PDA

View Full Version : Attention Golfers- Michigan Gun Owners Benefit Golf Outing for the Benefit for Kids.

SeeTee
01-11-2015, 09:53 PM
It's for the kids! everyone is encouraged to print out the .pdf of the flyer and post it anywhere you can.
31109 Golf Outing poster
31110 Golf Outing sign up form

http://i62.tinypic.com/feqetf.jpg
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://i58.tinypic.com/23hw3yc.jpg

SeeTee
04-22-2015, 01:40 AM
Spring is coming, time to sign up for this event!

Ruger
04-22-2015, 08:29 AM
Mike, where are you at with entry's for this event? I'm trying to put a foursome together I'm trying to find a ringer for the long drive events I'm hoping she'll attend!

MSUICEMAN
04-22-2015, 10:37 AM
great cause and charity. fished their charity tournament a couple times. I can't make it this year, but should be able to put a group together for next year.

Kilt Guy
04-22-2015, 02:10 PM
As of today I have 3 teams and 3 hole sponsors.

SeeTee
04-26-2015, 11:55 AM
Just a bump for the event, There is a deadline coming up very very soon ( looking like May 9th to decide ) to get this to a minimum number of teams to make this happen, so if you want in on this please contact Kilt Guy ASAP and get your team signed up now.

Kilt Guy
05-11-2015, 06:11 PM
The deadline has now been moved to May 29th. If you are thinking about this please get your paper work to me ASAP. Doing every thing last minute will not be fun.

SeeTee
05-12-2015, 04:25 PM
Lot's of clicks on this thread, but not one MGO person has signed up for this & the thread has been open since January, 4 months!

PhotoTom
05-12-2015, 04:48 PM
Lot's of clicks on this thread, but not one MGO person has signed up for this & the thread has been open since January, 4 months!

1,786 views by 118 people (including 5 BoD Members, 2 Mods, you and me).
If what you say is true (nobody?)...it is very clear that the demographics simply aren't there (MGO members that are golfers that are interested in this event).

Kilt Guy
05-13-2015, 04:11 AM
If what you say is true (nobody?)...it is very clear that the demographics simply aren't there (MGO members that are golfers that are interested in this event).

What he is saying is true as I have the registrations. There are two MGO members playing ( myself and another) but we were the first team to sign up.

Ruger
05-13-2015, 07:46 AM
Would you mind if we took a poll to see how many MGO members even play golf?

PhotoTom
05-13-2015, 07:53 AM
Would you mind if we took a poll to see how many MGO members even play golf?

Who? Why not...go for it!

"A golf course is a waste of a perfectly good rifle range." ;)

Pyzik
05-14-2015, 10:38 AM

I keep checking in just to see how it's going. Golf is fun once in a while but $150 for is an MDFI class.
Heck, I don't even go golfing unless I have a coupon. $20 is my max.

Maybe MGO could try for a shooting event to benefit B4K in the future?

tlagnhoj
05-14-2015, 10:19 PM
<deleted>

zigziggityzoo
05-14-2015, 10:28 PM
How sad! Let's see... 18 holes of golf, dinner and prizes... $20 doesn't even cover the golf never mind dinner or anything left over for B4K! A buck fifty for a CHARITY golf outing is not a bad price. I understand if you simply don't have the money OR if this simply is not your thing. But again, given the number of members i would have expected a little more 2 MGO members participating.

How many own golf clubs? I know I don't. No one in my family even owns any. When my grandfather passed I got his deer guns and his fishing gear.

Have a fishing competition for charity. Or maybe clays. There are lots of things that are more accessible to more people that would have garnered more MGO support.

tlagnhoj
05-14-2015, 11:28 PM
<deleted>

Magnum Man
05-15-2015, 01:54 AM
How many own golf clubs? I know I don't. No one in my family even owns any. When my grandfather passed I got his deer guns and his fishing gear.

Have a fishing competition for charity. Or maybe clays. There are lots of things that are more accessible to more people that would have garnered more MGO support.
I am not a golfer. That being said I still volunteered to help with the event if it gets off the ground. Fishing tournament and clays is more MY speed. I can even provide a venue for a clay event albeit a little off the beaten path. Hope this works out, I know Mike has put a lot of planning and effort into it.

zigziggityzoo
05-15-2015, 07:08 AM
don't get me wrong, I hope it works out, too.

Kilt Guy
05-16-2015, 04:01 AM
don't get me wrong, I hope it works out, too.

Thank you, It will but not with the numbers I was hoping.

SeeTee
07-10-2015, 11:49 PM
Wishing all success to Kilt Guy with the Golf Outing today, he single handily put this whole event together, it's in support for a great organization.
Also a big thanks to Mike and all who volunteered to help him work the outing today :salute: to all of you!!!!!

Please if you are there get pictures and post them in this thread.

SeeTee
07-12-2015, 11:42 AM
OK, How did it go? How about an AAR?

Pyzik
07-12-2015, 01:14 PM
Also VERY curious how it went!

Ruger
07-15-2015, 03:00 PM
Any pictures of the event? prize winners?

tgafish
07-15-2015, 07:35 PM
I am not a golfer. That being said I still volunteered to help with the event if it gets off the ground. Fishing tournament and clays is more MY speed. I can even provide a venue for a clay event albeit a little off the beaten path. Hope this works out, I know Mike has put a lot of planning and effort into it.

FYI we have been doing a charity salmon tournament for B4K for the past 8 years. It's next weekend. Here's a link if anybody is interested. Still have room for teams
https://www.facebook.com/DreamweaverCharitySalmonTournament
http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/threads/2015-dreamweaver-charity-salmon-tournament.530304/

MSUICEMAN
07-15-2015, 07:39 PM
I've fished in that tourney a few times (rider on tga's boat). Great bunch of guys, great cause, and a great time. In past years, there was a nice time at the campground the night before bs'ing and eating.