11-22-2008, 06:06 PM
Browning A-Bolt 30-06 with dirt in the barrel = Kaboom

rRKP1OkR1fA

Maranatha
11-22-2008, 06:19 PM
how can you get that on a DVD, it would be great for Hunters Safety

Made_in_Michigan
11-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Lucky to still have his head attached... WHEW!

Hockey9019
11-22-2008, 07:40 PM
Wow, today I noticed my muzzle loader had dirt clogging the barrel and luckily I noticed it before it was too late. I was wondering too what would really happen if I would have shot it...

Thats why I dislike hunting on soft ground...

Hockey9019
11-22-2008, 07:42 PM
Wait a minute, how do you know this was caused by dirt in the barrel? I watched the video, and really, would dirt cause it to split like that?

Also there is nothing on the actual description or comments with it mentioning it...

Either way scary stuff

Edit---nevermind I'm an idiot I see where he says it.

Joeywhat
11-22-2008, 07:47 PM
Seems like you'd have to be pretty careless to get that much dirt in the barrel, too...did he jam the thing into the ground barrel first to go take a piss or something?

Made_in_Michigan
11-22-2008, 07:57 PM
Seems like you'd have to be pretty careless to get that much dirt in the barrel, too...did he jam the thing into the ground barrel first to go take a piss or something?

A few rain drips fall off his hat & Hand as he's lining up for the shot, I would imagine it was mud packed rather than a little dirt...

I can remember being told that since I could hold a gun. I can't imagine it even happening to me honestly.

jay
11-22-2008, 10:54 PM
My "brain surgeon" brother went rabbit hunting with my rem 1100 about 8 years ago and managed to stick the barrel into a snowbank. Light powdery fluffy little snowbank. A minute later he pulls the trigger on some #6 light loads at a rabbit and boom! Barrel split into four pieces about 6 inches down from the muzzel. He no longer uses my firearms but a little snow and it explodes so I can imagine dirt would be worse.

RifleGuy
11-23-2008, 07:07 AM
Wow, today I noticed my muzzle loader had dirt clogging the barrel and luckily I noticed it before it was too late. I was wondering too what would really happen if I would have shot it...

Thats why I dislike hunting on soft ground...
Respectfully, how does one stuff a muzzle full of dirt/mud? I've been hunting for longer than I care to admit, but have never had occassion to remove dirt/mud from my barrel.
If you don't carry "muzzle up" for fear of rain/snow getting in the barrel, a piece of electrical tape, a balloon or condom, or a vinyl automotive vacuum cap all will protect the barrel from intrusion and blow off harmlessly when the weapon is fired. The effect on practical accuracy in most hunting situations will be negligible, and the protector can be rapidly removed for a long shot.

Hockey9019
11-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Respectfully, how does one stuff a muzzle full of dirt/mud? I've been hunting for longer than I care to admit, but have never had occassion to remove dirt/mud from my barrel.
If you don't carry "muzzle up" for fear of rain/snow getting in the barrel, a piece of electrical tape, a balloon or condom, or a vinyl automotive vacuum cap all will protect the barrel from intrusion and blow off harmlessly when the weapon is fired. The effect on practical accuracy in most hunting situations will be negligible, and the protector can be rapidly removed for a long shot.

I was out in Marion Springs and I set my gun down to adjust my blind (my blind needed to be re-anchored since the wind kept lifting the crap stakes out of the ground)

Well when I did that I must have dipped it muzzle down into the dirt somewhat and the electrical tape I had on it came off somehow.

I usually set it up against a tree but where I was at the trees were not really sturdy to put my gun up against.

It wasn't "stuffed" full of dirt. Just covered the opening. So I took the 209 out and cleared it out and cleaned it
Oh well learning lessons...