PDA

View Full Version : Appleseed Mental Health Day

Garymac
06-10-2014, 08:37 AM
Hey, we realize June is a busy month for many people. Here is a unique chance to come out and try Appleseed on a Friday. If you work on the weekends or can't do a Saturday or Sunday because of religious reasons, graduation parties, weddings, etc, we are holding a special Friday-Saturday Appleseed on June 27-28 in Lapeer. Lapeer is a great venue with covered shooting lines, nice bathrooms and clubhouse facilities.

Typically, Appleseed is a two day event.

Can't do both days? PM me and I will tell you how to do one day.

Most of the heavy instruction is done on day 1 so that is the best day to attend which in this case is Friday June 27.

Hey, it's a FRIDAY, time to do Appleseed ;)

This is a .22 lr event only. Don't have a suitable rifle, I have loaners at no cost.

AMMO IS AVAILABLE AT COST

Info-Register here
http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=62&id_event=2482

Garymac
06-10-2014, 08:42 AM
Don't miss this one

ncs
06-10-2014, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the reminder Mac, I just signed up. I'll second the nice facility at Lapeer, it's a quick trip up 24 to get there for me.
I attended last year for the first time and with the one-on-one instruction my shooting improved 100% the first day, I made Rifleman the second. Going to try open sights this year.

Garymac
06-18-2014, 06:54 AM
Thanks NCS.

For the rest of you...With June being so busy with Graduations parties, weddings etc, here is a good way to do Appleseed without missing that other stuff.

Take Friday off and come out to Lapeer for Appleseed. Renew your perspective. Relax, hear some cool history, do some shooting. It's good for what ails ya.

Particularly those who can't shoot on Sunday or Saturdays. Come do Friday and then come back at some other time and do the second day (either Saturday or Sunday).

BTW, I have 22 ammo available at pre panic prices, just for appleseeders. I can hook you up.

Corpsie
06-25-2014, 03:01 PM
Guess who is going? This guy :)

I don't have the Design Contest 10/22 for you to autograph though :(

Roundballer
06-25-2014, 04:33 PM
Are you going to be there both days?

Corpsie
06-25-2014, 05:49 PM
Are you going to be there both days?

Most likely since I paid for both. LOL

Roundballer
06-26-2014, 10:51 AM
Most likely since I paid for both. LOL
I don't have prior knowledge of who signed up for what. I know that Garymac is going to be there Friday, I am not sure about Saturday. I have committed to Saturday, I don't know about Friday.

Corpsie
06-26-2014, 01:55 PM
I hope you're not looking forward to laughing at my horrible technique ;)

Roundballer
06-26-2014, 02:39 PM
Not my function there, I do something else.

And learning about several different things is what Appleseed is all about. You can make things better if you go in with an open mind, and a teachable attitude.

Corpsie
06-27-2014, 07:00 AM
I'm completely open to learning. I have never been formally taught.

Garymac
06-28-2014, 09:56 PM
Thanks to Corpsie and NCS for coming out to Appleseed for a good couple days of marksmanship and history. It was a pleasure working with you both.

ncs
06-29-2014, 08:47 AM
Thanks Mac, good to meet you Corpsie and the other MGO members. It was a great shoot with some fascinating history.

All MGO’ers should get an Appleseed on their calendar. I’ve been shooting for 30 years and came away with dramatically improved shooting skills that translate into much better shooting from target to 3 gun. You get one on one instruction and .22 ammo is available at the shoots.

Corpsie
06-29-2014, 10:36 AM
I definitely learned a lot and had fun. I would recommend it to everyone. Make sure you have a GI sling or rifle capable of attaching one as the instructions revolve around its use.

I'll be going again when the temperature drops below 60. I'm definitely not made for hot weather.