PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Handgun Maintenance Class

RogueLeader
04-27-2015, 08:36 PM
The MGO BOD has approved sponsoring a pilot handgun maintenance class to be held at the Dremmer Center at MSU, in Lansing MI, on May 2nd, from 4pm to 7pm. (class outline below)

MGO will be sponsoring up to 10 students for the class. As part of the class, students will be asked to provide feedback on the class.

The first spots will be held open for MGO members, but I am also going to ask for volunteers from our forum members and/or guest.

If you are intestested in the class, please send me a PM and I will place you on my list(if you are bring a guest, please let me know that also).

On Thursday, I will let you know if you have a spot on Saturday evening.

The purpose of the pilot is to see if further classes like this are justified in the future, and also to look at developing our own to conduct for the public, where MGO would secure a location for the class and MGO members would volunteer to teach the class.

Here is an outline of the class:

All guns will be first inspected on the range to maker sure they are not loaded;
Class will begin with a brief intro, possibly using the Glock cut away to demonstrate how a pistol functions, and including the why and when to clean the gun.
Demonstration on how to field strip a simple pistol and a simple revolver.
A short discussion on different materials available ( different solvents, oils, brushes etc) and the necessity to wear gloves and work in well vented area.
Demonstrate proper cleaning tech. Then have them all clean their own guns, with assistance if needed.

Cocowheats
04-28-2015, 11:39 PM
Demmer, not dremmer. I'm only correcting you in case somebody wants to look the place up...it is a nice facility.

Mr. Waverly
04-30-2015, 03:59 PM
Cocowheats, thanks for the clarification; this will make the center easier for everyone to find.

As an FYI, I received some samples of Slip 2000 today; for the first 10 participants, I will have a 2 oz bottle of 725 Gun Cleaner/Degreaser, and a sample bottle of EWL. It's not much, but it will get you started.

I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Mr. Waverly