PDA

View Full Version : MGO/MOC Joint Dinner- Sept 22nd 630-830pm- Franks Restaurant Ann Arbor

dmd7765
09-15-2015, 10:30 AM
EDIT LOCATION & DATE CHANGE

TBA

This is a rescheduling of a dinner that we had to cancel after the owner of the previous location was harassed and threatened by local residents. We were told that members UofM and AAPS were involved, and some even fraudulently claimed to be a part of MOC.

We will not stand for nor back down against this display of bigotry. Instead, we are now partnering with Michigan Gun Owners to produce an even larger showing. Tony, the owner of Frank’s Restaurant has agreed to open their doors at a special time (6pm) to accommodate MOC, MGO and our supporters.

As you may or may not know, both MOC and MGO are currently engaged in lawsuits against school districts with unlawful policies, with MGO currently suing AAPS. If you have a few extra dollars in your wallet, please consider a donation. We will have a donation jar available which will go towards supporting the two lawsuits.

This event is the perfect opportunity for you to show your support of the hard work MOC and MGO have put in to protect your right to carry at your children's schools. At the same time you will be supporting a proud business owner who is willing to host us and open his business up to potential harassment. Let's fill his restaurant as a heartfelt thank you.

Tallbear
09-15-2015, 12:36 PM
I plan on being there.

dmd7765
09-15-2015, 12:37 PM
Me Too

mikeb32
09-15-2015, 01:29 PM
In Reading the FB announcement is says the event runs from 3:30 p.m. til 5:30 p.m. in the letter it says he is opening at 6:00 p.m. to accommodate us, is it just me reading this wrong?

PhotoTom
09-15-2015, 01:51 PM
In Reading the FB announcement is says the event runs from 3:30 p.m. til 5:30 p.m. in the letter it says he is opening at 6:00 p.m. to accommodate us, is it just me reading this wrong?

I don't see that…but I see on FB it runs from 6:30pm to 8:30pm next Tuesday, 9/22/2015…(do you have your timezone set to California or something? LOL!)

I also see this:

My name is John Counts and I'm a reporter at The Ann Arbor News. I hear Franks may not be hosting the lunch now. Would someone please contact me via email at johncounts@mlive.com this evening to clarify?

dmd7765
09-15-2015, 01:58 PM
There is going to be a location change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricebrnr
09-15-2015, 03:25 PM
Old info, disregard

bigt8261
09-15-2015, 04:39 PM
Tony, the owner of Franks, called MOC back and said that he couldn't round up the staff for the event. I'm not sure why he would commit to something before checking with his staff, but he did. MOC is now waiting to hear back from a few other places.

PhotoTom
09-15-2015, 07:13 PM
Tony, the owner of Franks, called MOC back and said that he couldn't round up the staff for the event. I'm not sure why he would commit to something before checking with his staff, but he did. MOC is now waiting to hear back from a few other places.

He misunderstood "The right to bear arms"…

He thought they said "The right to bare arms" and figured it was still warm out, so….

:lol:

dmd7765
09-18-2015, 05:10 PM
Event cancelled at this location, posted new rescheduled event