PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with MI youth mentor hunting program?

deadhead1911
02-21-2014, 09:30 PM
Was just looking for anyone's experience with it and how the license works. After buying the mentor license do you also buy another tag for each season? Or does it just come as a package? Or is he hunting with my tag? The site really isn't really clear. It seems a they are included, but how?

Fishman
03-03-2014, 11:17 PM
I have bought the Mentor Youth tag for 2 seasons now for my boy (now 8). The license is good for all of the seasons and game and types of hunting it states. It is the only license you need, no others to buy or tag-a-long.

deadhead1911
03-04-2014, 08:43 AM
I have bought the Mentor Youth tag for 2 seasons now for my boy (now 8). The license is good for all of the seasons and game and types of hunting it states. It is the only license you need, no others to buy or tag-a-long.

Thank you....

rcktman
03-23-2014, 08:30 AM
Thank you....

Good program but I think you can only do it 2 years. Then you have to get the hunter safety completed. Also you may need a crossbow stamp for free if you use that. Other wise get them out and have a good time.

nmuskier
04-05-2014, 03:23 PM
The child does need MI ID, a hunter safety card, or the MI sports card ($1.00). I didn't need any ID to get my child the sports card, and I purchased the entire package at the same time.