View Full Version : Leupold Delta Point

gjgalligan
03-18-2014, 08:46 PM
Anybody have or had one?
Thinking about one for a pistol.

Big bucks, is it worth it?

MDFI
03-18-2014, 08:50 PM
Trijicon RMR is a way more durable optic on a pistol. Save up and you wont be disappointed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

juicemon
03-23-2014, 07:09 PM
I've been using the Burris Fastfire III for a while. Same type of setup, less money.
j

Fuel Fire Desire
03-23-2014, 07:58 PM
While the RMR is built like a tank, it has a 8? MOA dot. Just fine for a rapid acquisition optic. What I like about the delta is the option to get the triangle reticle, and still getting a big easy to see dot with a crisp defined point for precision if need be.

The RMR doesn't need a battery (you have to remove the delta point from its base to replace it), so it's always "on" and always at the proper illumination. (I have the RX30, and it adjusts to ambient conditions very well). The delta point has an electronic eye to it, and adjusts automatically as well. But with that, the delta point can suffer from washout just like the RMR/RX reflexes.

If you're sold on the triangle reticle, go for the delta. If you're indifferent or want a dot, it comes down to what you really want. Durability with no need for batteries (RMR) or a bigger viewing window with a smaller frame (delta point).

Freq18Hz
03-26-2014, 08:10 PM
This info is not correct.

RMR has multiple models, both battery and dual illumination. Reticles range from 3.25 MOA to 13 MOA.

-Freq

While the RMR is built like a tank, it has a 8? MOA dot. Just fine for a rapid acquisition optic. What I like about the delta is the option to get the triangle reticle, and still getting a big easy to see dot with a crisp defined point for precision if need be.

The RMR doesn't need a battery (you have to remove the delta point from its base to replace it), so it's always "on" and always at the proper illumination. (I have the RX30, and it adjusts to ambient conditions very well). The delta point has an electronic eye to it, and adjusts automatically as well. But with that, the delta point can suffer from washout just like the RMR/RX reflexes.

If you're sold on the triangle reticle, go for the delta. If you're indifferent or want a dot, it comes down to what you really want. Durability with no need for batteries (RMR) or a bigger viewing window with a smaller frame (delta point).

dhrith
03-26-2014, 09:09 PM
This info is not correct.

RMR has multiple models, both battery and dual illumination. Reticles range from 3.25 MOA to 13 MOA.

-Freq

Correct.

RMR way to go.