PDA

View Full Version : hunting on Wildlife/Game areas?

pustulio
09-20-2015, 07:04 PM
Greetings,

I just recently completed hunter's safety and I am now obviously the best hunter on earth... I'm looking around for places to hunt since I'm too close to the nearest structure (neighbor) and only have an acre of land. I found there is a Wildlife/Game area just about 2 miles down the road from me. It SOUNDS like this is public hunting land, but I wanted to be sure that is what these areas are set aside for.

Any advice or recommendations for a first time hunter are appreciated as well :) Thx

hunterspirit
09-20-2015, 07:16 PM
What wildlife /game area are you thinking of?
Some are for hunting and some are for wildlife to rest peaceful away from hunting pressure

Game= hunt
Wildlife = rest, I think that 's a generalization

pustulio
09-20-2015, 08:07 PM
What wildlife /game area are you thinking of?
Some are for hunting and some are for wildlife to rest peaceful away from hunting pressure

Game= hunt
Wildlife = rest, I think that 's a generalization

I've looked at a few of them, and also some of the HAP land. The particular one I saw near me was the eaton township state game area.

Thx

wrinkledshirt
09-20-2015, 08:21 PM
Google mi-hunt it's a site run by the dnr. It will show you all lands open to public hunting. It's like google maps, but clunkier.

pustulio
09-20-2015, 09:34 PM
Google mi-hunt it's a site run by the dnr. It will show you all lands open to public hunting. It's like google maps, but clunkier.

Thx, checked it out and it shows the area I was thinking of heading under the open to hunting heading.

hunterspirit
09-21-2015, 06:10 AM
The pesky tree rats should be in full activity mode, a little hard to see with the leaves though

pustulio
09-21-2015, 07:28 PM
The pesky tree rats should be in full activity mode, a little hard to see with the leaves though

squirrels? I never really considered giving squirrel hunting a try. That might be a good place to start, aye? Squirrel is year-round with a base license right?

hunterspirit
09-21-2015, 08:10 PM
Negative ,season is 9-15 to?

pustulio
09-21-2015, 08:26 PM
Negative ,season is 9-15 to?

Found it

September 15 - March 1

Thx :)

pustulio
09-21-2015, 09:29 PM
I can just go to Meijer or Walmart or something to get a license right? Is there any point in shopping around or are the prices already set by DNR?

Roundballer
09-21-2015, 10:11 PM
Prices are set by the DNR, but occasionally you will find a store that will "subsidize" the cost of a license to bring you into their store to buy hunting supplies.