PDA

View Full Version : easton a/c/c series dq 3-39/440

ken watson
03-28-2015, 08:38 PM
deleted

Jonnysea
03-29-2015, 09:31 AM
Only one way to find out! Shoot them and see how they compare. Also realize there is a big difference between all carbon and carbon composite arrows. Composite is much heavier. they are generally fiberglass with a thin carbon coating. You should also look for some all carbon arrows and see how your bow handles them. I hunt with a crossbow and use all carbon arrows. I once shot one of my father in laws composites through it and had about a 10" drop at 20 yards.

Atchison
04-01-2015, 10:32 AM
Only one way to find out! Shoot them and see how they compare. Also realize there is a big difference between all carbon and carbon composite arrows. Composite is much heavier. they are generally fiberglass with a thin carbon coating. You should also look for some all carbon arrows and see how your bow handles them. I hunt with a crossbow and use all carbon arrows. I once shot one of my father in laws composites through it and had about a 10" drop at 20 yards.

10" at 20 yards has nothing to do with weight but flight of the arrow/spline and how straight they fly.

You need arrows for your setup.

Original Question - The ACC arrows you have are 440 spline meaning they are a weaker less stiff arrow compared to anything out of crossbow or a modern higher poundage bow. Given the 35" and 27" draw you provide though, they are correct for your setup. A 340 or 300 spline arrow will not fly straight out of your setup due to being too stiff, same goes if you shot a 440 out of my 65#/29.5" modern compound, the weaker spline would actually bend in flight.

Try them and see, you can take them to an actual archery shop and they can tell you a good idea for point weight and make sure ALL your arrows are the right length overall for you setup (importan), but rest assured they will fly and hit slightly different than your easton x7 arrows and you won't be able to shoot and group them together because of things like weight/spline/etc but each type should group well with the other of the same type.