PDA

View Full Version : MGO Annual members meeting and BOD elections July 26, Post 46

SeeTee
05-11-2014, 09:19 PM
Well fellow MGO members, Forum members, Family, Friends & Guests it is that time again and it will be here sooner then we think!

One again the annual MGO picnic will be held at Post 46 in Pickney, Saturday July 26, link-http://www.post46hfc.com/ (http://www.post46hfc.com/)

The itinerary as I have it now,
10:00 a.m.- 11:00 a.m. Set up & Meet and Greet
11:00- 12:00 Start Meeting
12:00- 1:00 Lunch & Voting
1:00- 3:00 Resume Meeting/ Seat New BoD/ Elect New Officers
3:00 - ? Range

This is also a members meeting, this is the time for you to meet and talk with our Board of Directors. :gossip:

This is also a Board of Directors election, Several seats will be open this year, this is the time for people who want to get involved in shaping the direction of MGO to step up, five ( 5 ) seats are open, Details are posted here -- http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?294931-****Call-for-Volunteers-for-the-MGO-BoD-and-Election-Committee***
This year we will again have the meal catered, details will be added as we nail things down.:glutton:
Anyone who would like to bring a side to pass or dessert it would be most welcome and appreciated, just let us know in the thread.

I am adding a poll to this post so everything stays in one thread, it has multiple options, Please take a look and as you make plans to attend take the poll to help us out. All including, Forum Members, no charge for anyone are :welcome: to attend, family, yes bring the kids, friends, so be sure to include everybody that will be coming with you.
You only need to be a paid MGO member to vote and be eligible for the Gun Of the Year drawing.

After you take the poll, if anything changes just post in this thread and I will adjust accordingly.
As we get closer to the event we will have a cut off date to the poll, It will be announced it plenty of time for you to be counted.

I am adding a choice to see how many are interested in having a swap table, it is not a firm deal yet, last year did not work out but we may try again this year.
This is also a Fun shoot :pistols: Post 46 has a fine outdoor range, rifle & pistol ok, unlike many ranges lead and steel ammo are good to go, so you can bring Wolf & Tula and handloads :banana: but no FA. Smoke-poles welcome!

Time to get out from behind the :computer: As always this is a free event!! :woohoo1: This is a non Alcohol event! :drunk: :nono:

Check back often, I will be updating this op as details firm up, I hope to see a big turn out for this event!!

Once again, there will be a drawing, for those who vote for one, of the MGO gun's of the year 2014, this year it is a S&W M&P15 Sport, ( AR15 Rifle )

New added item, we can use a few volunteers to help with the event, setting up, getting things ready, some odds & ends that will need help during the event and clean up after the event, nothing should take too long at any point through out the day, just some helping hands along the way would really be great, Please post or pm me if you are willing to help out, TIA!!!
We can still use some volunteers!!!

Last minute reminders and notes

Voting MGO members please bring your membership card with you, it really helps out the election committee, looks like they will have a lot of work to do this year!!

Please stop at the check in table and sign in.
Everybody who responded to the poll will have a pre -printed name tag with their screen name on it, please add your first name at least, last name is up to you, also if you have guests with you please have them fill out a name tag.

We will have the MGO banner at the entrance to Post 46, it will be on your right coming from the south, it will be easy to spot.

Side Dish List

Asian Slaw
Baked beans

dmd7765
05-11-2014, 09:35 PM
I'll be bringing the Asian Slaw

mikeb32
05-12-2014, 02:10 PM
MGO Is paying for the meats and the catering. We need tons of side dishes to make this happen!!!

zigziggityzoo
05-12-2014, 02:18 PM
I'll consult with the wife. Close to home so I should be able to make this one.

Fuzzbutt
05-15-2014, 09:11 AM
Just need to firm up the time a bit. Put in my calendar but a general start time would help as it's a bit of a drive.

Also who are welcome? Should we get sitter's for our kids?

SeeTee
05-15-2014, 11:30 AM
Just need to firm up the time a bit. Put in my calendar but a general start time would help as it's a bit of a drive.

Also who are welcome? Should we get sitter's for our kids?

" All are :welcome: to attend, family, yes bring the kids, friends, so be sure to include everybody that will be coming with you."

We will post an itinerary as we get closer to the event, as an unofficial guess on the times, the event will run most likely somewhere between 10am and 6pm, voting somewhere between 12noon and 1pm, again just a ball park range.

jolari
05-16-2014, 01:08 PM
Are we doing the gun drawing for all who vote again this year? If so, what is the gun we are drawing for? I'll bring baked beans.

SeeTee
05-16-2014, 03:51 PM
It will be a S&W M&P AR15sport

tdbrown1969
05-16-2014, 03:57 PM
Are we doing the gun drawing for all who vote again this year? If so, what is the gun we are drawing for? I'll bring baked beans.

Pictures can be seen here

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?275099-The-MGO-Gun-of-2014

oldskoolford427
06-04-2014, 11:43 AM
I will be there with a dish to pass.
I missed the swap meet part of the poll I would like to see a swap meet.

AleksanderSuave
06-08-2014, 03:21 PM
I can bring a side dish of vodka :))

DDWW
06-08-2014, 10:50 PM
Glad you folks are still having actual membership meetings. I know three life members of another organization who get zip. zero, nada, about any membership meetings. Guess they don't trust their members.

Pyzik
06-12-2014, 04:01 PM
It will be a S&W M&P AR15sport

So excited to win this year.... Haha

I'll be there with a car full of guns and people.
I'll "vote" when I closer to a firm number.

tedalton
06-12-2014, 05:43 PM
All RSO's, please see this thread:
linky (http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?297810-Volunteers-needed-for-annual-meeting-fun-shoot&p=2415631#post2415631)

RogueLeader
06-30-2014, 04:18 PM
Is there a schedule of events yets? Start time? Meeting time?

SeeTee
06-30-2014, 07:04 PM
Is there a schedule of events yets? Start time? Meeting time?

No not yet, Please see post #6

RogueLeader
06-30-2014, 07:56 PM
No not yet, Please see post #6

Thanks.

I didn't see in the first post and must have missed it when I scanned through the thread.

SeeTee
06-30-2014, 08:09 PM
Thanks.

I didn't see in the first post and must have missed it when I scanned through the thread.

You are welcome, It is now added in the first post to help others get an idea of the times, again as soon as I get something firm, I will make a new post in this thread and also update the op.

SeeTee
07-07-2014, 02:05 PM
The itinerary is now posted in the op also!

Coming up soon folks, just 18 people have responded to the poll, now is the time to be seen, heard, input at the members meeting, plus a great lunch and free shooting all in one day!!

Make your plans to attend!, you will never see the other side of MGO (from the forum ) if you don't show up and meet the many great people of MGO!!

Sign up for event now, it's free and all are welcome!!! Family-kids too, friends, neighbors!

Please review the op ( post #1 ) in this thread.

RogueLeader
07-11-2014, 08:49 PM
The itinerary is now posted in the op also!

Coming up soon folks, just 18 people have responded to the poll, now is the time to be seen, heard, input at the members meeting, plus a great lunch and free shooting all in one day!!

Make your plans to attend!, you will never see the other side of MGO (from the forum ) if you don't show up and meet the many great people of MGO!!

Sign up for event now, it's free and all are welcome!!! Family-kids too, friends, neighbors!

Please review the op ( post #1 ) in this thread.

One question I do have, why is there 1 hour meeting before lunch, and then the rest of the meeting after lunch? Is this for asking candidates questions, or is just for the current BOD to finish up open item?

mikeb32
07-14-2014, 02:46 PM
One question I do have, why is there 1 hour meeting before lunch, and then the rest of the meeting after lunch? Is this for asking candidates questions, or is just for the current BOD to finish up open item?

We address any open agenda items, give reports and that type of stuff in the first hour meeting, break for lunch and voting and then resume the meeting after that.

mikeb32
07-14-2014, 02:47 PM
Come on people, I need to give the caterer a final count in about 4 days, please reply to the poll!!

SeeTee
07-14-2014, 03:00 PM
37 people, members and guests combined so far on the list,
This is all that care to attend? And we have 40K+, people on the forum, 1K+ members?

Pyzik
07-14-2014, 03:58 PM
I voted that I would have 3 in tow, but I'm pretty sure you could add 2 more to that.

RogueLeader
07-14-2014, 04:14 PM
I voted that I would have 3 in tow, but I'm pretty sure you could add 2 more to that.

I am coming by myself...but that is because nobody likes me. :(

chosos
07-15-2014, 11:12 AM
I wish we could make this thread or a more informative page with a link to this thread open in a popup window as soon as you load the website for the next 2 weeks. I would also STICKY it in every forum for the next 2 weeks.

I hate to say this, but I bet you a vast majority of the membership have no idea that there is a meeting on the 26th. Just because it is in here, doesn't mean people read it or know about it. We need to market it.

mikeb32
07-15-2014, 11:17 AM
I will send a PM to the Admins. to see what they can do. Thanks Young Man.

Ruger
07-15-2014, 11:20 AM
I wish we could make this thread or a more informative page with a link to this thread open in a popup window as soon as you load the website for the next 2 weeks. I would also STICKY it in every forum for the next 2 weeks.

I hate to say this, but I bet you a vast majority of the membership have no idea that there is a meeting on the 26th. Just because it is in here, doesn't mean people read it or know about it. We need to market it.

I just felt like hitting the banner (Scrolling marque) and the current events page needs updating. (http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?106174-MGO-Actions-and-Events)

chosos
07-15-2014, 11:29 AM
The scrolling banner... All I ever see is: Click here for MGO Merchandise and MORE in....

By then, I've scrolled down the page. If it started with: GET A FREE GUN FOR VOTING AT THE ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING!!! Click here for MGO Merchandise and MORE in the MGO Store!………...Check out MGO's accomplishments and upcoming events >>>>Here!<<<< Keep current on what's going on!................

we might have more luck?

mikeb32
07-15-2014, 11:32 AM
The scrolling banner... All I ever see is: Click here for MGO Merchandise and MORE in....

By then, I've scrolled down the page. If it started with: GET A FREE GUN FOR VOTING AT THE ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING!!! Click here for MGO Merchandise and MORE in the MGO Store!………...Check out MGO's accomplishments and upcoming events >>>>Here!<<<< Keep current on what's going on!................

we might have more luck?

Pm has been sent to Admin. Hopefully they can get something up today.

Ruger
07-15-2014, 11:34 AM

we might have more luck?

Click on the >>>>HERE<<<< (http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?106174-MGO-Actions-and-Events)

Ruger
07-15-2014, 12:50 PM
Fixed now! Thanks Seetee..:biggrin:

7.62 Nato
07-15-2014, 12:54 PM
I will send a PM to the Admins. to see what they can do. Thanks Young Man.

That eblast people have been talking about sounds like a good idea.

Pyzik
07-15-2014, 12:54 PM
That eblast people have been talking about sounds like a good idea.
I got an email yesterday or the day before.

mikeb32
07-15-2014, 01:20 PM
We have a data base set up now so we will be using the e Mail blast more frequently.

mikeb32
07-15-2014, 01:52 PM
The Scrolling Banner has been changed to direct all Members to this thread, Thanks Zig!

dragonGTR
07-15-2014, 07:52 PM
Tapatalk would not let me respond to this post for some reason....

mikeb32
07-16-2014, 10:23 AM
As of right now, unless my math skills have really dwindled in my old age, I count 43 people planning on attending. I will hold off on letting the caterer know the number until Sunday July 20th, so let everyone you know to get there numbers in!!

chosos
07-16-2014, 10:39 AM
Glad the banner was updated. Still not sure people will read it though - but I'm hopeful! As annoying as popups are, I think a creative and eye-catching popup every time you load the forums telling you about the meeting for the entire week before the meeting would go a long way in notifying members and forum users that we have an in-person portion to the Org, and that we're meeting July 26th.

Who doesn't like winning a free gun for voting? Just some food for thought.

mikeb32
07-16-2014, 11:09 AM
I will check with the Admins. to see if we can do that, Thanks Chad

chosos
07-16-2014, 12:31 PM
Don't thank me. lol. It will make our lives hell. We'll be getting popup reminders that we don't want/need. But if it worked, at least we'd know that poor attendance at the meetings is a marketing issue, not a lack of involvement issue.

mikeb32
07-16-2014, 12:32 PM
Zig is going to look into it later this evening after work.

chosos
07-16-2014, 12:45 PM
Sorry Zig. :-(

tedalton
07-16-2014, 01:13 PM
Please, anything but pop-ups.

Pyzik
07-16-2014, 01:53 PM
Sorry Zig. :-(
Hahahaha.

Pop ups will likely be blocked for most folks so they aren't really going to work anyway.

mikeb32
07-16-2014, 01:56 PM
Hahahaha.

Pop ups will likely be blocked for most folks so they aren't really going to work anyway.

These will be the "Stealth" type Pop-Ups!!!

zigziggityzoo
07-16-2014, 03:20 PM
Sorry to say I don't think I'll be able to do it.

We've already spammed the member inboxes, we've got the banner at the top... We're blasting it on Facebook...

MJ0865
07-16-2014, 03:34 PM
Is there any way to lock the banner at the top of the screen, so when you scroll down you can still see it? I think most users are scrolling down a page before they even see the first word of the banner.

Pyzik
07-16-2014, 03:42 PM
Is there any way to lock the banner at the top of the screen, so when you scroll down you can still see it? I think most users are scrolling down a page before they even see the first word of the banner.
Now that's a nifty idea

Ruger
07-16-2014, 03:48 PM
If the word isn't heard it ain't from a lack of trying! Still 10 days or so to get the word out. Candidates should be networking and helping with the effort.

RogueLeader
07-16-2014, 03:54 PM

Yes. I would put something above the scrolling banner, surrouned with a border and a slightly different back ground that simply stated:

Annuals Member's Meeting
Sat. August 26, 2014
:: link to this thread ::

If someone had the time and skill, they could make a simple but nice looking picture(gif/jpg/etc.) to use in place of text. Something to stand out a bit.

Another option is that each member of the BOD be assigned a portion of the state and they would make a personal house call on each member; if they are not home they could leave a flier in the door. :D

Pyzik
07-16-2014, 04:26 PM
Clickable Image:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-5nTYXGHnrDU/U8buSXyPciI/AAAAAAAABro/CgEyPZxUglE/w958-h572-no/Anual+Meeting.png (http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?294918-MGO-Annual-members-meeting-and-BOD-elections-July-26-Post-46)

SeeTee
07-16-2014, 05:30 PM
:yeahthat:Cool and we are now up to 25 responses!

chosos
07-16-2014, 10:01 PM
How about a global sticky on each forum so it is at the top of each forum. (Not in the spot above the forum like the rules announcements are. I would still spam the whole "win a free gun for voting" thing, because people like the idea of winning things. And gun guys like winning guns.

Pyzik
07-17-2014, 11:54 AM
Anyone coming have a box of 8mm Mauser to spare?

Pyzik
07-17-2014, 03:01 PM
Please add TWO more to my list.

mikeb32
07-17-2014, 03:02 PM
So what is your total?

Pyzik
07-17-2014, 03:11 PM
So what is your total?

You're gonna make me count? LOL
Eight, including myself.

Side Dish List

Asian Slaw
Baked beans
This is all the sides offered? I'll talk to the wife this evening and see what she want's to bring.
I'll also talk to some of the invitees and see if they wanna bring something.

PhotoTom
07-17-2014, 03:12 PM
The Scrolling Banner has been changed to direct all Members to this thread, Thanks Zig!

Ahem...your welcome!

SeeTee
07-17-2014, 03:48 PM

I have some from Military from 1955 you can have, but your on your own with them!

As for the sides, yes that is all so far.

Pyzik
07-17-2014, 04:36 PM
I have some from Military from 1955 you can have, but your on your own with them!

Awesome! Thanks! We'll work something out for em.

mikeb32
07-17-2014, 05:16 PM
Thanks Tom!

mikeb32
07-17-2014, 05:18 PM
You're gonna make me count? LOL
Eight, including myself.

This is all the sides offered? I'll talk to the wife this evening and see what she want's to bring.
I'll also talk to some of the invitees and see if they wanna bring something.

There will also be: Baked Beans, Cole Slaw and potato salad provided by the caterer............Always need desserts!!!

Pyzik
07-17-2014, 05:24 PM
There will also be: Baked Beans, Cole Slaw and potato salad provided by the caterer............Always need desserts!!!

Whoops! Thanks for the update! My Pity7700 just messaged me saying he'd bring Tater Salad. I'll tell him to pick something else. Haha

Cocowheats
07-17-2014, 06:54 PM

I may be able to score some Nazi 8mm Mauser steel cased ammo if you'd like more...no guarantees as it's a buddy that has a boat load of it. PM me if interested and I'll ask about it.

I will be their(alone) and I will be RSOing the shooting portion.

Dabears!
07-18-2014, 07:26 PM
There is a huge yellow box on my cell phone screen that took me here.
and there is a yes or no question being asked with no way to pick no in the polls.
So no

Pyzik
07-18-2014, 08:00 PM
I may be able to score some Nazi 8mm Mauser steel cased ammo if you'd like more...no guarantees as it's a buddy that has a boat load of it. PM me if interested and I'll ask about it.

I will be their(alone) and I will be RSOing the shooting portion.
Told my friend with the Mauser. He should get back to ya. Thanks!

Pyzik
07-18-2014, 08:05 PM
and there is a yes or no question being asked with no way to pick no in the polls.
So no
Was on tapatalk and couldn't see it. I can see it now. I like it! Personalized and everything! Makes me feel special.

mikeb32
07-18-2014, 08:08 PM
So no

It's more important that we know who is coming more so than who's not.

Dabears!
07-18-2014, 08:15 PM
Was on tapatalk and couldn't see it. I can see it now. I like it! Personalized and everything! Makes me feel special.

Reminded me of a hood style cell phone store.
Free free free free free.

Pyzik
07-18-2014, 08:36 PM
Reminded me of a hood style cell phone store.
Free free free free free.
Hahaha.

Sledhead
07-18-2014, 08:58 PM
I'm bringing a huge bus load.

Sledhead
07-18-2014, 09:01 PM
To help take down the banner on the home page.

jolari
07-18-2014, 10:36 PM
If the caterer is bringing baked beans, do you want me to bring something else? I can do a dessert instead.

mikeb32
07-18-2014, 10:53 PM
That would be fine.

NorthernBorn
07-18-2014, 11:38 PM
Gotta work :(

Draken
07-19-2014, 02:09 AM
Well since I became a paying member so I could become more active I guess I should go. Just going to be me.

CircuitRider
07-19-2014, 05:54 AM
I look forward to meeting all your friends.

dirtwheeler90
07-19-2014, 07:48 AM
Will be at Novi for the gun show so come see us after

rugerfan925
07-19-2014, 07:58 AM
Me + 1 + watermelon? My 1st one, interested in putting names to faces.

mikeb32
07-19-2014, 08:02 AM
Me + 1 + watermelon? My 1st one, interested in putting names to faces.

Great, look forward to meeting you. Did you click on the poll?

SeeTee
07-19-2014, 10:10 AM

Ok, so how many on your bus?

topgun
07-19-2014, 10:40 AM
I said I would be there, but not for the meal because I have a boating trip to Put-In-Bay scheduled for that weekend, but if the weather turns sour, I'll be in Pinkney. It does sound like fun.

If I go, I'll bring the wife too, so she can show-off her newly acquired shooting skills.

Pity7700
07-19-2014, 10:44 AM
im going to make my way out there but unfortunately I don't think I will be able to make it out for lunch. Told Pyzik I was going to bring a side but I then remembered Pinckey is about an hour and a half from where I am and I work afternoons so it'll be tricky for me to get out there early enough.

chosos
07-19-2014, 12:08 PM
LMAO @ the new scrolling banner. Is that ever hideously huge and annoying. I hope it works.

elwarpo
07-19-2014, 12:09 PM
I will be there unless I have to work. You can also count on me to RSO

Magnum Man
07-19-2014, 02:08 PM
LMAO @ the new scrolling banner. Is that ever hideously huge and annoying. I hope it works.

Yes, but it sure does get your attention.

mikeb32
07-19-2014, 05:56 PM

In all seriousness, I have to let the Caterer know how many people to plan for tomorrow afternoon, so could you please respond with a number?

Homeschool
07-19-2014, 08:19 PM
Going to try and make it. I will say the banner does get your attention :laugh:

Fuzzbutt
07-19-2014, 11:18 PM
I like low odds of winning a free gun for doing what we paid to do in the first place, belong to an organization we believe in. I'll be there with myself and likely my 9 year old. I can bring anything from sides to dessert items. Any requests? Figure might as well bring something others might like too.

Sorry for the late response. Was doing my service to the BSA this week.

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk

tyler79durdan
07-20-2014, 04:46 AM
Damnit, I've been such a bad member with the not showing to events and such. Even had a personal invite to Grand Rapids and failed... I'll bring deviled eggs to the tune of 3 cartons... Guess I need to change my oil today!

Hailstorm
07-20-2014, 07:10 PM
I will bring two trays of sweets from Sams club. Always get emptied at partys.

How does the swap table thing work? I have a bunch of stuff I don't use. We all probly do.

mikeb32
07-20-2014, 07:49 PM
I will bring two trays of sweets from Sams club. Always get emptied at partys.

How does the swap table thing work? I have a bunch of stuff I don't use. We all probly do.

Everybody loves sweets!!!!

Normally everyone just sort of grabs a table , after meeting is done, and just puts their stuff out for viewing.

Hailstorm
07-20-2014, 08:21 PM
Cool. Thankyou

SeeTee
07-20-2014, 10:13 PM
The Swap, OK let's do it ,

Just a few comments and guidelines;

We will set up Swap area, it will not be determined until the day of the event exactly where, there are two most likely area's to set up, but we will figure out what works best when we get there.

If you have a table you can bring for your stuff it would help, if not there should be some tables we can use.

Let's not make it a flea-market, keep it Gun / Hunting / Shooting sports related.

Keep in mind MGO will not be responsible / held libel for items you put out on the table, so be prepared to be able to secure it some way or stay by it to keep an eye on it.

Should be easy and simple, try to keep it to a table each, looks to be 5 or 6 will have tables.

MetalKing
07-21-2014, 03:36 AM
What is the definition of "work party" under membership duties. Is this like 1hr of community service?

SeeTee
07-21-2014, 12:00 PM
What is the definition of "work party" under membership duties. Is this like 1hr of community service?

No, did you read the 16 page list of servitude / work duties for the first year? j/k ;).

Seriously though where did you read that?

erict
07-21-2014, 06:21 PM
No, did you read the 16 page list of servitude / work duties for the first year? j/k ;).

Seriously though where did you read that?

Under membership at the Post46 website. Each work party consists of 4hr's of work duty at the club.

joelansing
07-21-2014, 07:57 PM
WTF is Asian Slaw? I might show up with my asian wife and 2 little ones (all with hearing protection). If I go at this late date we'll bring enough grub to help out the catering. My wife cooks well. Chicken Lollipops, or maybe a big gun cake or something. Nevermind, I used Google for Asian Slaw. Pancit is way better :)
- Joe

criminalhate
07-21-2014, 08:32 PM
Under membership at the Post46 website. Each work party consists of 4hr's of work duty at the club.

That's for Post46 club members. MGO is "renting" the space (I don't know if we pay for it or not). So no you won't be there to work.

mikeb32
07-22-2014, 12:51 AM
That's for Post46 club members. MGO is "renting" the space (I don't know if we pay for it or not). So no you won't be there to work.

We definitively payed for it!!

chosos
07-22-2014, 09:00 AM
So since I've never been to one of these... Generally, what do people end up bringing? A truckload of firearms to show off? Just a pistol to shoot? Does everyone typically OC their fanciest show piece? lol.

dragonGTR
07-22-2014, 09:05 AM
First you have to OC at least 1 handgun and every long gun you own. Second, if you aren't wearing camo you loose points. Third, the only thing that really matters is you come to be safe, have fun, and keep the organization on the right track. Bring what you are comfortable with and have a great attitude.

dmd7765
07-22-2014, 09:18 AM
First you have to OC at least 1 handgun and every long gun you own. Second, if you aren't wearing camo you loose points. Third, the only thing that really matters is you come to be safe, have fun, and keep the organization on the right track. Bring what you are comfortable with and have a great attitude.

Gary (dragonGTR) is going to be showing off his finest by open carrying a Hi Point!! So watch out.

dragonGTR
07-22-2014, 09:20 AM
Gary (dragonGTR) is going to be showing off his finest by open carrying a Hi Point!! So watch out.
That's a particularly fine firearm backed by a great warranty and an American company..... might be to expensive to let out of the safe though.

Ruger
07-22-2014, 09:21 AM
Essential items to take to Post46 for the annual membership meeting:

1. Sun screen
2. Bug dope
3. Lots of water
4. Comfortable seating
5. Your membership card
6. Baby wipes (nothing like a fresh baby wipe when you need it)
7. Swap meet Swag
8. Cigars (it's nice to share a good cigar with good friends)
9. D.A.R.K.
10. Yeti repellent

Feel free to add to the list.

dmd7765
07-22-2014, 09:25 AM
Cool Ruger is bring me a cigar, maybe I can borrow his Yeti Repellent

mikeb32
07-22-2014, 09:27 AM
Cool Ruger is bring me a cigar, maybe I can borrow his Yeti Repellent

I will bring the water

dougwg
07-22-2014, 09:30 AM
There is no Yeti Repellent ....but we have found that if you throw a bottle of bourbon a few cigars and an asian chick over into the bushes, it'll give others time to get away.

Pyzik
07-22-2014, 09:59 AM
^^LOL.

I think its supposed to rain (again) this year, so appropriate attire/gear.

chosos
07-22-2014, 12:37 PM
I guess I need to find my membership card. I hope I still have it somewhere

dramey82
07-22-2014, 12:44 PM
Essential items to take to Post46 for the annual membership meeting:

1. Sun screen
2. Bug dope
3. Lots of water
4. Comfortable seating
5. Your membership card
6. Baby wipes (nothing like a fresh baby wipe when you need it)
7. Swap meet Swag
8. Cigars (it's nice to share a good cigar with good friends)
9. D.A.R.K.
10. Yeti repellent

Feel free to add to the list.

11. Camera
Need lots of pictures!!

How about setting up a boxing ring? from what I've been reading in some of these threads we might as well get out all of the hurt feelings and animosity, so maybe a video camera would be best. :boxing: :razz:

dragonGTR
07-22-2014, 12:48 PM
SIMUNITION

Pyzik
07-22-2014, 12:56 PM
I planned on bringing my camera and tripod

jolari
07-22-2014, 07:18 PM
For the swap I'll be bringing;
polished brass that I don't use, 8mm Mauser, .40, .380, .303, 308, .35 Rem, .30-30, .30-40 Krag
7mm 175gr and 140gr soft point boat tail projectiles, .457 300gr JHP projectiles, .25 cal 86gr lead projectiles
1# of FFg black powder, left over 571 powder (free)
NIB Pro Series King Kong Hang On tree stand
and anything else I can find. So bring your money and let's make a deal!!

Magnum Man
07-22-2014, 08:22 PM
For the swap I'll be bringing;
polished brass that I don't use, 8mm Mauser, .40, .380, .303, 308, .35 Rem, .30-30, .30-40 Krag
7mm 175gr and 140gr soft point boat tail projectiles, .457 300gr JHP projectiles, .25 cal 86gr lead projectiles
1# of FFg black powder, left over 571 powder (free)
NIB Pro Series King Kong Hang On tree stand
and anything else I can find. So bring your money and let's make a deal!!

How many .35 Remington brass do you have?

Hailstorm
07-22-2014, 09:06 PM
I am bringing a +1 son wishes to come. When I said shooting. lol Wasn't sure if he was working.

jolari interest in the 308 brass. So, I will keep an eye out. I will have a bag of things to sell as well.

jolari
07-22-2014, 09:48 PM
How many .35 Remington brass do you have?
33 pcs primed and 16 pcs with spent primers

SpartyME
07-23-2014, 08:49 AM
Can't wait! Bringing my brother so far; waiting for a few guys to find out work situations.

ETA: bringing pasta salad

_Shife_
07-23-2014, 10:46 AM
I would have liked to have attended this. I just got back into town and will be heading out again on Friday.

Draken
07-23-2014, 11:16 AM
Speaking of the swap...anyone need any .45 auto rim? I have some already primed...might even have some loaded, will have to check, but know i have some empty cases.

Kaeto
07-23-2014, 03:02 PM
You would catch me when I'm broke. I use .45 Auto Rim in my Webley Mk VI.

Hailstorm
07-23-2014, 06:51 PM
Anyone bringing firearms to deal? I was thinking of a couple beaters I have.

partdeux
07-23-2014, 07:25 PM
Anyone bringing firearms to deal? I was thinking of a couple beaters I have.

Great marketing technique :)

RSF
07-24-2014, 12:52 AM
guys please recall we have a 5mph speed limit at the club and there will be many campers and boaters and kids around drive slow
thank you

you know i have asked a few times now about having the club added to the forum

G22
07-24-2014, 07:03 AM
guys please recall we have a 5mph speed limit at the club and there will be many campers and boaters and kids around drive slow
thank you

you know i have asked a few times now about having the club added to the forum

Steve, I think all that is required is listed at the bottom:
http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?174600-MGO-Affiliation-Policy-and-Procedure&highlight=affiliate%20benefits

Club website address, club logo in high resolution, a copy of the club bylaws and the name of the person they have chosen as a Moderator for the club forum area.

SpartyME
07-24-2014, 10:39 AM
Will there be any of the MGO store goods for sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmd7765
07-24-2014, 10:49 AM
Yes

RSF
07-24-2014, 02:46 PM
Steve, I think all that is required is listed at the bottom:
http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?174600-MGO-Affiliation-Policy-and-Procedure&highlight=affiliate%20benefits

ok ill get on it

G22
07-24-2014, 06:48 PM
ok ill get on it

Cool beans.

I've been to Post 46 and used the range last year. I've read the website including the bylaws. It's a nice set up you have there for sure.

Hailstorm
07-24-2014, 07:41 PM
Range rules? Mag limits? Controled rapid fire?

MJ0865
07-24-2014, 07:42 PM
Is there a parking lot at Post 46? I've only seen a few areas to park near the clubhouse, or are we all parking near the ranges?

SeeTee
07-24-2014, 08:03 PM
Range rules, yes we have them, there will be a safety briefing before the fun shoot, by tedalton, (Tom) he is in charge of the range and the RSO's and will set the rules, in general anything safe is good to go, but Tom will spell it out for all of us.

Parking we will have something organized up when we get there, there should be someone to tell everyone where to go.

And as RSF ( if you don't know the Yeti, he is the president of the club ) said, please drive carefully, this is a club & recreation area and we will not be the only ones there, be considerate of others using the facility's.

SeeTee
07-24-2014, 09:29 PM
Last minute reminders and notes

Voting MGO members please bring your membership card with you, it really helps out the election committee, looks like they will have a lot of work to do this year!!

Please stop at the check in table and sign in.
Everybody who responded to the poll will have a pre -printed name tag with their screen name on it, please add your first name at least, last name is up to you, also if you have guests with you please have them sign in and fill out a name tag, we will have blank guest name tags on the table.

We will have the MGO banner at the entrance to Post 46, it will be on your right coming from the south, it will be easy to spot.

Please re-read the op in this thread before you head out to the picnic, just in case we need to make some last minute updates.

We can still use some volunteers for misc. tasks, send me a pm if you are willing to help out.

Also if there is anybody who can bring a Dynamic Microphone or two (high impedance, 1/4 phone jack ) or a lo impedance mic. might do I do have a hi to lo adapter. If you can help with this please pm me.

Kaeto
07-24-2014, 10:52 PM
And this year if there is someone next to you working with black powder. DON'T rapid fire your pistol showering them with hot brass while laughing about it. I didn't appreciate that last year.

Hailstorm
07-25-2014, 11:40 AM
That is a problem. Because it is one of two things. First, it could be the person didn't have the for thought to understand he is showering someone with brass. Which is almost as important as what you are shooting. Or second. This person knowingly did this to be funny on the range. Reguardless if you're shooting black powder or not. It is a crappy thing to do. We are supposed to respect each other. Because if we can't do that for ourselves. How can we stand together against a common foe. I'm not saying we need to sit around a camp fire singing. But, if God forbid. We are stuck in a fox hole together. Things won't end well.

Kaeto
07-25-2014, 12:08 PM
They knew they were doing it. I complained to them after the first few rounds. They then proceeded to go through about 5, 15 round magazines showering me with brass.

Hailstorm
07-25-2014, 12:20 PM
I will load my 100 round drum for my AR. If you see them this year. You just let me know.

tedalton
07-25-2014, 12:38 PM
Kaeto, I will be addressing that in the safety brief.

dragonGTR
07-25-2014, 12:55 PM
Anyone else looking forward to getting away from the day to day bs and fondling guns tomorrow?

SeeTee
07-25-2014, 01:06 PM
Anyone else looking forward to getting away from the day to day bs and fondling guns tomorrow?

:yeahthat:

And put Kaeto on the left end of the firing line, no left side ejecting guns allowed!!! :hide: ;)

Kaeto
07-25-2014, 01:20 PM
This year I'm only bringing my revolvers for BP. Am also bringing a Enfield No 4 Mk 1, an Enfield Mk VI, and a Turkish K Kale Mauser.

7.62 Nato
07-25-2014, 01:55 PM
I'll try attending but am still unsure. If I make it I'll be bringing mostly pistol caliber carbines in 9mm, 40 S&W, .45 ACP, and .22 magnum. I'l have some ammo for each.

mikeb32
07-25-2014, 02:07 PM
I'll try attending but am still unsure. If I make it I'll be bringing mostly pistol caliber carbines in 9mm, 40 S&W, .45 ACP, and .22 magnum. I'l have some ammo for each.

Hope you can make it out, Young Man!!

Ruger
07-25-2014, 02:43 PM
Best wishes and best of luck to all the candidates. Have a safe day MGO'rs.

DV8r
07-25-2014, 03:04 PM
You all have a GREAT time!
Wish I could be there but I have more pressing matters this year with one of the Ministries (http://www.redemption-riders.org/wmc-rides.html) largest fundraiser rides (http://barnabasmin.org/new/wp-content/uploads/2014RFR.jpg) happening on the West Coast.
Hopefully it will work for next year.

7.62 Nato
07-25-2014, 03:29 PM
Hope you can make it out, Young Man!!

Looks like family has decided I have better things to do in their free time.

slolane
07-25-2014, 03:47 PM
Slolane and Hotshoe will be there with a dish to pass

mikeb32
07-25-2014, 03:48 PM
Make sure you come up and introduce yourselves!

50 BMG
07-25-2014, 04:18 PM
How long is the range there?
Should I bring a .50BMG rifle?
;-)

MJ0865
07-25-2014, 07:20 PM
Yes

tedalton
07-25-2014, 07:32 PM
The max distance on the range is 150yds, and yes feel free to bring a .50.

Hailstorm
07-25-2014, 08:27 PM
I just forget I needed to run to grab sweets. Son of a gun. Well, Meijers is still open.

I will be bringing a old beater revolver and a beater SKS to put on a table. Plus half a car load of other stuff. I will donate 25% of the take to MGO. So, bring some money or something to barter. lol

Then, bust out the PSL, AK74,AR and a .38 Smith.

Ok, I have mini cup cakes and a lot of cookies.

Mr. Waverly
07-25-2014, 10:01 PM
I really wish I was able to attend, just to meet the MGO gang, if nothing else. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on one's perspective), I will be conducting a home visit for a potential Greyhound adoption tomorrow afternoon, which typically takes a minimum of two - three hours, when done properly, plus drive time from Lansing. I will miss out on this particular MGO event, but I know there will be more coming up. On the other hand, I have the opportunity to help a retired Greyhound become the newest member of an adoptive family - and this is a case where everybody wins, and - I know this may sound blasphemes - I would really rather see a happy Greyhound in their new home than sit around with a bunch of old geezers like telling stories about the way things used to be when we were young; you know, walking through freezing snow storms two miles up hill just to get to school and back home, having to eat bean-flavored stone soup for dinner most every day, and going hunting with our trusty .22 and bagging a bear for the family Sunday dinner. And if we were really lucky, we take a moose on the first shot of that .22.

I do hope everyone has fun tomorrow, and the rain holds off. If someone has the time and the where-with-all, I would appreciate someone punching holes in a target for me. A few bulls eyes would be great, especially since I can't seem to do it on my own.

Mr. Waverly

jolari
07-25-2014, 11:30 PM
Looking forward to shooting my new Rossi 92 in .357 for the first time and putting a few rounds through the M1 carbine. See you all in a few hours!

dougwg
07-26-2014, 12:49 AM
If anyone was concerned about Jeff Lafave attending the annual meeting rest assured he will not be there.

Come on out and have some fun.

TomServo434
07-26-2014, 02:04 AM
If anyone was concerned about Jeff Lafave attending the annual meeting rest assured he will not be there.

Once the dust settles (there sure was a lot of it) and board chairs are thoroughly warmed by new butts, we can get back to the basics. Pamphlet passing, booth manning, and other boots on the ground situations. I found out about MGO last year when it came time to part ways with an AR. I stuck around after that, and went to a board meeting having no idea what was going on and gave SeeTee a filled out membership form and a couple bucks. Since then, I've worked the booth at Outdoorama and Novi GS, right next to some of the guys who are running for BOD chairs. They know things have been messed up lately, but they have the passion and drive to adjust and prevail. Their butts will be in chairs, but their boots will also be on the ground!

Good luck to all the candidates today, and I will see all you other folks at the polls in a few hours. Also thank you to all the show/booth volunteers (two more Novi GS dates announced with spots open).

-Tim

*PS* - it's also my wife's birthday today, so were definitely hoping to have some fun

CircuitRider
07-26-2014, 05:13 AM

Nice shot!

Magnum Man
07-26-2014, 05:51 AM
I wish I could join everyone today but our club is hosting a trap shoot/ fundraiser for a candidate for judge of the local circuit court. A wise man told me it was more important to help a pro-gun, NRA member get elected to the bench. My absentee ballot has been sent and recieved. I will be anxiously awaiting the election results. Have fun and be safe.

RogueLeader
07-26-2014, 06:21 AM
Was never concerned about Jeff attending.

However, assuming the Ha-ha post is real and/or if that is even Jeff using the account, I am starting to find this situation a bit annoying and possibly childish; and another black-eye for MGO.

Ironically, I have been fence sitting on whether or not I will renew, with what happens at meeting today probably being the deciding factor. However, I have just aboout grown tired of this silliness and it does nothing to make me want to become more active.

Last second entry into the election. Special handling by having his account reactivated. The lame phoenix garbage and punish me by electing whining. And then, the Ha-ha crap. I normally stay away from the conspiracy crap, but no matter how this turd gets cut, it still stinks.

Congrats Jeff. I have been able to mostly ignore your antics til now, but in the end, you still made most of this about you. How sad.

SeeTee
07-26-2014, 06:26 AM
Heading out! See you all there!!!

partdeux
07-26-2014, 06:33 AM
you guys are killing me... not only did I want to see post 46 as I've been looking to join a club with a rifle range, but it would have been great seeing everybody again!

Mother in Law is expected to pass in the next few hours and being a grown up with responsibilities sucks sometimes.

Absentee ballot is sent and received!

dmd7765
07-26-2014, 06:57 AM
Once the dust settles (there sure was a lot of it) and board chairs are thoroughly warmed by new butts, we can get back to the basics. Pamphlet passing, booth manning, and other boots on the ground situations. I found out about MGO last year when it came time to part ways with an AR. I stuck around after that, and went to a board meeting having no idea what was going on and gave SeeTee a filled out membership form and a couple bucks. Since then, I've worked the booth at Outdoorama and Novi GS, right next to some of the guys who are running for BOD chairs. They know things have been messed up lately, but they have the passion and drive to adjust and prevail. Their butts will be in chairs, but their boots will also be on the ground!

Good luck to all the candidates today, and I will see all you other folks at the polls in a few hours. Also thank you to all the show/booth volunteers (two more Novi GS dates announced with spots open).

-Tim

*PS* - it's also my wife's birthday today, so were definitely hoping to have some fun
Is your wife also attending??

TomServo434
07-26-2014, 07:41 AM
She sure is!

dragonGTR
07-26-2014, 08:03 AM

However, assuming the Ha-ha post is real and/or if that is even Jeff using the account, I am starting to find this situation a bit annoying and possibly childish; and another black-eye for MGO.

Ironically, I have been fence sitting on whether or not I will renew, with what happens at meeting today probably being the deciding factor. However, I have just aboout grown tired of this silliness and it does nothing to make me want to become more active.

Last second entry into the election. Special handling by having his account reactivated. The lame phoenix garbage and punish me by electing whining. And then, the Ha-ha crap. I normally stay away from the conspiracy crap, but no matter how this turd gets cut, it still stinks.

Congrats Jeff. I have been able to mostly ignore your antics til now, but in the end, you still made most of this about you. How sad.
If elected to the board I will work to make sure this BS doesn't go on. It is disgraceful.

dragonGTR
07-26-2014, 08:10 AM

If elected to the board I will work to make sure this BS doesn't go on. It is disgraceful.

dragonGTR
07-26-2014, 08:11 AM
Damn phone double posting.

Magnum Man
07-26-2014, 08:27 AM
Would someone be so kind to post the election results when they become available?

dougwg
07-26-2014, 09:44 AM
Damn phone double posting.

It was worth 2 posts

CircuitRider
07-26-2014, 10:21 AM
you guys are killing me... not only did I want to see post 46 as I've been looking to join a club with a rifle range, but it would have been great seeing everybody again!

Mother in Law is expected to pass in the next few hours and being a grown up with responsibilities sucks sometimes.

Absentee ballot is sent and received!
Our prayers are with you.

partdeux
07-26-2014, 12:19 PM
it sure was :)

travisthared
07-26-2014, 04:42 PM
The meeting/lunch/election/meet & greet was great. The food was good and I had a good time. Looking forward to future events and volunteer opportunities. Nice work gentlemen. Also congrats to the newly elected bod members.

RogueLeader
07-26-2014, 04:47 PM
Yeah, it was nice. Weather wasn't bad; just need better seats.

And the food was great(and a lot of it). Next time, I have having more of the BBQ chicken and skipping the burger.

Was also nice to meat some of the people from the boards and to be able to exercise my responsibility to vote.

Here is hoping we quickly turn a corner(though I think the BOD has done a good considering what has happened since last year), clean up an outstanding issue, and move to bigger and better things.

CircuitRider
07-26-2014, 04:55 PM
Yeah, it was nice. Weather wasn't bad; just need better seats.

And the food was great(and a lot of it). Next time, I have having more of the BBQ chicken and skipping the burger.

Was also nice to meat some of the people from the boards and to be able to exercise my responsibility to vote.

Here is hoping we quickly turn a corner(though I think the BOD has done a good considering what has happened since last year), clean up an outstanding issue, and move to bigger and better things.
:yeahthat:
I brought my own padding. ;-)

Fuzzbutt
07-26-2014, 08:25 PM
That was a very good meeting in my opinion.

Location was great. Food was very tasty. The company was outstanding.

Thanks for a great day with friends and like minded people. Can't wait till next year.

**Next meeting someone needs to tell Carl that we can't hear others speak when he is chatting it up in the back row** Just kidding... maybe.

Thanks to everyone who put the work into making this a good meeting. It was effort that was well appreciated.

G36 Shooter
07-27-2014, 06:04 AM
My wife and I had a great time with fellow gun owners. The food was great, and I became a dues paying member. Thanks to all.

slolane
07-27-2014, 06:41 AM
The wife and I had a great time it was worth the long drive. The food and company were outstanding thank you everyone.

mikeb32
07-27-2014, 08:09 AM
The wife and I had a great time it was worth the long drive. The food and company were outstanding thank you everyone.

It was nice meeting you and the wife. I look forward to seeing you both at more events.

Pity7700
07-27-2014, 10:22 AM
Glad I attended! was good meeting everyone.

dougwg
07-28-2014, 08:56 AM
First shots

dmd7765
07-28-2014, 09:03 AM
Nice!!

mikeb32
07-28-2014, 09:11 AM
Hes a great kid, Him and I had a good conversation Saturday.....We were talking about his Dad!! :poke:

G22
07-28-2014, 09:20 AM
First shots

That's awesome Doug! I knew he could do it. Chip off the ol block!!

Pyzik
07-28-2014, 09:24 AM
Pretty soon he'll be asking how to get the rifle in the CNC to mill it out for an RMR.

Draken
07-28-2014, 09:24 AM
Had a great time, was a good meeting and glad I got to meet and talk to several of you! Already looking forward to next year, as the wife and kid should be joining (due in oct)

mikeb32
07-28-2014, 09:26 AM
Had a great time, was a good meeting and glad I got to meet and talk to several of you! Already looking forward to next year, as the wife and kid should be joining (due in oct)

Glad to finally get to meet you too, Josh.........Thanks for making the drive over from KZoo

SeeTee
07-28-2014, 10:15 AM
Ok Picture time!!

The new MGO Board of Directors, L to R, tedalton , Pizik (V.President), DragonGTR ( Secretary ), oldschoolford427, MikeB32 (President) dmd7765 (Treasurer) & Kilt Guy, Congratulations to you all, Thanks for stepping up to Help MGO!

http://i59.tinypic.com/jgmgcj.jpg

Members & Guests, over 70 attended, but I could not get them all in the pictures!

http://i58.tinypic.com/20kok6a.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/309mt7n.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/2vakwtx.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/2ih46cg.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/1znleu0.jpg

Small portion of the food, before fully set up.

http://i61.tinypic.com/x2883p.jpg

Range Time!

MGO'S Honey connection foreground on the left, at the firing line right, tedalton helping dellingrm14 sight in a new 30-06

http://i60.tinypic.com/29dkahv.jpg

Still working it

http://i57.tinypic.com/2qcl3m9.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/mv18k7.jpg

Getting close

http://i62.tinypic.com/ae15sh.jpg

Looks like Success!!

http://i61.tinypic.com/o8wg1g.jpg

Some guns

http://i62.tinypic.com/k9ynpc.jpg

Shooter's!
elwarpo
http://i59.tinypic.com/2cqfkth.jpg

jolari, making hanging chad's

http://i59.tinypic.com/104jamd.jpg

Can you count the number of RSO's ?-one safe range!

http://i57.tinypic.com/2817xpu.jpg

More shooter's

http://i58.tinypic.com/2ng9940.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/s49x1z.jpg

Dad & instructor, with the newest, youngest MGO shooter!

http://i62.tinypic.com/2nt2d3.jpg

mikeb32
07-28-2014, 10:31 AM
Nice Job Carl!!!

tedalton
07-28-2014, 10:32 AM
More shooter's

http://i58.tinypic.com/2ng9940.jpg

See, Doug warned everyone Yeti repellant wouldn't work.

tedalton
07-28-2014, 10:33 AM
Double

SeeTee
07-28-2014, 11:31 AM
Who knew the Yeti could walk amongst us and hide in plain sight!

It sure was a fun time for me, I would rank Post 46 the best place in the 6 years I have been to the annual picnic! Thank you Post 46!

Best thing was the turn out of members & guests, over 70 attended, 88 voted, the best so far, but I hope we can do even better next year, the e-blast and annoying pop-up's ;) did help get the word out and make a difference!
Oh, the no shows who RSVP'd I know who you are!

I hope the first timers to a MGO event had a good time and also got to see and be a part of MGO that you will never get from the forum, what are the rest of you waiting for? attend a MGO event near or far from you soon!

It was great to meet and put names with faces and talk with members, Alex, Chad, the Lane's, to name a few, I wish I had more time, sorry I missed a number of people, time seems to go by too fast!

Again a BIG thanks to all the people seen working and behind the scene's putting in their effort, large and small into making it all happen, I could not list all the names, but you know who you are, and know your help was appreciated!

And for the record, I swore I heard an adjournment to the meeting! hey I did offer a PA for the board to use!

Jackam
07-28-2014, 12:02 PM
70 attended, 88 voted, the best so far,

What is this, Chicago? :D

dmd7765
07-28-2014, 12:13 PM

It sure was a fun time for me, I would rank Post 46 the best place in the 6 years I have been to the annual picnic! Thank you Post 46!

Best thing was the turn out of members & guests, over 70 attended, 88 voted, the best so far, but I hope we can do even better next year, the e-blast and annoying pop-up's ;) did help get the word out and make a difference!
Oh, the no shows who RSVP'd I know who you are!

I hope the first timers to a MGO event had a good time and also got to see and be a part of MGO that you will never get from the forum, what are the rest of you waiting for? attend a MGO event near or far from you soon!

It was great to meet and put names with faces and talk with members, Alex, Chad, the Lane's, to name a few, I wish I had more time, sorry I missed a number of people, time seems to go by too fast!

Again a BIG thanks to all the people seen working and behind the scene's putting in their effort, large and small into making it all happen, I could not list all the names, but you know who you are, and know your help was appreciated!

And for the record, I swore I heard an adjournment to the meeting! hey I did offer a PA for the board to use!

Never saw this mystery PA system!! You think it would have been brought out

7.62 Nato
07-28-2014, 12:22 PM
Looks like a good turnout and fun for all. Wish I had made it. Can always rely on family to screw things up.

Hailstorm
07-28-2014, 08:09 PM
Was very nice to be out again. I have not been to any rally or meeting since the early 90's when all this was formed. I wish all the groups could get along and work together. Some day. Until then. This group is my favorite.

Pyzik
07-28-2014, 08:14 PM
I'm sorry I forgot who you were... Who was in the blue shirt, RSOing? RMR'd, NiB'd Glock 17.

Hailstorm
07-28-2014, 08:23 PM
I had brought my son Phil with me. I shot a AR with a drum and a PSL. I had a shirt with the Eagle on it.

Pyzik
07-28-2014, 08:28 PM
This guy. Bright blue shirt.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/29/tyjapeza.jpg

Hailstorm
07-28-2014, 08:33 PM
Yep, we talked a bit at the table.

tedalton
07-28-2014, 08:33 PM
Dave, that would be cocowheats.

Pyzik
07-28-2014, 08:37 PM
Well, how'd I not catch that? I thought someone else I talked to was cocowheats... Crap. Now I don't know who the other person is. :D

Hailstorm
07-28-2014, 08:44 PM
That was his wife as well correct?

AleksanderSuave
08-03-2014, 06:14 PM

If you mean Steve, I spotted him on the rifle range about an hour after I started shooting.

Hard to miss a guy of his grace and elegance.

Maranatha
08-03-2014, 06:29 PM
Hard to miss a guy of his grace and elegance.

or that blocks out the sun