PDA

View Full Version : RMR Mounting and Removal Issues

RMR
06-24-2015, 10:42 PM
I've got an RMR that's giving me a spot of trouble. The dot keeps disappearing--same old story with the RM06--and I'm going to be sending it in to Trijicon. Unfortunately, I can't get the frakking thing off my slide. It was mounted by ATEi, and the machining/mounting is top rate. The thing is, it's mounted so well that after taking the screws out I can't budge the thing off the slide. I mean, there's no movement at all. Pull straight up, push back/pull up, push forward/pull up, pull up in the front, pull up in the back....nothing is getting it off.

Is there a trick or technique for removing ATEi mounted RMRs?

xmanhockey7
06-24-2015, 10:57 PM
Contact Doug at ATEI. I bet he could give you an answer.

RMR
06-25-2015, 12:54 AM
Calling them is on my list tomorrow. I was just hoping someone here knew the secret handshake.

Mia'sUncle
06-25-2015, 04:56 AM
Plastic mallet.

RMR
06-25-2015, 07:15 PM
Plastic mallet.

That was the ticket. 30 seconds carefully tapping it and it was off. That gave me a chance to appreciate the detailed work Doug did on the slide. Absolutely outstanding machining and attention to detail.

I did call today, and spoke to a lovely young woman who was more than helpful and very polite. ATEi will definitely be getting more work from me, both RMRs and slide serrations.

Mia'sUncle
06-26-2015, 03:59 AM
Yeah, they aren't delicate. A good tap or two and you win. Glad to hear.

JDG
06-26-2015, 05:13 AM
Yeah, they aren't delicate. A good tap or two and you win. Glad to hear.

It sounds like the stuff inside might be....

Mia'sUncle
06-26-2015, 06:58 AM
No, it's just the battery connection. From what I understand, you clean it up and bend it out for a more positive connection and they're good to go. Those things get smashed on and continue to run.

Just some sort of factory flaw. Fixable but a flaw. The fiber optic / tritium rmr looks more promising.

They aren't delicate.

sparkman10mm
06-29-2015, 08:50 AM
I've got an RMR that's giving me a spot of trouble. The dot keeps disappearing--same old story with the RM06--and I'm going to be sending it in to Trijicon. Unfortunately, I can't get the frakking thing off my slide. It was mounted by ATEi, and the machining/mounting is top rate. The thing is, it's mounted so well that after taking the screws out I can't budge the thing off the slide. I mean, there's no movement at all. Pull straight up, push back/pull up, push forward/pull up, pull up in the front, pull up in the back....nothing is getting it off.

Is there a trick or technique for removing ATEi mounted RMRs?

Are you using the thin shim under between the RMR and slide?

Ruger
06-29-2015, 09:43 AM
Do not use a hammer or anything on it until you talk to Doug! There may be a bit of locktite on it...or not....I'd wait for his advise....

I think we may have met out at Doug's place a few years ago....we were both getting drop in sear work done.

Roundballer
06-29-2015, 11:29 AM
Do not use a hammer or anything on it until you talk to Doug! There may be a bit of locktite on it...or not....I'd wait for his advise....

I think we may have met out at Doug's place a few years ago....we were both getting drop in sear work done.

Just with logical evaluation, I doubt that this is reasonable. He only has 4 posts, three in this thread, and an "introduction".

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?332084-Howdy&p=2627831&highlight=#post2627831

That says he is from "Philly". Doug appears to do this kind of work for people all over the US.

Ruger
06-29-2015, 01:32 PM
Just with logical evaluation, I doubt that this is reasonable. He only has 4 posts, three in this thread, and an "introduction".

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?332084-Howdy&p=2627831&highlight=#post2627831

That says he is from "Philly". Doug appears to do this kind of work for people all over the US.

Back to your station Mr. Spock! We now return you to your regularly scheduled program. :slap:

sparkman10mm
06-29-2015, 05:57 PM

Were you referring to me or OP?
IF me,,,,Yes we did...

Ruger
06-29-2015, 08:05 PM
Were you referring to me or OP?
IF me,,,,Yes we did...

I was, but I didn't quote the right post so Commander Spock 35186 (AKA the stalker) found it necessary to interject his "Logical" opinion. Live long and prosper...

Roundballer
06-29-2015, 10:13 PM
I don't stalk anybody.

But I do read EVERYTHING except the market place. So if you "gaff", I most likely will see it.

If you say something ignorant, or you have a mis-attributed quote as a sig line, I don't feel any need to restrain myself from pointing it out.

If an individual thinks that I pay them too much attention, it is more likely they post that many things that catch my attention. If it is uncomfortable, pay attention to what is posted.

sparkman10mm
06-30-2015, 07:13 AM
I was, but I didn't quote the right post so Commander Spock 35186 (AKA the stalker) found it necessary to interject his "Logical" opinion. Live long and prosper...

Copy that...Live long and prosper my friend!

Ruger
06-30-2015, 07:50 AM
I don't stalk anybody.

But I do read EVERYTHING except the market place. So if you "gaff", I most likely will see it.

If you say something ignorant, or you have a mis-attributed quote as a sig line, I don't feel any need to restrain myself from pointing it out.

If an individual thinks that I pay them too much attention, it is more likely they post that many things that catch my attention. If it is uncomfortable, pay attention to what is posted.

Nope! I'm pretty sure you're a stalker! :gossip: