PDA

View Full Version : loose your 2nd Amendment for traffic ticket

freedomgun
02-19-2015, 01:28 AM
in Sweden you can loose your gun privilages for traffic tickets.

how long until they press this type of butterfly logic on us? they have us on the ropes, always on the defense. we sit just waiting for the next one man order to come down from above.
with all the new nra money you would think we could afford to throw a few more punches. maybe get rid of some of the stupid laws we let through (if we give in to this maybe they will leave us in peace, thinking) in the past... sometimes the best defense is a good offense

Ruger
02-19-2015, 09:11 AM
I think we already had someone here have his/her CPL suspended for a DUI. IIRC.

yocan
02-19-2015, 10:40 AM
I think we already had someone here have his/her CPL suspended for a DUI. IIRC.

a DUI is operating a lethal weapon while impaired, I have no issues with the logic of, too stupid not to drive drunk your too stupid not to carry and use a gun drunk.

freedomgun
02-19-2015, 11:37 AM
traffic ticket=speeding etc.

if you disregard the speeding law you are a criminal so it's logical to assume you will have no issue shooting people

DTruck
02-22-2015, 09:27 AM
traffic ticket=speeding etc.

if you disregard the speeding law you are a criminal so it's logical to assume you will have no issue shooting people

Not sure if you're serious about this, but a speeding ticket is a civil infraction, which is a non-criminal violation

Leader
02-22-2015, 09:36 AM
Not sure if you're serious about this, but a speeding ticket is a civil infraction, which is a non-criminal violation

But you know as well as the rest of us that anyone that would drive 28MPH through a school zone at 2A.M. wouldn't hesitate to open up with an AK47 at the SuperBowl.

Same as anyone that has ever had a glass of wine or a beer.

MP Miller
02-22-2015, 09:36 AM
a DUI is operating a lethal weapon while impaired, I have no issues with the logic of, too stupid not to drive drunk your too stupid not to carry and use a gun drunk.
The issue I have with this is BAC does not equate to how well someone can operate a vehicle.

A heavy drinker could be less impaired with a higher BAC then I am while still under the limit.

So let's say you are a heavy drinker. You leave your gun at home and go out for a few drinks and watch the game. You could not even feel buzzed and be in complete control of your vehicle and get a DUI.

Also the fact that you can get a DUI on a bike, rascal or wheelchair when you could pose little risk to anyone. People have also got DUIs for sleeping in their car outside a bar.