PDA

View Full Version : Deer hunters (Saginaw County prefered); Land? Partner?

Hockey9019
11-15-2008, 06:20 PM
I've hunted behind my fiancees parents house all day today and for the first time I saw 9 does. Problem is, you better have a good shot to get through all the trees/not hit anything. (Chesaning/Maple Grove)

Where I hunted last year, they sold the land and the new land owner isn't hunter friendly other then who he has given direct permission to. He says its a liability thing. Whatever cool fine you know.

I went up to St Charles today and asked about hunting state land (Never have and am new to hunting in general compared to most). They told me I needed to fill out an application a while ago and I can't (even if I pay the land use fee?)

So all I have is a buck tag (no doe permits left in Saginaw County for a while I guess)

I have a muzzle loader so I don't have to worry about the whole shotgun/rifle line deal.

Was wondering if anyone here has an extra spot on their land/looking for a buddy to go hunt with. Hell, I'll even buy dinner or give you some $$$ if you let me tag along. If I get anything I'll give a share of it if you really want. Just show me how to clean it and do all the fun stuff.

I have my own gun, ground blind, all the needed stuff

Stupid question but does my "buck tag" license only allow me for Saginaw County or can I use that anywhere in Michigan? I know doe permits go by county.

Anyway if anyone wants to, feel free to PM me. Really don't have anyone I can go with...

Hockey9019
11-15-2008, 06:29 PM
oops had no idea we had a hunting section

:o

KayL
11-15-2008, 08:42 PM
Moved to hunting section. mod

Done Deal
11-15-2008, 09:06 PM
Stupid question but does my "buck tag" license only allow me for Saginaw County or can I use that anywhere in Michigan?

Your buck license is good anywhere.

thumbody
11-16-2008, 01:50 AM
I went up to St Charles today and asked about hunting state land (Never have and am new to hunting in general compared to most). They told me I needed to fill out an application a while ago and I can't (even if I pay the land use fee?)

Is this some new rule?
As far as I know no application is needed for hunting. If you are going to camp on state game and you may need a permit but I have never heard of needing a permit for hunting.

Hockey9019
11-16-2008, 02:27 AM
Is this some new rule?
As far as I know no application is needed for hunting. If you are going to camp on state game and you may need a permit but I have never heard of needing a permit for hunting.

I have no idea the kids were saying that though so I'm not sure

I know you have to pay a land use fee but thats like $4 or something reasonable....

I saw does...nice does...

But nice does came around because nice does knew I couldn't legally take em `

Johnson16
11-16-2008, 05:41 AM
But nice does came around because nice does knew I couldn't legally take em `

Aint that the truth. In years passed I always passed up the doe thinking I will take them after I whack a buck. Course on more than one occasion there I sat freezing to death in a tree the last week of Dec. with an empty freezer.

JohnT
11-16-2008, 06:21 AM
Have you seen all the state land in Marian Springs open to anyone only a few miles west of Chesaning? Mile after mile posted OPEN to hunting. Lots of deer and a lot of hunters.

Hockey9019
11-16-2008, 01:10 PM
Have you seen all the state land in Marian Springs open to anyone only a few miles west of Chesaning? Mile after mile posted OPEN to hunting. Lots of deer and a lot of hunters.

I heard about it but really don't want to go out there alone because I have no idea about the area thats the problem :o

Joeywhat
11-16-2008, 01:17 PM
Every time I've hunted deer I've seen at least a dozen or so does. Often all in a group of 6 or so. Never did I have a doe license.

But the one year I DID get one? Didn't see ANYTHING. They can smell those doe licenses....and if they don't, they're going to be real friendly and make sure you know they're there just to taunt you :coocoo:

Hockey9019
11-21-2008, 12:45 AM
Going out to Marion this weekend hopefully with a fellow coworker medic buddy of mine. If anyone wants to meet up let me know

Rolex Dr.
11-21-2008, 01:03 PM
i hunt 6 miles south of the gratiot saginaw state game area on private land

just south of the rifle border
but anyways there is a ton of public land in that state game area and a ton of deer up there

i hunt it 1-2 times a year just to take the rifle out and always see deer but never have had a doe permit (it is a application and i dont get drawen)

but i know my uncle shoots one up there every year with his bow

and its never been same spot 2 times

its not to far from you just head west on 57 snd stop in at the DNR station and grab a map