. Westland, Mi
ph. 734-729-5688
Between Warren & Hunter rd.
It is on the West side of the road in the strip mall.

We will be siting in the "Party Room"

-Just a note, there is a variety of dishes including American on the buffet so there should be no trouble finding something to eat-

Please join us as we kick off the first of Meet & Greet events for this year.

All are welcome to attend, bring a friend!
All you can eat buffet-hibachi grill- sushi bar all included.
No, MGO will not be covering the meal :)

We will have a few drawings for MGO merchandise &
also have items for sale T-shirt-Hats-Mugs-Membership Specials!

No liquor license
OC /CC good to go!

http://i61.tinypic.com/530cpg.jpg

johnzilla
02-22-2014, 07:24 AM
Nice! :thup:

I am glad to see MGO doing these types of activities/events!

mikeb32
02-22-2014, 07:37 AM
Nice! :thup:

I am glad to see MGO doing these types of activities/events!

Hope to see you there, John!!

Ruger
02-22-2014, 11:45 AM
See ya there!

Kaeto
02-23-2014, 03:52 PM
What is the cost of the Buffet?

Ruger
02-23-2014, 04:09 PM
What is the cost of the Buffet?

$10.99 + beverage

tedalton
02-23-2014, 04:18 PM
Deb and I will be there.

Kaeto
02-23-2014, 04:54 PM
Ok that I think I can afford.

SeeTee
02-23-2014, 05:53 PM
Just a quick note there is a variety of dishes including American on the buffet, so there should be no trouble finding something for everybody.

I am looking forward to the event and seeing everybody there!

dmd7765
02-23-2014, 06:33 PM
We passed out over 50 flyers at the Novi Gun Show, hope that improves attendance.

mikeb32
02-23-2014, 06:48 PM
This will also be an opportunity to have a little "Town Hall" discussion period.
That is the reason we have asked for the room to be available from 6:00 pm til 9:00 pm.

I know 2 BoD Members will be there for sure, so get your questions and suggestions ready.

I hope this is the first of these, like I said before, I would really like to have one of these every month, at least in the winter months when everyone has Cabin Fever,and is getting calluses on their fingers from typing so much.

We need to hear from you guys on the other side of town on where next months is going to be, find a place, make the arrangements and let SeeTee know when and where and we will go for it!!

DEVIL DOG
02-24-2014, 10:09 AM
I'd be willing to drive across town to go to HARBOR HOUSE.

jgreen
02-24-2014, 10:20 AM
I should be able to make this since it's in my backyard.

Angry Driver
02-24-2014, 06:47 PM
I may try to make it to this since I'm both new the site and the area.

mikeb32
02-24-2014, 06:49 PM
Look forward to meeting you.
You will only be a stranger once!!

Angry Driver
02-24-2014, 07:19 PM
Look forward to meeting you.
You will only be a stranger once!!
Thanks! Anybody have a good guess how long it might take me to get there from Farmington Hills around that time? Half hour? I'll probably just take clothes and change at work since it's closer for me from there than from home.

DEVIL DOG
02-24-2014, 07:25 PM
At that time of day, I would stay away from I-275. Newberg would be a good choice.

mikeb32
02-24-2014, 07:38 PM
I have to agree with Devil Dog, but about a half hour should do it.

dmd7765
02-24-2014, 07:54 PM
Oldskoolford427 is going to try to make it.

lawestruck
02-25-2014, 09:14 PM
hopefully next time.....won't be out of work till 10pm. Hope the attendance is good!

Cocowheats
02-28-2014, 09:14 PM
Hmmm, I may try and show. Bit of a drive for me though...

Shooting sessions typically seal the deal for me; just a FYI;). I suppose they can't all be fun shoots though:(.

Jackam
03-02-2014, 09:01 PM
Hmmm, I may try and show. Bit of a drive for me though...

Shooting sessions typically seal the deal for me; just a FYI;). I suppose they can't all be fun shoots though:(.

Oddly enough for a firearms group, there were people griping about MGO hosting range times just to get people to come to a meeting.

I agree with you - it's a great motivator.

I am going to try to go. I figured it out and it'll be about $25 in gas there and $25 back. Add the meals that I'll buy and this'll make for an expensive "hello."
But I can't buy ammo 'cause there ain't none so I might as well! :)

DEVIL DOG
03-02-2014, 11:48 PM
Hey, bring SlowDog with you . He could fill his trunk up with ammo, & we could all score.

mikeb32
03-02-2014, 11:52 PM
Will be great to see everyone, No Hugs though, My ribs are still healing!!

dragonGTR
03-03-2014, 07:42 PM
I won't be there the whole time but I will be there for awhile starting at 6

BridgeBuilder
03-03-2014, 07:44 PM
Do we have to be paying members to go? I live two miles away

SeeTee
03-03-2014, 07:56 PM
Do we have to be paying members to go? I live two miles away

No, We encourage all who want to come on out to dinner to do so, you don't even need to be a forum member, just a 2A supporter! you don't even have to own a gun!

All are welcome, hope to see you there!

D-Man
03-03-2014, 07:58 PM
If I can get out of work early enough, I'll be there.

BridgeBuilder
03-03-2014, 08:26 PM
Cool. Me and a few friends might be able to stop by. If you see a table with all younger guys its us. Probally be there a lil later after work and ****

No, We encourage all who want to come on out to dinner to do so, you don't even need to be a forum member, just a 2A supporter! you don't even have to own a gun!

All are welcome, hope to see you there!

Kaeto
03-03-2014, 08:29 PM
I do plan on being there. How much I eat there will depend on wither or not I sell the gun I have listed.

Angry Driver
03-03-2014, 08:39 PM
I won't be there the whole time but I will be there for awhile starting at 6This sounds about like my plan.

cmike
03-03-2014, 09:59 PM
I do plan on being there. How much I eat there will depend on wither or not I sell the gun I have listed.
It's a buffet.

SeeTee
03-03-2014, 10:06 PM
Just a reminder to all attending, we will be in a separate area called the "Party Room" it is off to the left side of the buffet area.
We should not be hard to find.

Angry Driver
03-03-2014, 10:08 PM
Just a reminder to all attending, we will be in a separate area called the "Party Room" it is off to the left side of the buffet area.
We should not be hard to find.
Thanks for the heads-up. I should be there right around 6 if not a bit earlier.

Kpkimmel83
03-04-2014, 11:44 AM
Can i bring a bunch of guns to swap?

SeeTee
03-04-2014, 01:54 PM
Can i bring a bunch of guns to swap?

No, this is in a restaurant, it is not the time / place for that.

DEVIL DOG
03-04-2014, 02:02 PM
Right, we need to be on our best behavior. The whole world is watching.

SeeTee
03-04-2014, 02:12 PM
Just a note, I will not be on the forum for the rest of the day / night so I will not get any pm, or be able to make any post's on the forum to answer any questions.

See everybody later!

SeeTee
03-04-2014, 02:12 PM
Right, we need to be on our best behavior. The whole world is watching.

:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

Pyzik
03-04-2014, 02:47 PM
Looking like I am not going to make it. :(

BridgeBuilder
03-04-2014, 03:10 PM
Do we have to pay cor the buffet? Or is that optional?

7.62 Nato
03-04-2014, 03:43 PM
Do we have to pay cor the buffet? Or is that optional?
You don't have to eat while you're there. If you eat, you pay.

Ruger
03-04-2014, 03:52 PM
Have a good time Gents, Hockey game tonight.....

oldskoolford427
03-04-2014, 03:54 PM
You don't have to eat while you're there. If you eat, you pay.
The free buffet was last week! :D
See ya there!

Magnum Man
03-04-2014, 06:14 PM
Bon appetit!

plumbum
03-04-2014, 09:10 PM
dang, for some reason i just noticed this banner scrolling across the top! i would have went, its about 3 miles from my house.. :(

oh well, maybe ill just make a "man with a gun call" to westland pd instead.....

:biggrin: j/j... hope you guys had fun

detroitbassist
03-04-2014, 09:59 PM
Thanks for putting this together!

Was nice to be able to get out of the house & be around 2a friendly folks for a change. I think the idea about having them monthly is a good one, count me in.

Angry Driver
03-04-2014, 10:05 PM
dang, for some reason i just noticed this banner scrolling across the top! i would have went, its about 3 miles from my house.. :(

oh well, maybe ill just make a "man with a gun call" to westland pd instead.....

:biggrin: j/j... hope you guys had fun
Aw, too bad. There was a decent turnout by the time I left a little after 7, but it sounds like there may be more events in the works down the road. Nice meeting/seeing everyone that made it, thanks to MGO for putting it on, and I'm looking forward to more events!

I know for a lot of people it was nice finally putting a face with a name or seeing familiar faces, but given my short time on this site, I'm still learning names. I'm hoping to get more active on the site, but my time feels so limited lately. :cheers:

DEVIL DOG
03-04-2014, 10:21 PM
It was a good time. I will be going to more in the future.

Jackam
03-04-2014, 11:32 PM
Huge success! I met some really neat people, saw some old friends, and was impressed with the number of people that were there. Almost as many as the annual meeting! :)

It was nice seeing 3 BOD members there. (There because they care!)
Pretty good contingent of ladies tonight too!

MGO has a huge talent pool to draw from. I'm always amazed at the skills that are exposed when we meet.

I'm still trying to get used to being pelted with debris as I walk in. I try to sneak in but SeeTee always quietly yells "THERE'S A MODERATOR IN THE ROOM!"

I enjoyed the evening. Was nice being among like minded individuals.

Let's do it again!

mikeb32
03-05-2014, 01:17 AM
Just wanted to ad a Thank You to all who came out tonight.
I think after we counted all of the later arrivals we were at about 30 people.

I would like to say a personal Thank You to the other two BoD Members who were present, especially Our President who drove approximately 200 miles round trip to be present, Thanks John for your support and dedication.

We also signed up two more Members and all and all I believe everyone had a real good evening.

Thanks again Everyone for making our first Meet & Greet a huge success!!

jgreen
03-05-2014, 08:58 AM
I'm disappointed that I couldn't make it out, since it's right down the road from me. Unfortunately, I had a funeral on the East Side, and then some car troubles on the way home that made me late getting back to the area.

I'm glad this was a success, and I will be at the next event.

dmd7765
03-05-2014, 08:59 AM
Great Turn Out- Thanks to all who attended.

The Next one is going to be over in Macomb County somewhere.

After that we are looking at suggestions for where to have one, and a volunteer to set it up.

Thanks again to all.. And to Jack, sorry for the pelting, but Carl said it was a rule.

Ruger
03-05-2014, 09:03 AM
So how was the food?

DEVIL DOG
03-05-2014, 09:08 AM
Meh, it's worth the price. Nothing spectacular. The coconut shrimp are good.

7.62 Nato
03-05-2014, 09:09 AM
So how was the food?
I ate too much.

Kaeto
03-05-2014, 09:22 AM
So did I.

Ruger
03-05-2014, 09:23 AM
I ate too much.

That's why I didn't go! I wouldn't want anyone calling me a buffet whore!

Give a real man to many food choices and his head becomes ruled by his stomach, or how big his eyes are!

CnA
03-05-2014, 09:49 AM
So how was the food?
I'm a self admitted Asian food snob especially with a Thai wife who is a great cook using our home grown Asian herbs and veggies. So for my snobbish standards that most restaurants can't meet, the food was just a tad over the blegh factor. :gobble:

The bland sauces were loaded up with sugar which you don't find in real Asian food. Also, here is a test for a authentic Asian hibachi grill, if they don't have fish sauce, walk away. They didn't have it and made the food to fit the typical urban American pallet used to crap food.

Ruger
03-05-2014, 10:06 AM
I'm a self admitted Asian food snob especially with a Thai wife who is a great cook using our home grown Asian herbs and veggies. So for my snobbish standards that most restaurants can't meet, the food was just a tad over the blegh factor. :gobble:

The bland sauces were loaded up with sugar which you don't find in real Asian food. Also, here is a test for a authentic Asian hibachi grill, if they don't have fish sauce, walk away. They didn't have it and made the food to fit the typical urban American pallet used to crap food.

Thank you Chef, that's what I was looking for! Had friends that stopped in there last week and said pretty much the same thing, they had more negatives then positives and said they won't be going back.

SeeTee
03-05-2014, 10:08 AM
Another fine event to meet people FTF, I was glad to see new folks come on out to meet us, it was good to see some of you that we met at Outdoorama come on by.

It's great to put a face to screen names.

The only sad part is, as said before their are many great people on MGO with and willing to share skills and expertise that people miss out on because they don't get out to meet them, some things just don't translate the same on the forum, you have to get out in public.

As I understand it about 30 came out, that's not bad at all, you can never predict what a turn out will be.

Sorry Jack, I thought is was my civic duty to call out a MWABH ;-)

Again it was great to see everybody and the BOD members, Thank you all for coming to the M & G.

And a thanks to the restaurant, no problems, nobody freaked out.

A few pictures, not the best, but proof it happened!

http://i58.tinypic.com/21oafeo.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/2hye4ao.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/34q8kl4.jpg

Kaeto
03-05-2014, 01:22 PM
When I was at the buffet line I did have a gentleman ask me what kind of gun I was carrying, but that was all. No freaking out at all.

Slossar1004
03-05-2014, 06:51 PM
Glad to hear people got together and had a good time.

I'd be happy to assist in organizing something in St Clair County. Are the meet & greets serving a purpose of exposure to the public, or would the clubhouse at BWSA be an option? BYOM (bring your own meat) to cook on the grill? Maybe myself and other BWSA members could host a meet & greet in the spring? Just a thought.

mikeb32
03-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Glad to hear people got together and had a good time.

I'd be happy to assist in organizing something in St Clair County. Are the meet & greets serving a purpose of exposure to the public, or would the clubhouse at BWSA be an option? BYOM (bring your own meat) to cook on the grill? Maybe myself and other BWSA members could host a meet & greet in the spring? Just a thought.

That has possibilities, Sir........As long as you give us your secret route to get out that way to avoid the dinner time traffic!!

Slossar1004
03-06-2014, 08:06 PM
That has possibilities, Sir........As long as you give us your secret route to get out that way to avoid the dinner time traffic!!
If I knew one I'd probably still be commuting to Pontiac! Hall Road is horrible. Offer stands!