PDA

View Full Version : HSC Instructors

SeeTee
06-26-2014, 02:04 PM
A call out to the to the HSC instructors in the Org.

MGO is working to set up to do the DNR HSC field portion at this year's Woods and Water Weekend, Saturday September 6th, in Imlay city, we have a instructor willing to do the class, but before making a commitment to do the class, we need a few extra instructors,
1) Another lead instructor as back up, just in case something comes up at last minute for somebody ( it happens, family, medical, transportation, emergency, ect )
2) to cover the proper student to instructor ratio and this we can't be sure of until closer to the event, but we need to be ready ahead of time JIC.

This is a great time and place to hold the class, it is just at the start of the hunting season and the W&W weekend is a giant wonderland of venders for you hunter's! among many other great events at the show.

This is the perfect place to establish it as the must attend class venue for new hunters, get them their card and then right out into the hunting season!
I need not point out the need to get new / young people involved to keep the tradition / sport of hunting alive in the state.

I know it is early, but we need commitments / on stand by, from volunteers ASAP, other groups are waiting to put in efforts to promote this, in addition to our own efforts, so we really need to get instructors locked in before we put it out in public for the class.

If you are willing to step and help out, Please post or pm me.

Thank you!

SeeTee

Hey it's for the children!! and any new hunter to be!!

SeeTee
07-08-2014, 11:26 AM
Bump for the cause, nobody willing to be even a just in case back up?

sse
07-18-2014, 11:47 AM
Was wondering if you have this covered...PM sent...

SeeTee
07-18-2014, 02:34 PM
PM replied.

tenthumbs
07-30-2014, 10:19 PM
A call out to the to the HSC instructors in the Org.

MGO is working to set up to do the DNR HSC field portion at this year's Woods and Water Weekend, Saturday September 6th, in Imlay city, we have a instructor willing to do the class, but before making a commitment to do the class, we need a few extra instructors,
1) Another lead instructor as back up, just in case something comes up at last minute for somebody ( it happens, family, medical, transportation, emergency, ect )
2) to cover the proper student to instructor ratio and this we can't be sure of until closer to the event, but we need to be ready ahead of time JIC.

If you have just one student two Instructors are required.

This is a great time and place to hold the class, it is just at the start of the hunting season and the W&W weekend is a giant wonderland of venders for you hunter's! among many other great events at the show.

This is the perfect place to establish it as the must attend class venue for new hunters, get them their card and then right out into the hunting season!

This is why I have hesitated in replying.

IMO opinion based on teaching the class 2 years ago at W&W it is not the perfect place to conduct the field portion of the online course.

for one thing, you must allot 3-4 hours to complete. We only had 2 students and the parents kept coming back to see if we were done.

The students were restless and with all that was going on outside they were distracted.

I need not point out the need to get new / young people involved to keep the tradition / sport of hunting alive in the state.

I know it is early, but we need commitments / on stand by, from volunteers ASAP, other groups are waiting to put in efforts to promote this, in addition to our own efforts, so we really need to get instructors locked in before we put it out in public for the class.

If you are willing to step and help out, Please post or pm me.

Thank you!

Despite what I stated above, I will assist in conducting the class.

I have Everything required to conduct the field portion as I run the test at LCSC once every Month. I am one of the few Instructors in the area that does, according to the DNR rep that I am in contact with. [Peggy Ruby]

SeeTee

Hey it's for the children!! and any new hunter to be!!

Yup, that is why my fellow Instructors and I do it.

Please PM contact info for the other Instructors so that we may coordinate our efforts.

Thanks Carl.. for all you do. PM me if you need anything. I still have your phone# If you need mine I'll get it to you.

tenthumbs
08-25-2014, 12:03 PM
Since there have been no comments, I thought I would add this to clarify my first post.

What To Expect at the Field Day

At the Field Day, you must successfully complete the remaining course requirements, which include: 4–6 hours of instruction, a field exercise, a live-fire exercise, and Michigan’s Hunter Education Certification exam.

Important Bring your Michigan Field Day Voucher to the Field Day as proof of having completed the online course.

After attending and passing the Field Day portion of the hunter education requirement, you will receive your Michigan Hunter Education Certificate

http://www.hunter-ed.com/michigan/in_person_component.html

other options

http://www.hunter-ed.com/michigan/

http://www.huntercourse.com/