PDA

View Full Version : Fenton Appleseed April 5 & 6

Garymac
03-29-2014, 08:08 AM
Appleseed is coming to Fenton Lake Sportsmans Club on April 5 & 6

Good time to shake off the cobwebs of a long winter and learn some great marksmanship skills. If you've never taken a formal firearms class this is the place to start. If you have taken a class this is a great place to build on your skill. This is a great class to bring someone to introduce them to the shooting sports whether they are a child or significant other.

Yeah, rifle marksmanship and revolutionary war history, what better way to replant the seeds of liberty in this country?

YOU NEED TO DO THIS

More info here.... http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=64&id_event=2680

gidaeon
03-30-2014, 10:32 AM
Is the option of going to just 1 day (and paying for such) now gone? Seems that way on eventbrite. I've been doing Sundays-only a few times a year for several years.

Garymac
03-30-2014, 01:07 PM
Is the option of going to just 1 day (and paying for such) now gone? Seems that way on eventbrite. I've been doing Sundays-only a few times a year for several years.

You can still walk on and pay the one day fee. Contact the shoot boss. From what I hear, Fenton is a go this weekend.

Going to have to look into the online reg for one day, I didn't realize it wasn't on there.

westwardwanderer
04-02-2014, 08:56 AM
I wanted to go to this event. I have emailed through the Appleseed link a couple times. I have not received a response back. Any idea on how to reach someone running this to get a couple questions answered?

Garymac
04-02-2014, 02:18 PM
I wanted to go to this event. I have emailed through the Appleseed link a couple times. I have not received a response back. Any idea on how to reach someone running this to get a couple questions answered?

Sorry about that...

My understanding now is that only one person signed up so Fenton didn't want to tie up the range for the whole weekend and cancelled it.

Feel free to ask me and/or PM me if you have any question you have about Appleseed. If I don't know I will pass it on to the State Coordinator.

Our next one in Fenton is June 14-15

Lapeer has shoots the end of the month and in June.

We have couple on April 19 weekend, one in Niles, the other in Bellevue/Battle Creek

Full Schedule is here... http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=MI&statename=Michigan

westwardwanderer
04-02-2014, 08:59 PM
I saw that they recommend particular sights and slings. I have a couple Ruger 10/22s. I wanted to know if the sights would be available on site. I guess now I have time to order them and install them myself. I didn't register because no one responded to my emails. Thanks for posting and letting me know it was cancelled. I had to take a couple vacation days to take the class. (That I will cancel now.) I wouldn't have been happy to show up and found out it was cancelled after an hour drive from south of Detroit.

Garymac
04-03-2014, 07:43 AM
I saw that they recommend particular sights and slings. I have a couple Ruger 10/22s. I wanted to know if the sights would be available on site. I guess now I have time to order them and install them myself. I didn't register because no one responded to my emails. Thanks for posting and letting me know it was cancelled. I had to take a couple vacation days to take the class. (That I will cancel now.) I wouldn't have been happy to show up and found out it was cancelled after an hour drive from south of Detroit.

I am not sure who reads the emails posted on the website or who they are forwarded to but you can always find answers here.

In regards to sights and slings. While factory sights work they are not very precise for our purposes so peep sights are a better option. Many people use the Tech Sights. We don't have those available at the shoots. Scopes work as well and in fact I recommend doing an Appleseed with a scope until one masters the points of instruction and then come back and try it with iron sights. Any full size 3-9x, 1-4x or fixed 4x scope will do. The Simmons 22 Mag scopes are popular since they are inexpensive.

Slings....typically we recommend a GI web sling. You can find these at the Appleseed store online and other places. These require a 1.5" swivel which I can occasionally find at Dunhams. You will need to mount studs on the stock for the swivels. Most our our shoot bosses (the guy who is in charge at the shoot) have slings and swivels for sale at cost at the shoots. Or you can buy all those things online.

Sorry about us not getting back to you. Let me know when you are going to try again and I will keep you informed.