PDA

View Full Version : opening day nov 15th weather forcast.

huntmeister
11-11-2008, 06:36 PM
supposed to rain on the 12th, 13th and 14th

full moon on the 13th

The 15th
Daytime
High: 42 °F RealFeel®: 33 °F
Cloudy, windy and colder with snow showers possible

Nighttime
Low: 30 °F RealFeel®: 22 °F
Considerable cloudiness with a couple of showers, ending before temperatures fall below freezing

Diabolus
11-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Where ya hunting?

I'll be in southwest MI, supposed to rain there as well.

huntmeister
11-11-2008, 07:30 PM
northwest corner of lenawee county, south east mi.

Dedpoet
11-12-2008, 09:15 AM
I'm not a hunter, but lots of friends and coworkers are. Wasn't it 60 degrees last year on opening day? I seem to recall most people not getting anything because the deer weren't even moving.

Garbo
11-12-2008, 09:19 AM
If I remember right in Harrison we has about 3 inches of snow on the 14th and by the end if the day on the 15th it all melted.

who dat
11-12-2008, 10:07 AM
supposed to rain on the 12th, 13th and 14th

full moon on the 13th

The 15th
Daytime
High: 42 °F RealFeelŪ: 33 °F
Cloudy, windy and colder with snow showers possible

Nighttime
Low: 30 °F RealFeelŪ: 22 °F
Considerable cloudiness with a couple of showers, ending before temperatures fall below freezing
I bet you're excited. You sound like a kid at Christmas!!

CJFirefly
11-13-2008, 12:06 AM
I'll be in Kalkaska. First time deer hunting since I was 12. I'm prepared for ****** weather.

Armed citizen
11-13-2008, 03:33 AM
I'll be in Comins, just checked the weather and looks like rain/snow mix for Saturday and snow on Sunday. Highs in the upper 30's lows at night in the
20's. Gotta love it, can't wait. :bounce2:

Phelptwan
11-13-2008, 08:36 AM
I'll be in Wexford county, good hunting all.

I never did figure out if it was legal to CCW while hunting on state land though.

cliffd
11-13-2008, 08:45 AM
I'll be in Wexford county, good hunting all.

I never did figure out if it was legal to CCW while hunting on state land though.

Yes, it is perfectly legal.

huntmeister
11-13-2008, 08:47 AM
I bet you're excited. You sound like a kid at Christmas!!

Oh yeah!! I'll be in my stand about an hour before sunrise, I have only missed one deer season since I was 14, im 35 now, and that was becasue I was in the navy and on med cruise, I used to take my leave to come home for deer season,instead of the holidays. if that tells you how much of a hunting fanatic I am.

I have seen some small 6 to 7 point bucks around during bow season, and know of one big one who should head towards my stand in the swamp to bed down when the sun comes up.

bow season is different then opening day it is a michigan holiday I took the whole week off.

ezekial
11-13-2008, 10:49 AM
Diabolus...

You said you'll be hunting in SW Michigan? Where do you live? I live in Buchanan and work in St. Joseph.

Glen

jasnake65
11-13-2008, 11:47 AM
Good luck to ALL!!! Get the big one, I know I'll be out in the woods

7.62 Nato
11-13-2008, 12:21 PM
I haven't been out in the woods for the past 3-4 years now due to back problems. Haven't had the bikes out in 6 yrs. ! Have to settle for punching varmints on paper for now.

I'd like to wish everyone a safe and fun hunting season. And if you fill your tags, even better !

CJFirefly
11-13-2008, 02:45 PM
Hey guys I got a question for you. Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm going hunting this weekend for the first time in a long time.

I probably won't even see a dang deer, but if I do is it best to shoot it just above and back of their front leg? I guess that would be called a shoulder but am not sure. If I remember correctly on paper targets of deer that area was considered the vitals.

What if the deer isn't broadside to you but head on, and it doesn't turn? Should you not shoot it then?

7.62 Nato
11-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Hey guys I got a question for you. Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm going hunting this weekend for the first time in a long time.

I probably won't even see a dang deer, but if I do is it best to shoot it just above and back of their front leg? I guess that would be called a shoulder but am not sure. If I remember correctly on paper targets of deer that area was considered the vitals.

What if the deer isn't broadside to you but head on, and it doesn't turn? Should you not shoot it then?

Yeah, that's the general area of the vitals ( heart, lung ). You want a clean kill, so I wouldn't suggest anything other that a broadside shot. If it's quartering to or away from you, then you have to adjust your shot accordingly.

Good luck !

russianblood
11-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Where I hunt:

Saturday
11/15/2008

Frozen Mix
Hi: 42°
Rain showers likely through late afternoon...then rain and snow showers likely. Little or no snow accumulation expected. Otherwise cloudy. Temperatures remaining steady around 41 early...then falling to around 36. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph...with gusts to 30 mph. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.
40% Chance Snow Shower
Lo: 27°
Cloudy and brisk. A chance of snow showers. Lows 26 to 30. Chance of snow 40 percent.

pirateofmtu
11-13-2008, 04:30 PM
Ha for Houghton its a high of 32(feels like temp is20) and snow all day. with a Possible blizzard moving in during the night.

remingtondude58
11-15-2008, 08:24 PM
It was cold and wet all day but I got a 3 pt this morning. When I saw his face I noticed a wound I thought he got it in a fight with another buck but when I pulled it out it was the 4-5 inches of the back of a arrow. I then noticed a wound on the opposite side of his head. He had a arrow go through his head and lived...Till this morning!