PDA

View Full Version : 10 acre apple orchard surrounded by farms for coyote

rekulhanek
01-16-2015, 08:42 PM
Considering leasing my land to coyote hunting, possibly trapping. Let's talk.

mikethepike
01-18-2015, 12:41 PM
How about deer? I'd be interested in leasing

kingfisher
01-19-2015, 07:39 AM
Considering leasing my land to coyote hunting, possibly trapping. Let's talk.

I would think you should offer this service free. They would be doing you a favor.

StoneyBones
01-19-2015, 07:52 AM
I would think you should offer this service free. They would be doing you a favor.

Leases do not have to require money. It just a legal document.

Jackam
01-19-2015, 08:47 AM

Yeah, um..... no.

It's not as simple as just saying "Sure, go ahead."

Rekulhanek has something of value.
He pays the government each year to "own" this property. He maintains it, and looks after it.
He owns something that most people do not possess or have access to.
If we all had ten acres of private land to hunt, then he could say "Come hunt mine for free" because it wouldn't be a big deal.
Until then... he deserves a few bucks for letting someone take advantage of his property.

ChaneyD
01-19-2015, 10:05 AM
:yeahthat:

rekulhanek
01-19-2015, 01:09 PM
Thanks guys. I worked hard on this property to get it to where it is now, much more to do. Grass chest high, gas and usage on the machines, reviving the bee colony, repairs, etc. I will say, that I'm very fair, and I'm sure we could work out something agreeable.

7x12
01-20-2015, 09:22 AM
Why would you want someone to shoot coyotes they will eat the deer that are eating your apples.

I charge land owners to shoot and trap coyotes it cost me tags for my truck, fuel, hunting license, gun, ammo, batteries for my caller, traps, snares, lures, bait. My time is worth something to.

Jackam
01-20-2015, 10:29 AM
reviving the bee colony, repairs, etc.
Bees? :D
Send me a PM sometime if you want to talk bees. (400 pounds of honey from my hives last year.)

rekulhanek
01-20-2015, 01:06 PM
7x12, I guess you're not the guy for me then. We all pay.
Jackam, very much a newbie....but was lucky enough to find a beekeeper that has been extremely helpful.

kingfisher
01-20-2015, 01:33 PM
Yeah, um..... no.

It's not as simple as just saying "Sure, go ahead."

Rekulhanek has something of value.
He pays the government each year to "own" this property. He maintains it, and looks after it.
He owns something that most people do not possess or have access to.
If we all had ten acres of private land to hunt, then he could say "Come hunt mine for free" because it wouldn't be a big deal.
Until then... he deserves a few bucks for letting someone take advantage of his property.

Yeah..Actually yes it is that simple. I guess depending on how the OP is looking at his land. He thinks he is offering a service or product to a hunter, if it was upland or deer that might be the case and its fine. In all reality most predator hunters are in demand and they can find plenty of places to go. I have no problem with leases, just a lease for predators is not something most would pay for.

I know I pay a lease fee now on a uncles property up north. Heaven forbid, without paperwork also! I would be more than happy to let guys come in and trap for coyote if I could get the OK. If I purchase the piece after my uncle passes. You can bet I will offer it up to some of these fellow hunters for free. They would doing us deer hunters a service. Now that's a value to us. I am not anti lease.

Jackam
01-21-2015, 12:28 AM
I have no problem with leases, just a lease for predators is not something most would pay for.

All that he needs is ONE :D

kingfisher
01-21-2015, 07:43 AM
All that he needs is ONE :D

That is true, always one in the bunch.

Billy_D
01-22-2015, 05:33 PM
Ill start the bidding at $5 for the year :P

rekulhanek
01-22-2015, 07:33 PM
Didn't realize this was an auction now. Wow. In that case, sorry Billy D, reserve not met.

westcliffe01
01-22-2015, 08:19 PM
$10 will buy one 100 custom printed business cards that one can leave in farmers mailboxes offering your services as a predator hunter. Someone will call back out of 100 cards...

I have been hunting a 120 acre sheep farm. The coyote hunting "pays" for deer hunting priveleges. of course there is a direct benefit to the sheep farmer, whereas the orchard is harder to figure out. 10 acres is a pretty small lot. It would likely be difficult to keep bullets from crossing the property bounderies.

Ballzdeep
01-23-2015, 11:14 PM
You prob have 1 coyote for every 50 acres avg. I am paid or requested to shoot coyotes on alot of properties. 1 hunt on 10 acres and they would be gone for weeks !

Jackam
01-24-2015, 11:52 PM
You prob have 1 coyote for every 50 acres avg. I am paid or requested to shoot coyotes on alot of properties. 1 hunt on 10 acres and they would be gone for weeks !

Perhaps, but I'll bet the raccoons are used to scavenging for apples.
A fur trapper might enjoy this lot also.

Coctailer
01-25-2015, 08:35 AM
Bees? :D
Send me a PM sometime if you want to talk bees. (400 pounds of honey from my hives last year.)

I don't want to lease land, but I will pay for some natural honey.:lol:

sbowhuntr
01-25-2015, 12:33 PM
I have over 4000 acres that I hunt coyotes on in 4 counties, all by just asking landowners.. Most are in the QDM and phesants forever programs and the landowners welcome me with open arms.. I am doing them a service and would never "pay" them for this service I am providing, I dont think they would let me pay them.. It cost me money to hunt them like gas, ammo, time ex. ex... 10 acres is very small and the chances of getting rid of the coyotes on that property are slim to none since they usually live in an area of 5 sq. miles.. It would have to be a combines effort in the general area, I am sure if someone was to knock on a few doors around the area in question it would unlock a whole lot more than 10 acres and at no cost to the hunter..
No offence but good luck on someone paying for that sevice thay would be doing you..