PDA

View Full Version : MGO Fund Raising- Go Fund Me

dmd7765
12-11-2014, 03:43 PM
Michigan Gun Owners is seeking to increase funds to support our mission of educating the public on safe responsible gun ownership, through education (Project ChildSafe) and preserving and defending the right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Bill of Rights and Article I, section 6 of Michigan’s Constitution.

Want to help out? Simply click below and donate today.

http://www.gofundme.com/iqbax0

Thank you

somebody
12-11-2014, 03:49 PM
Done.

dmd7765
12-11-2014, 03:52 PM
Thanks Somebody

dmd7765
12-12-2014, 08:50 PM
Btt

hunterspirit
12-12-2014, 09:04 PM
What happened to the $$$ that were in the bank? Do the lowly folks who can't bump their ads get an explanation when the money went.Period,no question mark.

Follow the money

dmd7765
12-12-2014, 09:09 PM
What happened to the $$$ that were in the bank? Do the lowly folks who can't bump their ads get an explanation when the money went.Period,no question mark.

Follow the money

Forum Users do not get that privileged information

RogueLeader
12-12-2014, 09:12 PM

Follow the money

Actually, MGO finances have been and are being disucssed in the MGO Members forums.

Ruger
12-12-2014, 09:23 PM

Follow the money

There's money in the bank! You can never have to much according to the Warden!
Continued fundraising in any form that is legal and within the boundaries of the bylaws should be pursued. The treasure can address how much is in the bank if he feels its necessary, but I assure you there is money there because I paid my dues..... Members have access to things like the treasures report and other nonsense that only a few seem to see as good reading.

hunterspirit
12-13-2014, 08:50 AM
There's money in the bank! You can never have to much according to the Warden!
Continued fundraising in any form that is legal and within the boundaries of the bylaws should be pursued. The treasure can address how much is in the bank if he feels its necessary, but I assure you there is money there because I paid my dues..... Members have access to things like the treasures report and other nonsense that only a few seem to see as good reading.
I saw something by a mod who mentioned a deficit

dmd7765
12-13-2014, 09:08 AM
We do not have a deficit

hunterspirit
12-13-2014, 10:28 AM
We do not have a deficit

OK I found this from a "Super Moderator"

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?313550-Michigan-House-votes-on-suspicion-based-drug-testing-for-welfare-recipients&p=2519386&highlight=#post2519386

Quote Originally Posted by MP Miller View Post
Just stop giving people free money.
I think you'll hear me say this a lot on the forum, as MGO looks to fund a deficit.
My comment has nothing to do with drug testing, but I sure likes your quote. Simple, effective, and to the point.

dmd7765
12-13-2014, 10:42 AM
Again we do not have a deficit, we just don't have a large surplus

Super Trucker
12-13-2014, 12:06 PM

hunterspirit
12-13-2014, 12:22 PM
I'm aware of the in fighting, and how it caused members to become non members.

Before I donate to a 501C or charity,I investigate them to see if they're a worthy org to give $$$ to.

In fact that was the recommendation of some here concerning charities

So asking about money is prudent in my opinion before I shell mine out.
You have your opinion,and I have my money. Thanks for the heads up.

RogueLeader
12-13-2014, 01:14 PM
I'm aware of the in fighting, and how it caused members to become non members.

Before I donate to a 501C or charity,I investigate them to see if they're a worthy org to give $$$ to.

In fact that was the recommendation of some here concerning charities

So asking about money is prudent in my opinion before I shell mine out.
You have your opinion,and I have my money. Thanks for the heads up.

Based on the tone of your post, you did not seem interested in learning about MGO, but that is my perception.

If you would like to know what MGO is planning to do in the near future, as far as the direction the org is going, please feel free to ask.

Likewise, as may have been mentioned in other threads, fiscially speaking, we are looking at different revenue streams, much like diversifying your retirement portfolio. That way, we don't have to rely on a single source of income, while expanding our abilities to do more.

On the flip side, we review what we are currently doing, as far as programs, contributions, and obligations, to make sure we are doing the right things for the right reason, and that we are getting a return on those investments.

These two things will pretty much always trigger discussions. Some may label it as infighting, some may not; depends on how much water you see in the glass.

No matter what choices the org makes, someone will always be unhappy, and those are the risks we take. We may lose members because we are not supporting something they want done, but we may also gain members because for the same reason.

right2bear
12-13-2014, 10:39 PM
Michigan Gun Owners is seeking to increase funds to support our mission of educating the public on safe responsible gun ownership, through education (Project ChildSafe) and preserving and defending the right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Bill of Rights and Article I, section 6 of Michigan’s Constitution.

I guess I'm a little confused. In another thread I was told that the Project Childsafe program is NOT MGO's. Yet this is a fund me link in order to fund that?

What else is this fund being used for? What course of action is directly defending our right to keep and bear arms through this fund, or educating the public other than the Childsafe Program?

Not being a jerk, but really am a bit miffed.

dmd7765
12-13-2014, 10:51 PM
Project ChildSafe is the nssf's program consisting of a video for kids and a pamphlet, we are using that name because it is known, we (mgo) are presenting other things besides the video. The go fund me is for education (expanding the course, gaining needed supplies), The 2A legal defense fund ( we now have a comittee which reviews and recommends if mgo should take part in legal issues )and general operating expenses.

right2bear
12-13-2014, 11:02 PM
Thanks Dave...

I really appreciate the fast response, and the time and effort you and the rest of the BOD have been putting forth.

mikeb32
12-13-2014, 11:21 PM
I guess I'm a little confused. In another thread I was told that the Project Childsafe program is NOT MGO's. Yet this is a fund me link in order to fund that?

What else is this fund being used for? What course of action is directly defending our right to keep and bear arms through this fund, or educating the public other than the Childsafe Program?

Not being a jerk, but really am a bit miffed.

Originally the thought process was to pretty much come up with our own Program, but after spending a lot of time researching different ways to make it happen we actually found that the NSSF Video's that we reviewed, covered the info that we wanted to get out in the beginning of the program.
McGruff the Crime Fighting Dog is the star in one of the Videos that we are using for one age group and then there is another video we are using for the kids that are somewhat older, think Middle school age.

There is a chance that eventually we may venture into developing and producing our own videos, but since these two videos do get our point across we use them at the start of the program and then use our original material to compliment the videos.
The Videos are approximately 13 minutes long, and the added content makes the program about an hour long.

somebody
12-15-2014, 08:21 AM
FTR, as far as I'm concerned, Project ChildSafe does help defend our 2A rights. Anything that puts gun owners and gun ownership in a good light in public view is good for our 2A rights. It's part of turning the cultural tide away from fear and misunderstanding. It's a program I'm glad to see and glad to support.

mikeb32
12-15-2014, 08:41 AM
FTR, as far as I'm concerned, Project ChildSafe does help defend our 2A rights. Anything that puts gun owners and gun ownership in a good light in public view is good for our 2A rights. It's part of turning the cultural tide away from fear and misunderstanding. It's a program I'm glad to see and glad to support.

Thank You!

WelshAmerican
01-06-2015, 02:35 AM
Done. It's not hard to say this here, but I'm for 2A. I'd like to see you succeed in all your tasks.

dmd7765
01-06-2015, 09:23 AM
Thank you for your support

mikeb32
01-06-2015, 09:26 AM
Yes, Thank You WelshAmerican!