PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Letter from MOC - Clio K 12 Lawsuit Donation

Pyzik
04-13-2015, 08:35 PM
"Dear fellow freedom fighters,

On behalf of the members of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. and our Board of Directors, I would like to thank you for the donation of $1,500 from “Michigan Gun Owners” to the Clio K12 lawsuit legal fund. As you know, we are fighting a battle that will define preemption in Michigan for years and perhaps decades to come.

The outcome of this case, if favorable, will help set a more positive public policy for all Michigan residents who choose to carry a firearm to protect themselves. Preemption benefits all of us: open carriers and concealed carriers.

As you may know, this fight has its roots in 1990, with the passing of MCL 123.1102 - a law that established firearm preemption in Michigan. In 2003, state firearm preemption was put to the test in a lawsuit against Ferndale. Earlier this decade, Michigan Open Carry, Inc. successfully defended itself and all gun owners in a lawsuit prosecuted by the Capital Area District Library (CADL), who sought to ban guns in a publicly “authority” owned library system. In the CADL case, the State Court of Appeals expressly ruled the State Legislature had “occupied the field” of firearm regulation, to the exclusion of all other local governments - a concept called “field preemption”. With MOC v. Clio Area Schools we hope to reaffirm, expand, and clarify the recognition of the rights of every person in Michigan who chooses to carry/own a firearm.

The $1,500 donation from MGO, the largest single donation received for the fund to*date, will be a huge contribution to the success of this lawsuit.

Your brother in Liberty,

Phillip Hofmeister"

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/13/d1391f9b115302000e28544666dc997b.jpg

TheQ
04-14-2015, 12:03 PM
Thank you, MGO BoD and members!

mikeb32
04-14-2015, 01:45 PM
Thank you, MGO BoD and members!

That's what its all about. We may differ on a few of our ideas, but we are all in pursuit of fulfilling the same Goals!

Magnum Man
04-15-2015, 08:17 AM
Freadom? Is that a typo or is there some significance to that?

Pyzik
04-15-2015, 08:59 AM
Freadom? Is that a typo or is there some significance to that?
Typo on my part. It was all done from my phone, while about to fall asleep. Haha.
Editing OP now.