PDA

View Full Version : short scope tubes

ken watson
03-22-2014, 03:18 PM
How come most scopes I buy end up too short concerning eye relief. It's like the manufactures makes the scope tubes to short with no room for adjustment when mounted. I don't want to change rings since I have a Ruger supplied with factory rings. The eye piece ends up more than 3-1/2 fingers from my eye even when I slide the scope all the back against the turrets to get the proper eye relief. An older style burris with a long scope tube seems to be the only type scope that works but most have a gloss finish not matte.

langenc
04-05-2014, 10:25 PM
Shooters like 'compact'scopes and variable.

I agree with your assessment and have extended rings on one riflle.

Try and buy a low fixed power scope.. there are a few-all compacts.

Might go to ebay and check the old Weaver K line..( K4 or K6)

JDG
04-06-2014, 07:42 AM
Guess you need research better before you buy for that Ruger:-P. Weaver scopes have some very long tubes, at least the "T" Series does, but those are very high mag fixed power scopes. The eye relieve on my old Leupold would have really drove you nuts, as it changed 1.7" through out its mag range, I sold it for just that reason. A better mount system would be nice, but you gotta work within the limits of that Ruger setup....

dukeneutron
04-18-2014, 06:09 PM
i'm a bit of a ruger freak. ive had this same issue. If your notoffended to changing out your ring I found this mount. Should have lots of a room to move scope around.
www.jackweigand.com. picatinny style mount for ruger rifles.