PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Scope Rings

golwise
05-17-2015, 11:08 PM
I purchased a Sako Finnwolf a few years ago and am now just getting around to scoping it. When I bought the rifle, it had rings attached but no scope. I didn't pay much attention to the rings except that they were attached to tapered bases and the bases were attached to the receiver.

Now, when I look closer I see that each ring has two tightening screws on the left side but none on the right side; the rings are not split. How do I get a scope into these rings? I once had an old Lyman Alaskan (7/8" tube) which came with none removable non-split rings and was told that it came from Lyman that way. Well, these rings do not have a scope in them, and I want one in them! Any ideas?

Good Old Lenny

Ol` Joe
05-18-2015, 07:25 AM
Weavers?

DTruck
05-18-2015, 09:14 AM
Pics? Or just google something similar, and put the link here.
The Sako Finnwolf has a scope base on it that you may have to remove first.

10x25mm
05-21-2015, 01:42 PM
Conetrol? Conetrol rings are finished after assembly and you often cannot see the cap line without really good light.

langenc
05-25-2015, 07:38 AM
Conetrols have a very fine line as the poster above noted.

golwise
06-01-2015, 08:36 PM
I have a couple of sets of Conetrols (which, by the way are, like Talleys, over rated and over priced) and these are not Conetrols,

I took the rings and gun to a local custom rifle builder and he told me that, "back in the day" when scopes were not gas filled, if the objective was "tube diameter" the ocular was removed and the rings slipped on. I'm not convinced.

I think I'll go in a different direction and get rid of this pair (with apologies to Bruce Jenner).

Thanks.