PDA

View Full Version : 2 Pistol Safe options

derrabe
05-16-2014, 10:47 AM
I am looking for a safe that hold 2 full size pistols and be mountable or sit on counter top. I would prefer rfid accessible. I really like the new hornady safe but I need two pistol storage instead of one. I am also open to wall safes if they can be quickly accessed so no spin dials or 9 button options. I want it for quick emergency access, I don't really like the 4 button safes (too simplistic for code guessing) the 9 button safes are too much effort in a panic situation. And all the Bio-metric safes I have looked at the reviews say that the finger print readers are not very reliable. So I am looking at the rfid options. Does anyone know of a 2 gun counter top rfid safe out there? I will also entertain other ideas, but my biggest concern is my 5 year old and his inquisitive mind. So I want to make sure it only accessible by those I want to access it. I have even looked at some of the concealable furniture but the dont have a locking mechanism that I could find.

XG8
06-04-2014, 08:08 AM
I use a FT knox pistol box. I myself have young ones and understand your concerns regarding proper access. It utilizes the 5 Button simplex lock. And the buttons have to be pushed in a proper sequence in order to be opened. The moment one of the buttons is mispushed, the code cannot be reset until the dial is turned counter clockwise. Fits my FNS9 and 45 Tactical easily with room for 2 more.

As for your RFID scanning option, the only company I have seen that makes one is The Gunbox http://www.thegunbox.com/product.php. It's pretty cool watching the video and how it operates. It is expensive, but a good option for the RFID access. Being in IT I like the idea, I just wish it was a bigger box. It looks like they only offer a single storage option at this time.

blufish312
03-22-2015, 10:40 PM
I'm using a Viking safe on my nightstand. Reads fingerprints, of which I think you can register like 100. Would easily hold a couple of handguns.
http://www.armsbearingcitizen.com/viking-biometric-safe-vs-35bm-review/