PDA

View Full Version : from chicago

johndacarpenter
09-03-2008, 12:02 AM
I am a carpenter who relocated here from chicago, before anybody says anything about a dumb move, I can't see why I would pay over 300k for a fixer upper and have to work 90 hours a week to pay for it, not to mention they still have the gun ban and I thoroughly enjoy shooting, mostly skeet but pistols and rifles are in my cabinet too. it takes me an hour and a half to get to a suburb with an indoor range, and well over two hours to use a long gun in that city.
so I found a home in the suburbs of windsor ( I don't want to consider detroit a city right now) and figure with the housing prices as they are I can have a house, a cottage and still have time to shoot every weekend without it being a dirty little secret. I have my ccw and usually can be found shooting with a friend at the local gun club or pontiac lakes. I have been a gun owner for 15 of my 33 years and look forward to many more years of shooting after John McCain becomes president.

Roger Roney
09-03-2008, 01:41 AM
:welcome: John!!

Independent contractor, working for one, or other? Once you get the hang of these boards, you might want to post your services in the for sale or trade areas. Who knows, you might pick up some work or deals. :lol:

I'm guessing you are in the Northwestern suburbs of "Windsor?" (From the Pontiac Lake reference.) You might consider editing your profile to show a location from general, "SE MI" to county or town.

I'm also a carpenter, building inspector, retired eng'rg tech, and a few others. Just got done a few hours ago getting a roof watertight after a complete strip to the rafters, adding insulation, new sheathing, and 100% ice shield. (2.5 pitch) Still have to shingle -groan- :lol:

Roger

Trev
09-05-2008, 04:03 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/DreamVertigo/welcome_21.gif