PDA

View Full Version : April 19th History Presentations

Garymac
03-16-2014, 06:43 PM
Upcoming History presentations

These presentations are free and open to the public. Free swag for MGO forum members, families and friends.

Using an interesting multimedia program utilizing maps, photos and historical items I will take you on a journey through the events of April 19th, 1775, the day of Paul Reveres ride and the battles of Lexington and Concord. We'll talk about some of the heroes and villains. We will look at some of the life and death choices and decisions made by the colonists that day. It is a compelling story that all Americans, particularly in these trying times, should hear again.

We will try and answer some of the questions such as...

Who actually fired the first shots of the war?
When did the American Revolution actually start?
What made one of the most disciplined and powerful armies in the world run from a bunch of shop keepers and farmers at the north bridge in Concord?
Where did the war actually begin?

The answers my surprise you. Come and find out.

April 16, Caroline Kennedy Library, Dearborn Hts. 7 PM 24590 George Ave

May 8, Isabella County Commission on Aging, Mt. Pleasant 7 PM

This is an interesting presentation appropriate for the whole family.

Did I mention free swag for MGO forum members, families and friends? Just mention that you saw it here.

I will be doing all of the presentations. I am on the national LibertySeed.org history advisory board and am the LibertySeed History Coordinator for the state of Michigan. I am also the guy who designed the Ruger 10/22 50th Anniversary Rifle if you want to talk guns. ;)

If your group, club or organization is looking for a speaker for your meetings, our presentations are both inspirational and motivational. Did I mention we'll do it for free?

SeeTee
04-16-2014, 08:54 PM
I just got home a short while ago from attending Gary's presentation, a very informative and enjoyable evening!

I learned a lot about the events of April 19 that I never knew before.

There is a lot to think about of the times & people back then that still send a message for us today.

I would highly recommend attending one of these presentations if at all possible.

Any group who would like to host one of these history lessons feel free to contact Gary and set one up, you will be glad you did!!!

Thanks for the presentation Gary, The wife & I had a good time!!

costanza
04-17-2014, 07:54 AM
SeeTee is right-it was a very good event Gary and his group put on. I learned a lot about the beginnings of the American Revolution, and what the colonials thought about their 'current' events and how these events shaped their actions. If they did not win the war, they could have been viewed quite differently. The issues they faced have very interesting parallels in today's world. Gary is available to speak to most any group with enough notice. contact him via PM for more info!
Regards,
Costanza

SeeTee-good to see you again!

xyzijk
04-20-2014, 10:47 AM
Rats! I wish I had seen this sooner, and I wish I didn't have to work all the time! I'll try to keep an eye on this thread for another event night and closer location. This sounds good.