PDA

View Full Version : I need a Scope and flip ups sighted in.

alwayslooking
06-10-2014, 10:31 AM
Done.

alwayslooking
06-10-2014, 10:34 AM

MI-1911
06-10-2014, 10:37 AM
It might be set up ok. Watch this video, then take another look, and see if it makes sense, or if you still think things are not correct.

CoWitness Explained - by Dimitri With Primary Arms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogX-cIx9hpk

Draken
06-10-2014, 10:42 AM
I will be in Utica tomorrow night, could possibly stop by and take a quick look at it.

denniscoon@aol.c
06-10-2014, 11:05 AM
I don't think you will see your front sight, as the scope is mounted above the iron sights.

chosos
06-10-2014, 11:07 AM
can you post a picture for us of what you're talking about?

If your scope is more than 1x power, you might not see a front sight. You would have to sight this in twice - once for the sight and once for the BUIS. If it is a good QD mount, it should hold pretty close to zero after re-installation. If it is a red dot, what you describe would be co-wittnessing. If you want it co-witnessed, that is a different issue.

What shop did you take it to?

alwayslooking
06-10-2014, 06:05 PM

alwayslooking
06-10-2014, 06:09 PM
I will be in Utica tomorrow night, could possibly stop by and take a quick look at it.

That would be great, but how will you set it up in my garage. Or are you just checking to see what they did?

alwayslooking
06-10-2014, 06:11 PM
can you post a picture for us of what you're talking about?

If your scope is more than 1x power, you might not see a front sight. You would have to sight this in twice - once for the sight and once for the BUIS. If it is a good QD mount, it should hold pretty close to zero after re-installation. If it is a red dot, what you describe would be co-wittnessing. If you want it co-witnessed, that is a different issue.

What shop did you take it to?

Can't get it to load a picture, but I had a guy at michigun do it. Took a whole 3 minutes, just don't think it's done right.

wsr
06-10-2014, 07:06 PM
Can't get it to load a picture, but I had a guy at michigun do it. Took a whole 3 minutes, just don't think it's done right.

he just bore sighted it so you can get it on paper the rest is up to you...you need to go to a range and actually shoot it and adjust the sights and the scope independently

alwayslooking
06-10-2014, 08:12 PM
he just bore sighted it so you can get it on paper the rest is up to you...you need to go to a range and actually shoot it and adjust the sights and the scope independently

Know of anyone with property to shoot at once in a while? I'm disable with a broken back, wear a big back brace, can't drive too far and wouldn't be going very often or staying long when I do go. My body won't let me. I'm 39 but feel 79 yrs old. Have had 6 going onto #7 surgeries in 2 years time. I would clean up targets and brass if needed. Don't want to join a club somewhere and not go but a handful of times. But want to shoot gun before too many surgeries don't allow me to and have to sell off rifle.

wsr
06-10-2014, 08:22 PM
Know of anyone with property to shoot at once in a while? I'm disable with a broken back, wear a big back brace, can't drive too far and wouldn't be going very often or staying long when I do go. My body won't let me. I'm 39 but feel 79 yrs old. Have had 6 going onto #7 surgeries in 2 years time. I would clean up targets and brass if needed. Don't want to join a club somewhere and not go but a handful of times. But want to shoot gun before too many surgeries don't allow me to and have to sell off rifle.

You don't have to join a club...there are private ranges and DNR ranges that you just pay for each visit, one of these would be better than private property they have benches to shoot from and target stands already built which would probably make your trip more enjoyable given your physical condition.

click on the county you want info on
http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-153-10363_56074-131193--,00.html

alwayslooking
06-10-2014, 10:38 PM
You don't have to join a club...there are private ranges and DNR ranges that you just pay for each visit, one of these would be better than private property they have benches to shoot from and target stands already built which would probably make your trip more enjoyable given your physical condition.

click on the county you want info on
http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-153-10363_56074-131193--,00.html

Thank you, I looked - but nothing near me that's not a private club, non of the public ones have a range... have to find someone.

CircuitRider
06-11-2014, 06:16 AM
Since I don't see a picture of your rifle and set-up, I have to go with the information that you've posted. I have never had a rifle that you could see the front sight through the scope. You sight your target into the crosshairs of the scope when using a scope and without the scope, you use the iron sights. Bore sighting (which it sounds like Michi-Gun did) is quick and simply gets you on paper. From then on you have to "fine tune" scope and sights the rest of the way. Wish that I could help beyond information but you're too far away to take a ride into the Thumb to go beyond the bore sight with me.

alwayslooking
06-11-2014, 09:00 AM
Since I don't see a picture of your rifle and set-up, I have to go with the information that you've posted. I have never had a rifle that you could see the front sight through the scope. You sight your target into the crosshairs of the scope when using a scope and without the scope, you use the iron sights. Bore sighting (which it sounds like Michi-Gun did) is quick and simply gets you on paper. From then on you have to "fine tune" scope and sights the rest of the way. Wish that I could help beyond information but you're too far away to take a ride into the Thumb to go beyond the bore sight with me.

At what yard range should I first fine tune it in? My scope is a illuminated 6x32 UTG by the way if that helps with all my questions. Once I get that set - i can quick disconnect and then will have to adjust my rear flip up sight one time correct then once I re - connect the scope it should be pretty close on right?

fr3db3ar
06-11-2014, 10:18 AM
What distance do you plan to normally shoot at? This is the distance to tweak the scope to. I'd set the BUIS to 50. If you don't plan to shoot open sights much I'd personally set those up first. Then once you put the scope back on and tweak it, it will stay there.

Draken
06-11-2014, 02:46 PM
Pm me with your phone number...will call when i am done with work. Will go over the hows and whys, and give a basic bore sight.

alwayslooking
06-11-2014, 03:33 PM
Pm me with your phone number...will call when i am done with work. Will go over the hows and whys, and give a basic bore sight.

PM sent. Thank you.