PDA

View Full Version : help me decide with my m&p10

Moorhous
11-01-2014, 09:02 AM
I'm pretty new to scopes. Got a m&p10 and want to scope it befor gun season opens. I'm looking at the Burris Mtac everything I read about it sounds like a good buy for the price. But I've also been looking at the Bushnell PCL Throw down. Its $100 less.. Is the mtac worth the extra $100?? Will these scopes hold zero on a 308?? Keep in mind I'll never have a shoot in the woods where I hunt that's more than 150 yards. The only scoped gun I have is a .22, it has a cheap Bushnell on it and I'm happy. I'm not picky about glass clarity not shooting for bulls eyes and I rarely shoot over 200 yards.I just want something that works. Help I can't decide and I'm running out of time!

stroo
11-02-2014, 07:55 PM
I honestly do not have experience with that particular Bushnell but I would spend the extra hundy and go with the Burris. I have lots of different brands of scopes on my weapons and the only failures I have had were with Leupolds, that being said Burris and Nikon are leaps and bounds ahead of the rest dollar for dollar from what I have seen.
Do not cheap out on mounts and rings also, they make a HUGE difference with holding zero! Good luck and nice rifle, and nice rifle, I love mine!