PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Redfield refurbish

jmoser
02-09-2015, 03:23 PM
Looks like my classic Redfield Wideview needs repair, all over the target after elevation adjustments.

unfortunately even prior to Leupold acquisition Redfield had sold off the tooling for these older scopes, there is no factory service anymore (beware of 'lifetime' warranties !)

factory website refers you to Iron Sight Inc in OK, $85 full refurb which is not bad except for the 18 months (yes - eighteen) lead time. They rebuild the erector assembly and replace seals, nitrogen purge.

I'll buy an inexpensive scope to use in the meantime, this is for my 1965 era Rem 600 and it just belongs on that rifle. Even has a custom 'German' Style Post reticle.

funny thing is it shot a pretty good group, just fell apart when any adjustment was made. Noticed this 2 times, had switched ammo along the way so didn't sink in until the last few shots.

Oh well - at least there is someway to get it repaired and it's not outrageous $$.

sbowhuntr
02-09-2015, 09:05 PM
Try the link I posted, sent a few redfields in for repair to them before.. Reasonable and the turn around time is good also..

http://www.abousainc.com/

Rootsy
02-09-2015, 10:21 PM
Contact tokiwartooth at the CMP forums (and others). He does a lot of scope repair. Much more reasonable than iron sight.