PDA

View Full Version : Woods-n-Water September 5,6,7, 2014 Imlay City

SeeTee
07-27-2014, 10:20 AM
It's that time again! This is a great event in Imlay City, this is a fun event to just come out and bring the family and enjoy the day!

Note-W&W has decided not to do a West Michigan show this year-in case anyone was wondering about that.

For those that don't know the woods -n- Water weekend is held at the Eastern Michigan Fairgrounds in Imlay City, Dates, September 5,6,7
http://www.woods-n-waternews.com/Sis...r-Weekend.html (http://www.woods-n-waternews.com/Sissue-37607.292113-p24128.112113-Outdoor-Weekend.html)

Information and map to the MGO booth on page 2 of this .pdf

MGO Booth location W-n-W Imlay City.pdf (http://www.migunowners.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=22999&d=1377898303) - I know it show's the 2013 location, but it is in the same location again this year.

Volunteers for the MGO booth at the event.

We had a great crew last year and this year will be no different I am sure.
We will have good time again this year!

I have listed the volunteer needs per shift, if you are new to MGO and want to see what it is all about and the shift roster is full, just let me know and we will find a place for you to spend some time at the booth.

This event earns volunteers that are MGO members a shift credit, to be used for the Gun of the year drawing, membership renewal or gift membership.
Forum members- your first shift credit earns you a 1yr. MGO membership.

Friday the Sept. 5 -Setup time TBD, I could use 1or 2 to help with this, its a good time if you have it to learn the booth set-up

SeeTee
Mikeb32
Kilt Guy

We could use 1 more able person, anybody who would like learn the set-up is welcome too.

Show times dates and times;

Friday- September 5, 1 shift, 2 or 3 needed

1-5pm to 9pm.

Kilt Guy
Travisthared

We need at least 1 or 2 more

Saturday -September 6, 3 Shifts, a busy day 3~4 per shift needed

1- 8:30am to 12:30 pm

Kilt Guy
Tomservo434
Wolfeman5

2- 12noon to 4pm

Kilt Guy
Tomservo434
Travisthared

3-3:30 to 7pm
Kilt Guy
Travisthared
Magmun Man
MiniMag

Sunday-September 7, 2 shifts these just work out to be a little longer, hard to make 3 shifts for Sunday 3-per shift needed

1-8:30am to 1pm
Kilt Guy
dmd7765
SeeTee

We could use 1 or 2 more

2- 12:30pm to 5pm + pack up, this should not take too long, usually we start to wind down before 5pm.

dmd7765
SeeTee

We could use at least 2 more

tedalton
07-27-2014, 11:29 AM
I'll have to verify with my social director, but I should be able to do 12:00 -> on sat.

travisthared
07-27-2014, 11:30 AM
Hey carl. Can I do 12pm-7pm (2 shifts in a row) on Saturday?

SeeTee
07-27-2014, 01:46 PM
Hey carl. Can I do 12pm-7pm (2 shifts in a row) on Saturday?

one'ez or a three pack only ;)j/k of course you can!!!

Magnum Man
07-28-2014, 11:28 AM
MiniMag and myself will help fill in after the class on Saturday.

travisthared
07-28-2014, 04:34 PM
one'ez or a three pack only ;)j/k of course you can!!!

Thanks Carl. You know evens are my ticket. Lol

Kilt Guy
08-08-2014, 07:02 PM
Put me in for all day on Friday as well. I have vacation days I have to use.

SeeTee
08-08-2014, 07:38 PM
Would you be up for the set-up too? I could use the help working out that new layout we talked about, CircuitRider will just be fresh from knee surgery, I don't think he will be very mobile, but I wish him the best outcome!

mikeb32
08-08-2014, 07:39 PM
When is set up?

SeeTee
08-08-2014, 07:41 PM
When is set up?

TBD, but around 11am~noonish, on Friday the 5th, we can talk about it on Sunday, there are a few things to work out.

mikeb32
08-08-2014, 08:17 PM
Ok Captain!

Kilt Guy
08-08-2014, 08:30 PM
Would you be up for the set-up too? I could use the help working out that new layout we talked about, CircuitRider will just be fresh from knee surgery, I don't think he will be very mobile, but I wish him the best outcome!

Set up is part of my all day plan. I have never set up before so it is time to learn.

mikeb32
08-08-2014, 08:34 PM
I can have the trailer there anytime

SeeTee
08-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Set up is part of my all day plan. I have never set up before so it is time to learn.

You are a natural at this! not much to learn,but it will be a big help and solve some problems to have you there! Thank you!

SeeTee
08-09-2014, 02:19 PM
And just for the extra bump- We still need help on Sunday, both shifts, this is a good chance for MGO people in the area to get in an event close by!

Jackam
08-10-2014, 09:57 PM
These things are normally too far in advance for me to volunteer for and be available.
I'm always pretty good at last minute helps if you ever need it.
If I'm in town, I'm just a phone call away.
BR549

SeeTee
08-14-2014, 10:24 AM
Sunday Sunday Sunday Sunday!! Needs some help!! + WE really need some experienced volunteers that can run the booth for that day too!

mikeb32
08-14-2014, 10:26 AM
Sunday Sunday Sunday Sunday!! Needs some help!! + WE really need some experienced volunteers that can run the booth for that day too!

What time are you and I planning on heading that way?

SeeTee
08-14-2014, 10:31 AM
What time are you and I planning on heading that way?

For Friday or Sunday?

mikeb32
08-14-2014, 10:46 AM
For Friday or Sunday?

Sunday, If we leave early we can help out at the booth

SeeTee
08-14-2014, 11:18 AM
Sunday, If we leave early we can help out at the booth

We would need to be there before 1pm, to cover 2nd shift and pack up.

dmd7765
08-14-2014, 11:26 AM

Ill Work Sunday

mikeb32
08-14-2014, 11:31 AM
Ill Work Sunday

You could ride up with us if you want, getting there by 1:00 should be no problem, even earlier if need be.

dmd7765
08-14-2014, 11:34 AM
You could ride up with us if you want, getting there by 1:00 should be no problem, even earlier if need be.

ok, from looking at the thread, SeeTee is working all day on Sunday, whatever works for the boss (SeeTee).!! lol

mikeb32
08-14-2014, 11:35 AM
ok, from looking at the thread, SeeTee is working all day on Sunday, whatever works for the boss (SeeTee).!! lol

Like always, "We'll figure it out"

SeeTee
08-14-2014, 12:30 PM

Revising that now, I won't be driving there myself.

Dave, what shift / s can you work?

dmd7765
08-14-2014, 12:35 PM
Revising that now, I won't be driving there myself.

Dave, what shift / s can you work?

Both

dmd7765
08-14-2014, 12:53 PM
Both

I hear Kilt Guy is having a party Saturday

TomServo434
08-14-2014, 01:00 PM
I might be able to help on Sunday if my plans for the airshow (Selfridge) fall thru. Wont know till a bit closer though.

Kilt Guy
08-14-2014, 04:21 PM
I hear Kilt Guy is having a party Saturday

Sure am, it is at the Woods & Water booth so come and enjoy the party :grin:

tedalton
08-15-2014, 02:37 PM
Looks like I'm going to be going to the FNRA banquet, so I won't be able to be here.

Roundballer
08-15-2014, 03:17 PM
And just for the extra bump- We still need help on Sunday, both shifts, this is a good chance for MGO people in the area to get in an event close by!
I am the one that lives soooo close that it takes less time to walk there than drive and find a parking place.

Unfortunately, I won't know if I am free until that week.

SeeTee
08-15-2014, 06:07 PM
"Looks like I'm going to be going to the FNRA banquet, so I won't be able to be here. "

"I am the one that lives soooo close that it takes less time to walk there than drive and find a parking place.

Unfortunately, I won't know if I am free until that week. "No problem guy's, you have both stepped up anytime you could, I and MGO appreciate the time you have given already.

Roundballer, I'll just put you on the gate list, if you want / can, stop by anytime you want, you are always welcome.

However there are so many other people in the general area that could help & some that complain that we don't do anything in their area and here is the opportunity, no takers and this is the really fun event, carry any way you want so that is not an excuse, heck there are just not enough excuses for the numbers we have in the Org.

People sure have lots of time to argue over the dumbest issues on the forum for lots of post's / hours on end, but to get out from the behind the computer is sure another story.

I just looked at a map and used a compass to draw a circle from where the Magnum Man will be driving in from to Imlay City and it takes in a large chunk SE MI, coincidently where the largest percent of the members are and only eight sign up, WHY is that?

TomServo434
08-26-2014, 11:15 AM
Coming from a past and future booth volunteer, I can say that these events are very enjoyable and informative from both sides of the table. Everything from helping people with simple questions about handgun registration or learning about MSP updates from Kilt Guy that I never heard of but make a big impact on when/where you can carry. This is our moment to introduce people to MGO and really let them know what were all about, or even get those folks back that snuck away the past few years (I heard I used to be a member a lot from people walking up to the booth). Things are constantly changing as far as 2A rights go on a state (SBR rulings, acceptable hunting calibers, ect) and federal (import bans, registration, ect.) level. Education and information is what were all about, and when your face to face, as opposed to behind a keyboard, you really can make a difference, and that's why we put the effort into attending these shows.

At least try out one shift. Let us know what was good/bad about the experience. Chances are you will be working next to one of our new BOD members. Its a great opportunity to learn who they are and share ideas or even tell/hear a few good stories. Plenty of spots open!!!

SeeTee
08-28-2014, 11:42 AM
Just a bump for the event, coming up very soon, we could still use help! Friday first shift- Saturday first shift in particluar, this is a chance for forum members to earn a full MGO membership by working 1 -4hr shift, more shift's will earn other options, like Gun of the Year drawing enty's.
More important it is a chance to see what MGO does in public and to be a part of that action.
Don't let the look of a full roster keep you from volunteering, we will make room for everybody who wants in!

wolfeman5
08-29-2014, 06:04 AM
Put me down for Saturday First shift. I love this show!!

SeeTee
08-29-2014, 10:04 AM
Put me down for Saturday First shift. I love this show!!

Thanks wolfman5, got you on the list!

SeeTee
09-02-2014, 11:05 AM
Bump, it is this weekend Guy's, we could really use some help on Friday for the 5-9 shift, as a reminder, forum members the first shift you work earns you a 1yr. MGO membership.
more shift's worked go into entry's for the Gun of the Year, goes for paid MGO members as well.

Pyzik
09-02-2014, 01:43 PM
Someone get a really good pic of some smiling faces at the booth or something.

I would like to update the Facebook banner with something a little more engaging than a picture of you "new" trailer.

SeeTee
09-03-2014, 01:03 AM
We still have a need for help this weekend, anybody want to get out from behind the computer? and spend some time outside ( well under a large tent ) help work the MGO booth + check out a great outdoor Sportsman show, now is the time.

Pyzik
09-03-2014, 05:56 AM
Between MDFI, FNRA and some family stuff, I am booked this weekend. :(

Pyzik
09-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Posted and "highlighted" to our facebook page. Maybe it'll grab someone's attention.

SeeTee
09-03-2014, 11:18 AM
Things are looking up, :) Travisthared jumped in to fill a much needed spot on Friday- don't be shy people, we still have room!

Huntime
09-03-2014, 02:51 PM
Would love to get involved on this level, unfortunately I am working the same show for Spot Shooter Archery.

SeeTee
09-03-2014, 04:15 PM
Would love to get involved on this level, unfortunately I am working the same show for Spot Shooter Archery.

Then you already know what a fun weekend this event is! Please stop by the MGO booth and say hello at least, we are in the big tent, booth / space 441&442 on the west side of the center isle running down the tent.

Roundballer
09-03-2014, 04:29 PM
Then you already know what a fun weekend this event is! Please stop by the MGO booth and say hello at least, we are in the big tent, booth / space 441&442 on the west side of the center isle running down the tent.
Is that the same spot as for the last couple of years?

I know that I have a commitment for the day on Sunday (Appleseed).

I am still waiting on info for Fri/Sat. I might not find out until late Thursday, too late to post....

SeeTee
09-03-2014, 04:37 PM
Is that the same spot as for the last couple of years?

I know that I have a commitment for the day on Sunday (Appleseed).

I am still waiting on info for Fri/Sat. I might not find out until late Thursday, too late to post....

Yes it is in the same spot, I have you down on the gate list as you are always welcome ( and close by ), Saturday would most helpfull as it's the busyest, but anytime is good and if not I understand prior commiments.
Thank you checking in.

jgorski
09-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Pretty sure I can help with set up Friday morning. As long as I don't get called to work i will be there. What time are you starting?

Kilt Guy
09-03-2014, 05:58 PM
Pretty sure I can help with set up Friday morning. As long as I don't get called to work i will be there. What time are you starting?

I was told 11am.

SeeTee
09-03-2014, 08:06 PM

Thanks, PM sent.

mikeb32
09-03-2014, 08:27 PM
We will have an extra set of hands on Friday, the Colonel is coming with us!!

Huntime
09-06-2014, 10:17 PM
Roundballer it was great meeting you at the booth today, enjoyed the conversation.

Pyzik
09-07-2014, 06:17 PM
Anyone get a pic of the booth, maybe with some workers behind it?

Magnum Man
09-07-2014, 06:32 PM
Anyone get a pic of the booth, maybe with some workers behind it?

Yes

Pyzik
09-07-2014, 06:47 PM
Yes

Pics or it didn't happen... :D

EDIT: Found em
http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?305561-Woods-amp-Water

peppy62979
09-07-2014, 06:50 PM
Pics or it didn't happen... :D

Mike started a thread he posted a couple of pics. you could have gone and seen it in person :)

SeeTee
09-07-2014, 08:58 PM
Another great, fun woods & water weekend, a GIANT thanks to the MGO volunteers who stepped to work extra shifts for set-up and to man the booth for the rest of the weekend, hot as heck and then have storms come in and almost blow the tent away! what a way to start the show!

I hope everybody liked the new setup, I thought it was a good elevotion in the process to try and do something better each time wih the booth.

I personally had the pleasure to not only to work with members I have not worked with before ( thanks for the help John, great meeting & working with you! ) but to meet and talk with many MGO members that stopped by the booth to say hi and I am glad that they got to see what MGO does, what members dues support, proof there is real life, beyond the internet!

Thanks again to all, I had a great time!

SeeTee

travisthared
09-08-2014, 03:49 AM
W & W is my favorite show to work. Although Friday was brutal weather, Saturday was perfect so it was worth the storm and heat. Had a great time!