PDA

View Full Version : THE PRICE OF BLOOD

Garymac
03-09-2015, 08:59 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/mac66/df6b8a6c-4c3e-4708-ad3f-48884036e5a6_zpsiotv4mwi.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mac66/media/df6b8a6c-4c3e-4708-ad3f-48884036e5a6_zpsiotv4mwi.jpg.html)

"That is the price of blood," Concord Militia Col. Barrett's wife outside of Concord the morning of April 19th 1775 after 120 British troops ransacked their farm looking for weapons, The officers throwing down some coins in payment after they made her feed them breakfast

Patriot Day is April 19 which commemorates the day in 1775 when our forefathers stood up against government tyranny and oppression. It is a day all Americans should know and celebrate but sadly don't.

Appleseed was founded to keep that memory alive and it is THE reason why we exist.

If you want to do something significant this year come out to an Appleseed on the weekend of April 18-19 to hear the story, learn excellent marksmanship and celebrate our shooting heritage.

We have 3 shoots on April 18-19 this year ...The shoots are starting to fill up. Join your fellow patriots for a weekend to remember

-Bellevue AKA Centerline of Calhoun Co AKA Centerline Gun Club,

-Fenton Lakes Sportsman Club in Fenton

-Bend of the River Sportsmans Club in Niles in the SW corner of the state.

There will be special commemorative activities at the events, special T-shirts.

Info and registration for all 2015 Appleseed events is here...

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=MI&statename=Michigan

Garymac
03-10-2015, 07:56 AM
TO LEARN ABOUT YOUR HERITAGE AND TO SHOOT BETTER

COME TO AN APRIL 18-19 APPLESEED EVENT

billybobteanut
03-12-2015, 04:04 PM
'MERIKA YEA!!!!

warbladejm
03-13-2015, 05:59 PM
I'm now officially registered for Bellevue

Garymac
03-13-2015, 06:48 PM
...Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here" Captain John Parker, Lexington Militia, Lexington Green morning of April 19th 1775

Garymac
03-15-2015, 08:14 AM
I'm now officially registered for Bellevue

Way to go warbladejm!

Garymac
03-16-2015, 09:37 AM
No, not that Sturgis, Sturgis Michigan. You can even ride your cycle if you want, it's a lot closer than South Dakota.

If you can't make the Patriot Day shoots, we have a regular Appleseed event in Sturgis on April 11-12.

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=MI&statename=Michigan

Garymac
03-19-2015, 10:19 AM
...Isaac Davis, Captain of the Acton Minutemen only words to his wife Hanna before marching off to Concord to meet the British Regulars at the north bridge. With those words Hanna's heart jumped fearing she would never see him alive again.

Hear the full story of April 19th, 1775 at an Appleseed near you.

jasomx6
03-28-2015, 08:52 AM
If I have never attended an appleseed event weekend woud I be better off coming alone to check it out, bring my ten year old nephew and just be a spectator, or bring anyone interested and everyone including myself shoot?? Everyone coming has basic gun safety and some shooting experience and love for shooting, including my nephew. WOULD LOVE to bring him if I can pry him away from his busy schedule, LOL.

Garymac
03-29-2015, 07:21 PM
If I have never attended an appleseed event weekend woud I be better off coming alone to check it out, bring my ten year old nephew and just be a spectator, or bring anyone interested and everyone including myself shoot?? Everyone coming has basic gun safety and some shooting experience and love for shooting, including my nephew. WOULD LOVE to bring him if I can pry him away from his busy schedule, LOL.

Appleseed is very much a hands on, everybody participates kind of thing. It is something that everyone who sees it wants to do it. So yes, bring the nephew and everyone else to do it, not just watch. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Oz1
03-30-2015, 08:42 AM
Appleseed is very much a hands on, everybody participates kind of thing. It is something that everyone who sees it wants to do it. So yes, bring the nephew and everyone else to do it, not just watch. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

+1. jasomx6, when I went to my first Appleseed, I brought my then-11-year-old daughter, and had the same questions. It seemed like a big commitment, a whole weekend: should I go and watch one first, should I go by myself first? I trusted the fellow who invited me and dived right in with her. We both had a great time--at the end of the first day, we got in the car to go home and she said "Dad, we need to get involved in this." And we did! Appleseed instructors take a lot of pride in meeting students where they are, no matter their previous experience, age or skill level, and I've seen everyone from complete new shooters who had literally never fired a shot to national-level competitive shooters. It is also an extremely safe shooting environment. Definitely bring anyone interested!

dragonGTR
03-30-2015, 10:08 AM
Nvm, found the info I was looking for. I'll be registering for Fenton later today.

Oz1
03-30-2015, 10:37 AM
What kind of rifles are allowed? Looked at the sight and see no mention of specific types. Does that mean sks, ak, AR-15, etc are all good to go as long as the range allows it?

Yes--max. caliber 8mm, plus any local range rules. Most students will be most comfortable with a semi-auto rifle with a detachable magazine but folks run bolt-action, lever-action, tube-fed--you can use anything and will learn. The semi-auto and mag are convenient for some teaching points and on the "test"--the AQT, which is derived from WWII-era qualfication tests but these tests were originally shot with M1903 Springfields so clearly a boltie with chargers / "stripper clips" worked! (You'll develop some extra skills!)

Appleseed teaches how to make good use of a shooting sling--a sling that can be used in a loop configuration (like a GI "M1" web sling--much less expensive than a M1907 sling) is highly encouraged. There are often loaner slings available--if you have sling swivels (better yet, 1-1/4" swivels) installed all the better but we can usually create temporary attachments points.

If you have questions about a specific event, go on the Appleseed forum (you'll need to create a username to post) and post a question on the Michigan state board and an instructor (usually the shoot boss) affiliated with that particular event will be happy to work with you on any local rifle restrictions, if loaner equipment is available, etc.

PS. If you use the SKS, having rounds on chargers will come in handy!

dragonGTR
03-30-2015, 10:41 AM
It will depends on what I can get 10 rnd mags for cheaper. Sks or ar-15. Unless I can find ammo and actually buy a 22lr

Oz1
03-30-2015, 11:18 AM
It will depends on what I can get 10 rnd mags for cheaper. Sks or ar-15. Unless I can find ammo and actually buy a 22lr

Roger that. Worth checking with the instructors--sometimes they have .22 they are willing to sell if a student can't find it. Shooting 400+ rounds for the weekend, you can pay for a .22 rifle with the savings. (Although it is nice to hear centerfires on the line!)

Garymac
03-30-2015, 03:43 PM

Don't necessarily have to have 10 round mags, just something that holds a minimum of 10 rounds or combination of 10 rounds. We shoot 5 round strings and combinations of 2 rounds and 8 rounds and 10 rounds. So if you have something more than 10 rounds you can just load 2, 5, 8 or 10 in it as needed. But you will need a minimum of 2 mags for the reload stages of fire and to at least be able to shoot 10 rounds.

As Oz1 said, if you let the shootboss (email at bottom of registration) know ahead of time, they might have ammo to sell and/or mags/rifles etc to loan. Or PM either me or Oz1

dragonGTR
03-30-2015, 09:40 PM
I'm registered working on a few of my friends

Garymac
04-01-2015, 10:54 AM
I'm registered working on a few of my friends

Great, the more the merrier. It really is a lot of fun and is quite challenging besides.

Dziadek
04-11-2015, 01:21 PM
Registered for Fenton today.

I don't know if it went through. I tried to pay using Paypal, but my browser locked up. Can you tell me if you got a reservation for me.

Oz1
04-11-2015, 02:33 PM
Registered for Fenton today.

I don't know if it went through. I tried to pay using Paypal, but my browser locked up. Can you tell me if you got a reservation for me.

PM incoming

Dziadek
04-11-2015, 10:34 PM
Didn't show up on my Paypal acct, so I tried again. Voila! I am in. I can't wait.

Dziadek
04-17-2015, 12:49 PM
Thanks to the generosity of another shooter I am now in possession of enough .22 (at 6 cents a round) and I also picked up a small vial of Unicorn tears.

Is it tomorrow, yet?

Draken
04-17-2015, 01:03 PM
I WILL get my wife to one of these this year.

dragonGTR
04-17-2015, 01:11 PM
Unfortunately I can't make Fenton this weekend due to family issues. I will be rescheduling for the next event. Very disappointed as I have been looking forward to this all month.

Awesome Customer service at RVWA by the way. Within 15 minutes of emailing them I got a response with instructions on how to register for the next event.

StacieStockman
04-18-2015, 05:25 PM
Kirby Foster is a good man. Dealt with him before.

Dziadek
04-20-2015, 08:24 AM
I posted this at the AAR, but wanted it here for those, from here, who missed out.

I am not much of a joiner. It takes me a while too see what people are about before I join anything. Guns and history are like peanut butter for this mouse.

I truly was drinking from a firehose this weekend. I took copious notes on the instruction. There was so much that I will need weeks to integrate it, I am sure. My last formal rifle instruction was compliments of the BSA in 1980. There have been 35 years of decay since then.

My first order of business after returning home was to grab a burger and a beer at my local watering hole. I sat with my notebook and thought about what I had learned. Then I started texting friends that NEED this.

I didn't make Rifleman, but... I'll be back.

Garymac
04-20-2015, 10:59 AM
I posted this at the AAR, but wanted it here for those, from here, who missed out.

I am not much of a joiner. It takes me a while too see what people are about before I join anything. Guns and history are like peanut butter for this mouse.

I truly was drinking from a firehose this weekend. I took copious notes on the instruction. There was so much that I will need weeks to integrate it, I am sure. My last formal rifle instruction was compliments of the BSA in 1980. There have been 35 years of decay since then.

My first order of business after returning home was to grab a burger and a beer at my local watering hole. I sat with my notebook and thought about what I had learned. Then I started texting friends that NEED this.

Glad you had a good time and sorry I wasn't there to meet you. I had two other history presentations to give this weekend in different parts of the state so I couldn't teach at this shoot. Hope to meet you at a future Appleseed when you bring back others.

Mouse08
04-20-2015, 07:28 PM

Glad to hear that. Riflemen are persistent. In general, it takes three Appleseeds to shoots to shoot a rifleman score. Stick with it!