PDA

View Full Version : EOTECH refunding full purchase price on pretty much ALL optics.

kdogg
12-11-2015, 12:30 AM
I didn't see a thread here about this. Wondering if everyone knows EOTECH is refunding the full price for ALL of their optics. People are reporting even getting full MSRP for optics 5+ years and older.

This is due to the current Govt lawsuit.

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/09/30/ussocom-issues-safety-use-message-eotech-enhanced-combat-optical-sights-plus-goings/

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/12/08/l3-communications-eotech-issuing-refunds-for-holographic-weapon-sights/

No sales slip required at this point. I just put in the price I paid and they approved me. Still trying to decide if I want to ride it out or not. Hoping they fix the issues, I love the EOTECH reticle.

If you take some time to do some reading you will see that ALL EOTECH's fail in some way shape or form eventually. I don't think the extreme cold or heat issue will ever affect me but the lamination and nitrogen leaking issues seem to affect most people at some point.

PhotoTom
12-11-2015, 01:16 AM
To think…they have NO IDEA how bad they messed-up by not hiring me… :whistle:

red442joe
12-11-2015, 06:13 AM
PT
They turned you down for a job and your expertise is
in the area related to the breakdown?

Joe

DrScaryGuy
12-11-2015, 09:24 AM
I could really use 1800 or so...
but then, I'd have to buy new optics too. so it's kind of a wash out

PhotoTom
12-11-2015, 09:25 AM
PT
They turned you down for a job and your expertise is
in the area related to the breakdown?

Joe

Heh…no, not exactly. I applied for two different posted jobs and never even heard a word back on either one.

Draken
12-11-2015, 09:37 AM
No sales slip required at this point. I just put in the price I paid and they approved me. Still trying to decide if I want to ride it out or not. Hoping they fix the issues, I love the EOTECH reticle.

Same here which is why I'm torn. I like the large window and the reticle as it is very fast for me. I have shot aimpoints, and just don't like it as much, but that's what the replacement would be. That is unless someone has a good alternative.

remington226
12-11-2015, 09:48 AM
From what I've seen lately, people are giving the Trijicon MRO optic high praises. I don't have any hands on experience with the optic, but have watched reviews from those in the industry, namely Travis Haley. That may be a good alternative to an Aimpoint. That said, I absolutely love my Aimpoint. It has been very durable and I haven't had to replace the battery in over 3 years. My three year old loves to play with it, and that's a fun test of it's ruggedness. Let a 3 year old play with it for 30 minutes on a mix of concrete, tile, hardwood floors, and gravel. All I do is pop the optic back onto my rifle and it has maintained zero.

#1Gunner
12-11-2015, 10:16 AM
I didn't see a thread here about this. Wondering if everyone knows EOTECH is refunding the full price for ALL of their optics. People are reporting even getting full MSRP for optics 5+ years and older.

This is due to the current Govt lawsuit.

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/09/30/ussocom-issues-safety-use-message-eotech-enhanced-combat-optical-sights-plus-goings/

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/12/08/l3-communications-eotech-issuing-refunds-for-holographic-weapon-sights/

If you take some time to do some reading you will see that ALL EOTECH's fail in some way shape or form eventually. I don't think the extreme cold or heat issue will ever affect me but the lamination and nitrogen leaking issues seem to affect most people at some point.
Thank you for this we appreciate it. I have had so many issues with Eotech is not even funny. I own 2 512's and each has had issues with battery life, one would go on and off after each shot from an ar15 and the other the glass got hazy (that leaking gas issue). I thought I was stuck with them and was going to send them in for repair then saw this so thank you so much!! Also I don't remember how much I paid so how much do I put down? I think it was around $450 but I also don't have the receipts its been a few years. Any advice on what to do and how much to put down?

kdogg
12-11-2015, 10:23 AM
Thank you for this we appreciate it. I have had so many issues with Eotech is not even funny. I own 2 512's and each has had issues with battery life, one would go on and off after each shot from an ar15 and the other the glass got hazy (that leaking gas issue). I thought I was stuck with them and was going to send them in for repair then saw this so thank you so much!! Also I don't remember how much I paid so how much do I put down? I think it was around $450 but I also don't have the receipts its been a few years. Any advice on what to do and how much to put down?
M.S.R.P. is/was $459.00 on the 512. I would put that.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Bogartis
12-11-2015, 11:24 AM
I have no receipt either, few years old. Batteries die fast too. I put down 589.00 got an approval in 35 min. It's on the way back now.

1-2many
12-11-2015, 11:24 AM
Got mine in the system. Refund request responded and approved within hours. Now to see how long before they send the money (they received the Eotech this past Monday.)

#1Gunner
12-11-2015, 11:57 AM
Again thank you. I wonder what I am going to do with my old pineapple Eotech maginifier now. Wish they would take that too maybe I will try calling them on it since its pretty much useless now. What do you think?

#1Gunner
12-11-2015, 11:58 AM
Did you have a magnifier? What are they doing about those?

#1Gunner
12-11-2015, 11:59 AM
Whats best way to ship these back I guess you could say I haven't mailed expensive items in the past?

#1Gunner
12-11-2015, 12:01 PM
What model, I don't think they will honor 589.00 for a 512 do you? I honestly cannot remember what I paid for the 512...

Fuel Fire Desire
12-11-2015, 12:02 PM
This is really bad. I wonder if EoTech will survive this. I love the EoTech reticle too, though, I could never bring myself to buy one with the negative things I had kept hearing about them. I found an alternative that is similar, though larger and weighs quite a bit more.

Vortex PST 1-4x. Its a true 1x too, with no fisheye effect. It really looks very similar to shooting an EoTech both eyes open with a better FOV imo.
http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo249/slayer_21420/F7DD5C5B-6A7E-408F-8B21-385AA5EAD0DB-111-00000001DB7FA11E_zpsf94dd265.jpghttp://www.firearmreviews.net/pictures/guns/308AR/1x_red.jpg

Just a thought for those who want to keep a similar reticle and FOV.

ColonelKurtz
12-11-2015, 12:45 PM
Mines going back. Hate the thing. Noticed change in POI I figured it was the weather affecting the ammo until I went to the BUIS.

1-2many
12-11-2015, 01:52 PM
This is really bad. I wonder if EoTech will survive this.

Eotech may not but L3 Communications will do just fine regardless.

R4NDOM J4Y
12-11-2015, 01:53 PM
What is everyone putting as reason for return? Just noting the POI shift?

1-2many
12-11-2015, 01:53 PM
Whats best way to ship these back I guess you could say I haven't mailed expensive items in the past?

They offered me $15.00 return shipping (which I didn't even ask for.) I returned it USPS priority, insured for $500.00 with signature confirmation and it was $14.75ish.) Shipped Friday and it was signed for on Monday.

#1Gunner
12-11-2015, 02:11 PM
Great thanks but one thing I dont understand. How do they determine what you are getting for the unit. I paid around $500.00 (maybe more) for my 512 and I don't have receipts. Do you ask for an amount or do they just give you an amount (based on MSRP) how is that determined? Nobody at Eotech will answer the phone. I'm sorry guys not sure how to handle so please if anyone knows...

1-2many
12-11-2015, 02:39 PM

I put "Please refund me ASAP due to the possibility/probablility of this unit being defective and having issues at a future date." (Something to that effect anyways.) I put it in the reason for an RMA and in the comments section.

SuedePflow
12-11-2015, 02:53 PM
Very interesting. So all of you guys returning your EOtech sights have been having problems?

My 512 is 20 months old and is problem free. The batteries are the originals. No cloudiness. And absolutely no POA shift. Although I am not an operator and I use it for relatively short range shooting. I don't use this rifle every week and I don't use it in extreme temperatures. I figured most would fit this description, but I've seemed to have figured wrong.

1-2many
12-11-2015, 03:24 PM
Very interesting. So all of you guys returning your EOtech sights have been having problems?

My 512 is 20 months old and is problem free. The batteries are the originals. No cloudiness. And absolutely no POA shift. Although I am not an operator and I use it for relatively short range shooting. I don't use this rifle every week and I don't use it in extreme temperatures. I figured most would fit this description, but I've seemed to have figured wrong.

No but I leave it in the trunk of my car quite often on my loaded AR (under 26" pistol) where the temperatures get well below freezing and I'm sure pretty close to if not even higher than 120 degrees. I've already replaced it with an Aimpoint and won't be looking back. Mine was only about 8 months old so technically still within the 24 month factory warranty but I'd rather not have it crap out when I need it most.

Double_Tap
12-11-2015, 03:30 PM
I have a 517 that I purchased in 2011 and have had it mounted for all of about 300 rounds of 5.56 in that time. I pulled it out a month ago to take to the range and it's fogged up! Needless to say I was not happy! I have regretted the purchase for a while, (was going through the whole "tacticool" phase), I guess this is like a free do over. I think these went for like $505 but can't remember. Sounds like they are just approving random values as long as they're in the ball park. Hell if I had purchased at Gander or the like I probably would have been charged $600!

#1Gunner
12-11-2015, 04:29 PM
I have babied both of mine and kept them clean never banged up or nothing and each had issues

Dirty_Harry
12-11-2015, 06:15 PM
I do t leave and AR in the vehicle. I don't be going out in the extreme cold (-40). My 3 512's have been rock solid and will not be going back.

kdogg
12-14-2015, 01:39 PM
EOTECH is NOT issuing refunds for magnifiers as there are no current pending legal issues with those. I've not personally heard of any defects with those but keep in mind that they too are sealed units with Nitrogen gas in them and they "can" leak. Keep in mind ANY optic can though.

I know someone who personally knows Mike Kroll (Customer Service Manager at L3/EOTECH) and he said he asked Mike when the refunds would start going out and Mike told him January. I know officially they are not giving a date but my friend does know Mike so I assume he really said that to my friend. My friend has no reason to make that up. I've also see a couple people who dropped their EOTECH's off in person report being told the same thing.

There is a thread on ARFCOM (AR15.COM) for anyone who wants to get it on it that deals with the when you filed your RMA, got approved, refunded etc wait time thread.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_18/685501_EOTech_Return_Authorization_Reqest_wait_tim e_thread_.html

kdogg
12-14-2015, 01:45 PM

No reason it required other then I would like a refund. One person put that they "wanted a refund because the head of the company was a lying piece of ____ that put the lives of American soldiers at risk and covered this all up to make profits". This refund was approved.

I do t leave and AR in the vehicle. I don't be going out in the extreme cold (-40). My 3 512's have been rock solid and will not be going back.

There are more issues with EOTECH's than JUST extreme cold and extreme heat affecting the POI. There is a whole list of issues, anyone of them could cost someone their lives in any condition if the issue decided to pop up in the middle of a gun battle. I will find the list and post it later.

I have a 517 that I purchased in 2011 and have had it mounted for all of about 300 rounds of 5.56 in that time. I pulled it out a month ago to take to the range and it's fogged up! Needless to say I was not happy! I have regretted the purchase for a while, (was going through the whole "tacticool" phase), I guess this is like a free do over. I think these went for like $505 but can't remember. Sounds like they are just approving random values as long as they're in the ball park. Hell if I had purchased at Gander or the like I probably would have been charged $600!

See my above comment and see Double_Tap's post above that I also quoted. There is an example of one of the bigger issues, all the gas leaked out of Double_Tap's EOTECH.

The sights are filled with Nitrogen gas. This gas keeps the glass from fogging over when you go from cold to hot and vise versa but it also keeps the moister from building up on the inside of the optic. The gas leaks out on all EOTECH sights at some point. EOTECH themselves apparently sent a batch of units to an independent test company who tested them and reported that every single one of them failed. They reported that they couldn't even measure how fast the gas leaked out because it leaked out faster than the threshold of their diagnostics equipment.

OK so you still don't go out in extreme cold or heat? OK great but once the gas leaks the internal electronics start to corrode and sooner or later the unit just doesn't work. EOTECH has been fixing them but who knows what is going to happen in 6 months or a year to that division.

I have a couple EXPS3.0-TAN's and an EXPS2.0-BLK. I'm keeping mine. I'm not saying you shouldn't but I see most people are confused about exactly WHAT the issue is. It's not just the POI shift when exposed to extreme heat and or cold.

For me the EOTECH is the only sight I can use for high speed shooting. I can't use the Aimpoint's or the new MRO's, the dots too fuzzy for me plus I get tunnel vision on those sights.

I'm hoping EOTECH develops some fix and will either fix the newer sights OR comes out with a new model that addresses these issues. If they do not I hope they will warranty them long term. EOTECH has some of the best customer service out there but I assume most of that is related to the fact they knew their sight were defective and they covered it up so they wanted to keep everyone happy!

As long as they will fix mine when the gas leaks and or replace it, I'll be happy.

If they close up the refund offer and mine develop defects, I will just chalk it up to the fact I paid a $50~100.00 dollars a year to rent an optic I could use for a few years with my eye condition and find something else I can use down the road.

kdogg
12-14-2015, 01:58 PM
Great thanks but one thing I dont understand. How do they determine what you are getting for the unit. I paid around $500.00 (maybe more) for my 512 and I don't have receipts. Do you ask for an amount or do they just give you an amount (based on MSRP) how is that determined? Nobody at Eotech will answer the phone. I'm sorry guys not sure how to handle so please if anyone knows...

You will get what they approved you for as they have already approved it. You returned the unit based on the fact they approved you for X amount of money. TO not give you what they approved you for plus $15.00 dollars would again be another form of fraud on their part. They never put forth any set guidelines and if you got your approval, your approved for that amount.

Basically right now, they are not arguing with anyone.

What do you think they would rather pay you now? The full MSRP or potentially MORE depending on what happens in a class action lawsuit? It won't just be about a defective product, it will be about potential criminal fraud and cover up. By returning the sight and accepting the money, you no longer have a claim to anything above and beyond that.

Plus it helps them look like the good guys here. They "tried" to do something.

EOTECH won't loose money on the deal. How many of you knew about this refund issue before I made the post? My guess is most people won't ever figure it out. Hell I was in my LGS the other day and they still have EOTECH's on the shelf. They had no clue. I'm the only one of my friends who knew.

Samurai Jack
12-14-2015, 02:17 PM
I wonder if they would refund a 502 :scratch:

PhotoTom
12-14-2015, 02:20 PM
I'm assuming most of you didn't read the 40 page court document. The Govt asked for $11,000.00 dollars PER defective unit I think it was? Someone correct me if I was wrong. This was due to the fraud and cover up involved, based on costs to the Govt for the investigation etc. Whole bunch factored in to this.

I read it and saw up to $11,000 per fraudulent claim on EOTech's part…not per unit.

kdogg
12-14-2015, 02:29 PM
I read it and saw up to $11,000 per fraudulent claim on EOTech's part…not per unit.

I just re-read it. You are correct in the wording. Not sure how to interupt that I guess. I edited my post to remove that reference.

I wonder if they would refund a 502 :scratch:

You should submit one and find out! ;)

Who knows they might not argue with you at this point. I know for a fact they have issues refunds on units that were even like 10 years old, people have reported getting approved.

jasona
12-14-2015, 08:47 PM
I got my EOTech 512 with the M&P15OR I bought, and while I like the sight, I found I was more interested in going for longer range, so I replaced it with a scope (couldn't justify another $400'ish for the EOTech magnifier.)

I'm seriously considering going ahead and submitting for the refund. Never had problems with it, but it's also comparatively lightly used...

Coctailer
12-14-2015, 08:57 PM
I could never part with my SU-231. :-(

kdogg
12-15-2015, 12:26 AM
I could never part with my SU-231. :-(

Yeah I decided to keep both of my SU-231a's and my EXPS2.0-BLK. Unless L3 shuts down EOTECH I assume that in light of all this they will continue to warranty them, once all the BS dies down anyway.

As I posted a few pages back, I have a BAD astigmatism and can not use Aimpoint's and MRO's not to mention the EOTECH is SO fast for me. I've owned 502's, 511's, 512's, 552's, EXPS2's, EXPS3's etc and I've NEVER actually had any of the issues. I've never had one for more than 4 years or so though but as long as they keep fixing the issues, I'll keep them. Heck even if they close up EOTECH, I will have gotten my money out of them by the time they actually develop issues I'm guessing.

I think L3/EOTECH will pull a rabbit out of the hat in the end. L3 is a 10.4 billion dollar company and their stock just went up today. Holding out in the fact the either fix the EXPS3.0 line OR develop something new. Not like they don't have the money to actually DO it right.

Side note.......

http://www.eotechlawsuit.com/

kdogg
12-15-2015, 12:56 PM
Lol saw this randomly posted on Facebook...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

fr3db3ar
12-15-2015, 01:08 PM
Thanks for this notice. I'll have to check it out.

Sent from somewhere in the time space continuum

jasona
12-18-2015, 10:51 PM
Decided to go ahead and file for the refund, wonder if I could save the shipping and just drive over to the office in Ann Arbor and drop it off...
Maybe get them to cut the check then and there...
:-)

Bogartis
12-18-2015, 10:54 PM
Decided to go ahead and file for the refund, wonder if I could save the shipping and just drive over to the office in Ann Arbor and drop it off...
Maybe get them to cut the check then and there...
:-)

You can drop off. No chance of a check right there. None will be issued until mid Feb.

PhotoTom
12-18-2015, 11:03 PM
You can drop off. No chance of a check right there. None will be issued until mid Feb.

Are you sure? I don't know about EOTech…but Trijicon absolutely prohibits the general public or end customers from even getting into the lobby. You can ring the door buzzer/intercom outside at Trijicon, but you won't get inside unless you are a direct client, marketing associate or supplier (or know someone).

Bogartis
12-19-2015, 12:26 AM
Are you sure? I don't know about EOTech…but Trijicon absolutely prohibits the general public or end customers from even getting into the lobby. You can ring the door buzzer/intercom outside at Trijicon, but you won't get inside unless you are a direct client, marketing associate or supplier (or know someone).

I was told via email that drop offs are allowed, although I did mail mine in.

EricF517
12-19-2015, 11:16 AM
Same here which is why I'm torn. I like the large window and the reticle as it is very fast for me. I have shot aimpoints, and just don't like it as much, but that's what the replacement would be. That is unless someone has a good alternative.

Oh you wanted a replacement for them?

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-viper-pst-1-4x24-riflescope-with-tmcq-mrad-reticle/reticle

http://bushnell.com/tactical/rifle-scopes/elite-tactical/smrs-1-6-5x-25mm

http://bushnell.com/tactical/rifle-scopes/elite-tactical/smrs-1-8-5x-24mm

http://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Illuminated-Reticle-Riflescope-Turrets/dp/B00AU6EIIY

http://www.burrisoptics.com/reticles/ballistic-cq

http://www.burrisoptics.com/scopes/xtr-ii-riflescopes-series/xtr-ii-riflescope-1-5x24mm

Allows the use of a rifle to its actual potential. As far as I am concerned red dogs are a thing of the past.

Patrick
12-27-2015, 11:08 AM

EOTech called me to come pick up a sight I bought directly from them. I didn't take them up on it, as I was out of town, so I do not know how far inside I would have gotten. Did end up with free shipping out of the deal, though.

Draken
12-27-2015, 03:04 PM
Oh you wanted a replacement for them?

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-viper-pst-1-4x24-riflescope-with-tmcq-mrad-reticle/reticle

http://bushnell.com/tactical/rifle-scopes/elite-tactical/smrs-1-6-5x-25mm

http://bushnell.com/tactical/rifle-scopes/elite-tactical/smrs-1-8-5x-24mm

http://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Illuminated-Reticle-Riflescope-Turrets/dp/B00AU6EIIY

http://www.burrisoptics.com/reticles/ballistic-cq

http://www.burrisoptics.com/scopes/xtr-ii-riflescopes-series/xtr-ii-riflescope-1-5x24mm

Allows the use of a rifle to its actual potential. As far as I am concerned red dogs are a thing of the past.

I run a 3x vortex magnifier behind mine and hit at 600 with no problem, and for 3gun the Eotech is VERY fast to pickup for the short range targets without having to worry about offset sights and the Vortex VMX-3T is faster in/out then most of the 1-4 (or 1-6) power scopes even with a cat tail mounted.

I have the Burris MTach on my wife's rifle, and it's nice, and i have been looking at http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/razor-hd-gen-2-1-6x24-riflescope-with-vmr-2-moa-reticle also...just not sure what direction I want to go right now.

EricF517
12-27-2015, 05:45 PM
Having been behind one before, and their higher powered versions, I can say they are FANTASTIC glass.

Draken
12-28-2015, 08:47 PM
For the money, I don't think Vortex can be beat. Have a Viper 4-16 on my LR308 and love it.

laober
01-04-2016, 06:49 AM
Is it all models that are defective or just older ones? This is concerning to find out since I just ordered a new 512.

Draken
01-04-2016, 11:24 AM
All of them.

truckerdave397
01-07-2016, 06:13 PM
So, as always, I am late to the party. Off another gun forum I just bought an Eotech 512.A65. It is used. It seems to be in excellent condition. I can not see any issues. I planned on putting it on some type of an AR. So here is the question, what should I do with it? Send it in to the company for a refund or hang on to it. Also if I was to return for a refund, what should I replace it with? Any idea how much of a refund I would be entitled to? I do not know what these sold for new. Thanks for any advice. Dave

04JRB
01-08-2016, 08:46 AM
So, as always, I am late to the party. Off another gun forum I just bought an Eotech 512.A65. It is used. It seems to be in excellent condition. I can not see any issues. I planned on putting it on some type of an AR. So here is the question, what should I do with it? Send it in to the company for a refund or hang on to it. Also if I was to return for a refund, what should I replace it with? Any idea how much of a refund I would be entitled to? I do not know what these sold for new. Thanks for any advice. Dave

Im in the same boat. I picked one up 3-3 years ago for $200 new after rebates and such. I do like the sight, and I have not had any issues with mine, but Its only been used 2-3 times thus far. Should I send mine in for a full credit and buy a vortex?

Bogartis
01-08-2016, 09:35 AM
Im in the same boat. I picked one up 3-3 years ago for $200 new after rebates and such. I do like the sight, and I have not had any issues with mine, but Its only been used 2-3 times thus far. Should I send mine in for a full credit and buy a vortex?

Yes, why take a chance?

EricF517
01-08-2016, 10:11 AM

Yes

Dansjeep2000
01-08-2016, 10:53 PM
Anyone heard when we are looking at getting our refund checks

Bogartis
01-08-2016, 11:06 PM
A friend of a friend said sometime in July or August. I don't know how reliable the info is though. He supposedly knows someone who knows someone who works there.

laober
01-09-2016, 06:23 AM
I'm planning to keep my new 512. I don't like tube style red dots, the eotech works well for my eyesight. They've been used for military and Leo purposes for years so I'm sure it will serve me well as a civilian. With all the new uncertainty in our world, I'd rather keep what I have than have 400 bucks tied up for months in a rebate system and be left with iron sights.

Bogartis
01-09-2016, 07:00 AM
I'm planning to keep my new 512. I don't like tube style red dots, the eotech works well for my eyesight. They've been used for military and Leo purposes for years so I'm sure it will serve me well as a civilian. With all the new uncertainty in our world, I'd rather keep what I have than have 400 bucks tied up for months in a rebate system and be left with iron sights.

True, but they fog up as the gas leaks out, if that happens it will be worthless. If shtf irons are fine, you won't be precision shooting, center mass should safice. Good luck.

04JRB
01-09-2016, 03:28 PM
I guess I'll get the paperwork rolling then. Too bag that this all happened, I really do like it. On the upside, i get to shop optics again! I look forward to another Vortex product.

What is the average price people paid for the 512.A65? $450 ish?

Bogartis
01-09-2016, 03:44 PM
I guess I'll get the paperwork rolling then. Too bag that this all happened, I really do like it. On the upside, i get to shop optics again! I look forward to another Vortex product.

What is the average price people paid for the 512.A65? $450 ish?

You can put 495.00 , the Dunham's price.

laober
01-09-2016, 06:37 PM
True, but they fog up as the gas leaks out, if that happens it will be worthless. If shtf irons are fine, you won't be precision shooting, center mass should safice. Good luck.

That is a possibility, but I'm sure there are several out there with zero issues. I'm willing to roll the dice.

Dansjeep2000
01-12-2016, 07:52 PM
http://defectivegunsightlawsuit.com/ Just found this.....

Duck122
01-12-2016, 09:47 PM
I'm guessing this would apply to the Bushnell Holosight ,as it is a Eotech made for Bushnell?

1-2many
01-15-2016, 08:06 AM
This is probably going to be a long process. I sent me Eotech in a bit over a month ago with confirmation they received it with USPS tracking/signature confirmation and this morning I received an email that my Eotech has been received. Its probably been sitting in a large pile of Eotechs and they finally got around to putting it into the system for a refund.

jasona
01-15-2016, 09:34 AM
This is probably going to be a long process. I sent me Eotech in a bit over a month ago with confirmation they received it with USPS tracking/signature confirmation and this morning I received an email that my Eotech has been received. Its probably been sitting in a large pile of Eotechs and they finally got around to putting it into the system for a refund.

I received the same email this morning myself.

Green Panther
01-15-2016, 10:09 AM
The good thing about the emails they sent this morning is they state we will be receiving a check for the refund amount, I was half way expecting it to just be a credit or coupon for other products of theirs.

avery53
01-15-2016, 03:43 PM

Me too!

DrScaryGuy
01-15-2016, 03:58 PM
I'm wondering if there will be better payouts from the class-action suits that are firing up.
I would imagine returning your optic for purchase price means you're not likely to be included in the suits... but will the suits get you money AND let you keep the optic?

Draken
01-15-2016, 04:48 PM
I'm wondering if there will be better payouts from the class-action suits that are firing up.
I would imagine returning your optic for purchase price means you're not likely to be included in the suits... but will the suits get you money AND let you keep the optic?

MOST class action suits I have been involved in give you a small portion of your original price, but you do get to keep your product. In this case, I would rather get a full refund (plus $15 for shipping) to spend on something that I'm not going to have to worry about down the road. Have also been involved with 2 vs banks that did not get approved, so nothing was ever paid out, so there is that chance also.

DrScaryGuy
01-15-2016, 05:00 PM
MOST class action suits I have been involved in give you a small portion of your original price, but you do get to keep your product. In this case, I would rather get a full refund (plus $15 for shipping) to spend on something that I'm not going to have to worry about down the road. Have also been involved with 2 vs banks that did not get approved, so nothing was ever paid out, so there is that chance also.

the one i looked at asked specifically if you had already requested a return, and if you would NOT do your return if you could get more money. which makes me think they're going for a big fraud settlement rather than just a bad product settlement.
Though I agree that class actions often benefit the lawyers more than the plaintiffs.

Bogartis
01-15-2016, 06:30 PM
You be lucky to get 2 bucks going class action. Lawyers greatly inflate their charges to get all or most of the money. This info comes from the horses mouth. No repeat No class action suit of this type ever paid out anything to the plaintiffs other then pennies. Lawyers take it all.

Starvin48
01-15-2016, 09:02 PM
X3

Deerhunter1980
01-22-2016, 01:07 PM
Man is it bad that I am considering sending mine back?

I have an Eotech 552. Brand New in the Package. Had it just over 3 years, but never actually used it. I did put batteries on it to check it out briefly...but never put it on the gun or zeroed it in.

Just thinking that might come with a nice $600 refund. Especially since I have never really used it...my luck is I'd experience a lot of the same problems others have experienced.

Did anyone include sales tax in their refund request?

I mean...if I paid $550 plus tax roughly...That should be approx a $580+ refund correct?

Dang I'd rather have the cash then the sight now...and who knows how long they will honor these refunds for.

My biggest worry is being left with nothing. If there are already thousands of returns being processed...maybe they'll run out of money? My luck I'd send back this brand new never used unit and they'd run out of money. Then I'd get no refund check and have no sight.

That makes me scared to send it back.

EricF517
01-22-2016, 02:41 PM
Man is it bad that I am considering sending mine back?

I have an Eotech 552. Brand New in the Package. Had it just over 3 years, but never actually used it. I did put batteries on it to check it out briefly...but never put it on the gun or zeroed it in.

Just thinking that might come with a nice $600 refund. Especially since I have never really used it...my luck is I'd experience a lot of the same problems others have experienced.

Did anyone include sales tax in their refund request?

I mean...if I paid $550 plus tax roughly...That should be approx a $580+ refund correct?

Dang I'd rather have the cash then the sight now...and who knows how long they will honor these refunds for.

My biggest worry is being left with nothing. If there are already thousands of returns being processed...maybe they'll run out of money? My luck I'd send back this brand new never used unit and they'd run out of money. Then I'd get no refund check and have no sight.

That makes me scared to send it back.

Send it back, get your money, and then grab a 1-4x optic.

Reverse_engineeR
01-25-2016, 08:31 PM
To think…they have NO IDEA how bad they messed-up by not hiring me… :whistle:

Same! LOL

I sent my EE resume to them as I wanted to stay in MI and I thought making EOTechs would be cool. Not even a no thank you!

Edit: apologies for reviving an old-ish thread, I'm new here. Not sure what the threshold is for "old", maybe I should reread the rules

Reverse_engineeR
01-25-2016, 08:39 PM
I guess if I revived it I might as well ask my question...

So I bought mine used off our rifle team coach for a considerable chunk of change. He cerakoted the hood FDE and I love how it matches my FDE-ish rifle, but doesn't this void the warranty? ( I think he removed the hood) Would that make this recall void for me? Definitely don't want to send in my favorite optic just to not have it for coming 2-gun matches and have them send it back to me

Bogartis
01-25-2016, 09:30 PM
I guess if I revived it I might as well ask my question...

So I bought mine used off our rifle team coach for a considerable chunk of change. He cerakoted the hood FDE and I love how it matches my FDE-ish rifle, but doesn't this void the warranty? ( I think he removed the hood) Would that make this recall void for me? Definitely don't want to send in my favorite optic just to not have it for coming 2-gun matches and have them send it back to me

Won't matter, only thing you will get back is a check. Believe me, I know.

Starvin48
01-25-2016, 09:45 PM
Won't matter, only thing you will get back is a check. Believe me, I know.

Have you received a check yet?

Bogartis
01-25-2016, 10:33 PM
Have you received a check yet?

No, no one will for awhile yet.

PhotoTom
01-25-2016, 10:35 PM
Same! LOL

I sent my EE resume to them as I wanted to stay in MI and I thought making EOTechs would be cool. Not even a no thank you!

Edit: apologies for reviving an old-ish thread, I'm new here. Not sure what the threshold is for "old", maybe I should reread the rules

3 days since the last response is no problem! :)

Yeah…at least some of the other employers that I have applied to have sent me a "At this time, we have decided to concentrate our attention on other candidates who we believe best meet the current needs of our organization" letter rather than just leave me hanging!

Oh well, even though I am a meticulous process auditor and have a strong mechanical/process engineering/management background…it sounds like I wouldn't have been uncovering anything that management didn't already know…

Starvin48
01-26-2016, 12:53 AM
No, no one will for awhile yet.

Gotcha. Thanks.

cordite_blues_jr
02-01-2016, 12:03 PM
So EOTech is refunding even up to their MSRP price with no receipt/proof? I have had no problems with mine, but the "what if" factor has me wondering if I should send mine in...

Bogartis
02-01-2016, 02:55 PM
Yes, and yes send it in

Imshootin
02-01-2016, 03:49 PM
Just a heads up. They received two 512's from me on Dec. 23rd. I've yet to get any confirmation they've received them or any correspondence whatsoever. I called them and left a message on Jan.21st then sent them an e-mail last week requesting some kind of confirmation that they received my two optics. Absolutely nothing from them. I guess my next step will be to drive out and visit them personally.

ColonelKurtz
02-01-2016, 03:53 PM
I got a confirmation mine was received. I'd to know approximately when the check may arrive. Not in a rush jut would like a time frame

DrScaryGuy
02-01-2016, 05:39 PM
You guys are starting to wear me down. I've been considering sending mine in. I still have my 2 EXPS with G33 tube kits, which cabelas lists at $1,100 right now.
I could buy a lot of decent sights for $2,200... and still have money left over to spend on vacation.
That's like 5 aimpoint PRO sights. or 3 and a decent trijicon/mepro. or 2 and a mepro and a microreddot...

cordite_blues_jr
02-01-2016, 05:41 PM
You guys are starting to wear me down. I've been considering sending mine in. I still have my 2 EXPS with G33 tube kits, which cabelas lists at $1,100 right now.
I could buy a lot of decent sights for $2,200... and still have money left over to spend on vacation.
That's like 5 aimpoint PRO sights. or 3 and a decent trijicon/mepro. or 2 and a mepro and a microreddot...

Magnifiers aren't eligible for the refund I thought?

1-2many
02-01-2016, 05:43 PM
Magnifiers aren't eligible for the refund I thought?

I've heard people getting approval if they purchased them as a package (I'm not sure how they would confirm that???)

DrScaryGuy
02-01-2016, 05:57 PM
I've heard people getting approval if they purchased them as a package (I'm not sure how they would confirm that???)

Both mine were purchased as package deals, with one case that had space cutout for both sight and scope. I assume they have a database of serial numbers that let them know how things were shipped.

Bogartis
02-01-2016, 06:04 PM
Only scopes are covered.

DrScaryGuy
02-02-2016, 12:28 AM
Just as I was getting weak... this email came in tonight. I'll read it in the morning since whatever I just drank had an unexpected amount of alcohol in it :-/

We are writing to provide you with a brief update on the status of the pending lawsuit against EOTech. Many of you have reached out to us through our website. We are grateful for your interest in the litigation. In anticipation of you potentially litigating against EOTech, we are working on responding to each of you individually to discuss your claims, but wanted to make you are aware of the latest developments in the case in the meantime.

As you may be aware, we filed suit against EOTech and its parent company, L-3 Communications, on December 4, 2015. The case (case number 6:15-cv-03519) has been assigned to Judge Brian C. Wimes, a judge in Kansas City, Missouri. The defendants hired legal counsel and received an extension of time from the Court to respond to the lawsuit. We expect a formal response to the lawsuit on February 8, 2016.

While waiting for a response from EOTech, we filed a motion asking the court to certify the case as a class action so that we can get relief for as many of the consumers who purchased the faulty optics as possible. During a telephone conference with the Court today, Judge Wimes expressed a preference for us to wait to seek official certification of a class action until later in the case. We intend to file a second motion for class certification at the earliest opportunity.

In the coming weeks, Judge Wimes will enter a scheduling order that will set deadlines for certain events to occur in the case. It will also set a trial date. This will ensure that the case moves forward toward a prompt resolution.

We are appreciative of the response we have received to our case and our website. Since we published the website on December 1, 2015, we have had over 21,000 hits on the site and have heard from over 240 men and women who largely report experiencing the same issues of reticle fade and thermal drift. This reflects the number of people concerned about EOTech’s misconduct and the public’s interest in seeing justice served. Please continue to share our site with other EOTech owners and other gun enthusiasts so that everyone’s voice can be heard.

L3 is an enormous defense contractor and its “Warrior Systems Division” (which includes EOTech) is a small component of their defense contracting operation. It would seem they are hoping to “silence the little guys” and the government too to keep from getting debarred from defense contracting work. But know this, the government settlement does not appear to be tied to any predetermined outcome of any defense contractor debarment proceeding.

A contractor’s “present responsibility” status is its most important asset. Suspension, proposed debarment, or debarment from government contracting of an individual, business unit, or corporate entity can have catastrophic business impacts, precluding that individual, unit, or entity from receiving working on, or competing for government contracts potentially for years. Moreover, under the FAR’s internal compliance program and mandatory disclosure requirements (Ethics Advice & Compliance Audits and Plans), contractors bear the burden of self-policing and self-reporting their own activities or risk damaging their reputations as responsible contractors. That self-policing does not appear to have occurred here.

Some of you may be concerned that EOTech may still be doing business with our military branches. If you have any questions about this process or to alert the Department of Defense to your experiences or to suggest an audit of any government contractor, you may contact the Office of the Deputy Inspector General for Auditing by phone (703) 604-9142 (DSN 664-9142), by fax (703) 604-8932, or by mail at: ODIG-AUD (ATTN: Audit Suggestions) Department of Defense Inspector General 400 Army Navy Drive (Room 801) Arlington, VA 22202-4704.

FishinJoe
02-04-2016, 09:36 PM
I have a EOTECH that I purchased in 2001 does anyone know if it is covered?

Bogartis
02-04-2016, 11:42 PM
Yes, they are ALL covered. Send the email form and they will send you instructions how to send it back.

#1Gunner
02-05-2016, 10:55 AM
YES COVERED... I put down $450.00 purchased in 2003 and they said it was good they approved it..

Double_Tap
02-05-2016, 12:51 PM
I would still like to see someone actually receive a check before I send mine back.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Duck122
02-09-2016, 09:15 PM
They approved my 4 Bushnell Holo sights @ $299 ea.+ $15 shipping.

nrich1979
02-10-2016, 09:10 AM
I would still like to see someone actually receive a check before I send mine back.

I'm in the same boat..

Thus far my 512 has been flawless for me over the years.. and I don't plan on fighting in the Antartica or Death Valley so I don't really need to worry about the temp issue..

But I could certainly see this as a chance to try something new..

I've had my eye on a burris for a while now..

Imshootin
02-10-2016, 09:21 AM
Just a heads up. They received two 512's from me on Dec. 23rd. I've yet to get any confirmation they've received them or any correspondence whatsoever. I called them and left a message on Jan.21st then sent them an e-mail last week requesting some kind of confirmation that they received my two optics. Absolutely nothing from them. I guess my next step will be to drive out and visit them personally.

Follow up to my Feb.1st post above (#83). I drove out there last Wed. 2/3 and spoke with one of the guys handling the refunds. He told me he believes the refunds were going to start going out in about 2 weeks so if that holds true they should start being sent out in another week. We shall see. Showed me the paperwork on mine and my e-mail address was wrong which explains why I never received an e-mail back.

MSUICEMAN
02-10-2016, 09:23 AM
I'm mulling over my decision. I haven't had issue with my A512, but at the same time I am making a rather large scope purchase, and the money would at least help cover some of those expenses..... but I'm leery that its taking so long to get the checks rolling.

Double_Tap
02-10-2016, 03:33 PM
Unfortunately my 517 has dark areas in the FOV where the hologram almost disappears.

rjrivero
02-10-2016, 11:45 PM
but I'm leery that its taking so long to get the checks rolling.

See Link: (http://soldiersystems.net/2016/02/11/eotech-update-the-checks-are-in-the-mail/)

1-2many
02-11-2016, 09:47 AM
Many people posting they have received their checks.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_18/685501_EOTech_Return_Authorization_Reqest_wait_tim e_thread_.html&page=28

hellbilly
02-11-2016, 03:20 PM
Got mine today.

1-2many
02-11-2016, 07:02 PM
Applied: 12/4/2015
Approved: 12/5/2015
Shipped: 12/8/2015
Arrived at EO: 12/9/2015

Refunded: 2/11/2016

(Claim # 95)

Bogartis
02-11-2016, 07:39 PM
I got mine today also, returned 1/15/2016

Quads
02-11-2016, 08:14 PM
Start the clock. I submitted for 4 of them.

Double_Tap
02-12-2016, 04:37 PM
Just submitted my RMA, let's see how long it takes.

Quads
02-12-2016, 09:01 PM
Approved 24 hours after submitting. Shipping Monday.

fr3db3ar
02-13-2016, 09:16 AM
Still waiting for mine

MSUICEMAN
02-14-2016, 11:17 PM
submitted my RMA yesterday, we'll see. I actually could use it as I barely use the eotech anyways, and it will half pay for my new scope

DrScaryGuy
02-14-2016, 11:30 PM
the other night I noticed that one of my eotechs is getting the red haze across the bottom 1/3 and it has a few spots in the field where the reticle goes a bit dim. Also, some red light from the laser is clearly visible from the front now. That oughtta teach me not to take questionable optics outside out into my back yard when it's cold out.
the other one still works fine without any issues, but I don't imagine it will stay that way.

Detroit Tackleberry
02-16-2016, 03:15 PM
Looks like I'm not the first, but my EOjunk check showed up today. WooHoo...... time to figure out what I'm going to get as a replacement!

Dansjeep2000
02-16-2016, 05:37 PM
Mine came today also

Starvin48
02-16-2016, 07:14 PM
Got mine today. Anyone ever use a Meprolight? How are those?

intheburbs
02-16-2016, 07:18 PM
I dropped mine off in person last week. A few folks happened to be returning from lunch, and I struck up a conversation with one of them. Turns out it was Chuck Kroll, the Customer Service Manager. We ended up talking for about 45 minutes - good dude, big gun guy. He said it took a while to get their program in place for receiving optics and issuing refunds, but now that they do, they'll be doing weekly check runs. He told me I should have my check in 2-3 weeks.

The Trijicon MRO is at the top of my list. Already have it in my cart on Amazon, with the full co-witness mount.

Reverse_engineeR
02-16-2016, 08:40 PM
Man my EOTech just got me 3rd place at 2-gun the other day. I really love that reticle....

A dot just doesn't do it for me I guess.

MSUICEMAN
02-16-2016, 09:52 PM
I do live the reticle too, just seems intuitive to my eyes.

jthomps348176
02-17-2016, 12:56 PM
Got my refund check yesterday.

bunk
02-19-2016, 01:51 PM
Check came this week as well, was dated 11-FEB. $475 for a 512

cordite_blues_jr
02-22-2016, 02:15 PM
Submitted my request Friday, 2/19 in the evening. No word yet, but didn't expect one with the weekend. Hopefully they'll pull though

Cocowheats
02-23-2016, 08:36 AM
Submitted my request Friday, 2/19 in the evening. No word yet, but didn't expect one with the weekend. Hopefully they'll pull though

I submitted my request about a week ago...took maybe a day to get my approved to send it in email.

Stuck with the g33 magnifier though...

cordite_blues_jr
02-23-2016, 09:01 AM
I submitted my request about a week ago...took maybe a day to get my approved to send it in email.

Stuck with the g33 magnifier though...

Got the approval email this morning just after 0800.

I'm keeping my G33 because I think I'm going to get a Trijicon MRO, which can be used with the magnifier.

fr3db3ar
03-08-2016, 03:21 PM
I'm still waiting.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

cordite_blues_jr
03-09-2016, 10:18 AM
My 512 was delivered to EOTech on Thursday, February 25th and I haven't received my check yet.

Ballpark how long did people wait to receive their check?

Starvin48
03-09-2016, 03:49 PM
My 512 was delivered to EOTech on Thursday, February 25th and I haven't received my check yet.

Ballpark how long did people wait to receive their check?

I sent my stuff in when I saw this thread (early/mid-December) and got the check late February.

ColonelKurtz
03-09-2016, 08:29 PM
Mine should have come by now. No response to my emails, anyone have a phone number for the department handling rebates?

Double_Tap
03-09-2016, 09:35 PM
They got my 517 February 22nd.

intheburbs
03-10-2016, 12:34 AM
Mine should have come by now. No response to my emails, anyone have a phone number for the department handling rebates?

1 888 EOTHOLO

Option 3 in the sub menu

1 for the refund call center

ColonelKurtz
03-10-2016, 01:27 PM
1 888 EOTHOLO

Option 3 in the sub menu

Thank you!

DrScaryGuy
03-10-2016, 04:45 PM
1 888 EOTHOLO

Option 3 in the sub menu

Yes, thanks.
I just called and they told me that if my optic and my magnifier were bought as a kit, the entire kit price should actually be eligible for a refund - which is awesome.
I also mentioned that in one of mine you can see traces of the laser from the front now and she was impressed because she hadn't heard of that failure yet. Lucky me! :-/

Double_Tap
03-16-2016, 02:05 PM
Just submitted my RMA, let's see how long it takes.

RMA submitted 02/12/2016
shipped 02/18/2016
received 02/22/2016
Email form eotech 03/16/2016

Dear Customer,

Your return has been received and reviewed at the refund center, and is now being processed for payment. Please allow 3-4 weeks for your payment to arrive. You may check on your refund status after that time by contacting us at refundsupport@eotechrefunds.com or by phone at 1-888-952-9092.

Sincerely,

EOTech Refunds

Really?!?!?!?! it took 3 weeks after receiving to do this? Now 3 - 4 weeks to make out a check and mail it?

cordite_blues_jr
03-16-2016, 02:12 PM
When I spoke to EOTech, they said it takes about three weeks after the sight has been delivered to process it. Then, another three weeks or so to mail the check.

Ridiculous, but the rate they're handing out money, I wouldn't be in a big hurry either...

Draken
03-16-2016, 02:57 PM
Monday the 14th they had had my sight in their hands for 3 weeks, just received the Dear Customer email today, and 3 - 4 more weeks till I get my check (according to the email).

Imshootin
03-16-2016, 03:35 PM
They received my two 512s on 12/23. My refund check was supposedly mailed last Wednesday. Should be here any day. We shall see.

Double_Tap
03-16-2016, 05:03 PM
I wish it would hurry up and get here, I've only spent it twice already. Not sure how many more times i can sell that story. LOL

intheburbs
03-17-2016, 12:23 PM
I just got the email yesterday...dropped off my unit in Ann Arbor in early February.

Dear Customer,

Your return has been received and reviewed at the refund center, and is now being processed for payment. Please allow 3-4 weeks for your payment to arrive. You may check on your refund status after that time by contacting us at refundsupport@eotechrefunds.com or by phone at 1-888-952-9092.

Sincerely,

EOTech Refunds

bkglad
03-17-2016, 01:02 PM
Does this mean EO tech is going go out of business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PhotoTom
03-17-2016, 01:47 PM
Does this mean EO tech is going go out of business

In the short term, it isn't a death blow being they are owned by L-3 Communications. Of course, the stockholders will want to see an achievable recovery plan (starting off with products that do what they are claimed to do, followed by how to regain marketshare and customer trust).

Zero_psi
03-17-2016, 07:58 PM
It's alot more then 3-4 weeks mine arrived there 12-13-15 and they just sent my check last friday. Still have yet to get it. If you call any one u talk to reads off a script unless you get a supervisor

Imshootin
03-18-2016, 09:59 AM
Check came today. Almost 3 months for mine.

intheburbs
03-18-2016, 12:32 PM
In the short term, it isn't a death blow being they are owned by L-3 Communications. Of course, the stockholders will want to see an achievable recovery plan (starting off with products that do what they are claimed to do, followed by how to regain marketshare and customer trust).

The EOTech is a CQB system. Most agencies know and accept the drift of the zero with big temperature swings. Four MOA at 50 yards is 2 inches. That's still easily a center of mass hit. All optics drift - it's physics. Stuff contracts and expands and temperatures change.

Most of the returns have been consumers, not the military or LE. That still makes up the bulk of EOTech's sales, so they'll be just fine.

Honestly, the main reason I returned mine is not because I think it's defective, but that I just wanted to go with a smaller/lighter red dot, probably the Trijicon MRO. I have other rifles for longer-distance work. The holosite/red dot is for my personal defense carbine, which would also be used for 3-gun if I ever get off my butt and do it.

fr3db3ar
03-18-2016, 01:23 PM
Just got mine in the mail today. Around 60 days.

Main
03-18-2016, 03:10 PM
Received my check today, mailed mine back 1st week of February.

ColonelKurtz
03-18-2016, 04:55 PM
Got mine today too. IIRC I mailed mine in around first week of January.

blinz73
03-18-2016, 06:57 PM
Applied 1-6-16 Approved 1-7-16 Shipped 1-10-16 Received 1-11-16 Refund 3-18-16 Ordered Mepro tru dot rds 3-18-16

Mongo
03-28-2016, 11:13 AM
I just submitted my form to return 2 Eotech 512's. We'll see what happens.

I really liked the reticle, but if I can get my money back, there are other great choices on the market that weren't around a few years ago. I'm thinking about a decent quality 1-4x, or maybe that burris mtac 1.5-6x.

Mongo
03-31-2016, 03:15 PM
I pulled my two 512's out to return them. Wow! I just noticed that the reticle on one of them was pulsing dimmer and brighter. Pulled and replaced batteries, same problem. I'm glad to be returning them now. I liked the reticle, but nicer options have come on the maket since I bought these.

My return was approved in a day. I listed the price on the boxes plus 6 % tax. Two 512's shipping back now.

Hailstorm
04-01-2016, 09:46 PM
Ahh Crap. Guess I will pull mine off my AUG.... What are people switching too?

fr3db3ar
04-02-2016, 07:13 AM
Ha, I switched to a suppressor.

Mongo
04-02-2016, 12:16 PM

I think I'm going to try the Trijicon MRO on my lighter weight AR and a 1-4x, of some kind, on another AR. More researching will ne needed on the 1 x 4x.

Hailstorm
04-06-2016, 06:37 PM
I will have to look into those. Submitted over the weekend. got the we received your email email. Now just waiting for the ok to ship. I really liked the optic. Too bad I can't trust it. I a surprised they haven't made a trade in option on something else.

Hailstorm
04-11-2016, 02:10 PM
Well, still no response to the info I submitted.

Draken
04-11-2016, 03:21 PM

Think I am going to try the SPARC-AR from Vortex...can buy 2 with the refund, and still have enough left over for a good night out with the wife.

ColonelKurtz
04-11-2016, 03:25 PM
I a surprised they haven't made a trade in option on something else.
Like what, an ACOG?

Quads
04-11-2016, 04:10 PM
Tomorrow is 4 weeks for me. The 4 weeks they said it would take them to click the button on the screen that prints a check and drops it in the mail.

I've already bought replacements.

Roadblock
04-15-2016, 06:57 PM
Tomorrow is 4 weeks for me. The 4 weeks they said it would take them to click the button on the screen that prints a check and drops it in the mail.

I've already bought replacements.

EOTech is getting tens of THOUSANDS of these back. In fact they got SO many of them back that UPS, USPS etc told them they could no longer deliver them. They made them start picking them up with a box truck... Seriously...

They have to open each of those, verify what is supposed to be there is there, match the serials etc. Log them in. Update your claim to reflect its back... They have multiple departments handling these returns. They had to hire people to help they got so overwhelmed.

I hate to see the outgoing mail for whoever is handing the check processing, Christ...

I would have figured it would take a few months to get a refund.

Hailstorm
04-15-2016, 07:08 PM
Like what, an ACOG?

Unknown. I am going to wait until my refund comes. Then start looking. I would like to find something I will as much as my EOTECH.

04JRB
04-18-2016, 12:33 PM
Finally got mine applied for, now I get to wait.....Im already itching to shop optics, but I wont until the check is in hand.

cordite_blues_jr
04-18-2016, 12:44 PM
I got the payment approval, check being issued email on March 16th and still haven't received my check

Draken
04-18-2016, 07:33 PM
March 16th email saying the check was being cut and sent, today, April 18th, received check with a date of April 15.

As a side note, shot my buddies 512 today (same as I had) and even on the brightest setting could barely make out the reticle when it was centered in the sight, and was just over 14" off at 100, know for a fact last year it was center at 100, and nothing else has changed.

rjrivero
04-18-2016, 08:29 PM
December 11th, sent the email asking for the return authorization.
December 17th, authorization approved.
March 18th, 2016 refund check received.

cordite_blues_jr
04-19-2016, 10:54 AM
March 16th email saying the check was being cut and sent, today, April 18th, received check with a date of April 15.

As a side note, shot my buddies 512 today (same as I had) and even on the brightest setting could barely make out the reticle when it was centered in the sight, and was just over 14" off at 100, know for a fact last year it was center at 100, and nothing else has changed.

Gives me hope. I got my email saying I can expect the payment on March 16th... but still no check. :(

Double_Tap
04-19-2016, 11:47 AM
Gives me hope. I got my email saying I can expect the payment on March 16th... but still no check. :(

May come today, mine did!:woohoo1:
Time to shop.

intheburbs
04-19-2016, 12:07 PM
My check arrived today. Got the confirmation email on 3/16, stating 3-4 weeks for the check to arrive.

Quads
04-19-2016, 02:54 PM
4 weeks and a day from when they said they'd send me a check in 3 to 4 weeks.
Let's see how fast I can burn through $2,540.00.

cordite_blues_jr
04-20-2016, 11:24 AM
Check came yesterday! MRO, here I come!

Infinity Kid
05-01-2016, 05:39 PM
Just sent in my RMA! Looks at my EOTech EXPS2-0 and there were two reticles, one very dim overlaying the other, but not overlying perfectly. Time to go shopping!

OTG1958
05-01-2016, 07:07 PM
Sent in request 4-19-16
Received and Approved for return 4-21-16
Received by EOTech 4-25-16

Waiting........

DrScaryGuy
05-01-2016, 09:45 PM
So when I talked to their support line, they said that they needed to VERIFY that each item had problems and that they weren't just taking peoples words for it...
it seems like everybody is getting refunded though. i wonder if the problem is a whole lot worse than they are admitting.
Like I said, mine are pretty much safe queens, and one has ALL the problems, the other one has a dead battery, so i dunno.

rjrivero
05-02-2016, 11:56 AM
So when I talked to their support line, they said that they needed to VERIFY that each item had problems and that they weren't just taking peoples words for it...
it seems like everybody is getting refunded though. i wonder if the problem is a whole lot worse than they are admitting.
Like I said, mine are pretty much safe queens, and one has ALL the problems, the other one has a dead battery, so i dunno.
Quit talking to them. Click here. (http://www.eotechinc.com/return-authorization-request-form) Request refund. Then send emails.

Edsel1134
05-10-2016, 11:43 AM
I loved my EOTech :/

MSUICEMAN
05-10-2016, 07:15 PM
I loved my EOTech :/

so did I. but I also HATE beyond HATE contractors lying and fabricating test results, especially in the line of work I'm in. so *** 'em.

1-2many
05-10-2016, 07:35 PM
I keep seeing them for sale at local gun stores and even on occasion in the marketplace. Is Eotech still producing new units that don't have the defect or are people oblivious (or not wanting to go through the procedure) of getting a refund??? I see some at Firearm Exchange for example that I'm pretty sure have been in the display case for months.

DrScaryGuy
05-11-2016, 12:01 AM
a lot of people are still buying them because they are still great sights in most cases. most people won't use it with huge temperature swings, and their life doesn't depend on the filter blocking any laser light coming through the front.
I don't know if eotech fixed them or not though, but i know that one of mine (even showing all the failures people are mad about) works just fine and can still get rid of yard critters.

Hailstorm
05-14-2016, 09:10 AM
If they had a solution to the issues. I would think they would be swapping units out not handing over cash. Saddly. Waiting on my check on been a few weeks for me so far. I have picked up a Burris fast fire 3, and just ordered a SPARC 2. Now that I am paying attention to optics. I have several items that can use an optic. Still need a real good optic and will do that when the check comes.

I noticed on ebay that EOTECH sights are going for decent prices. I am surprised someone looking to profit would scoop them up and return them for a profit. I mean people are still hording .22 ammo.

intheburbs
05-16-2016, 07:15 AM
The zero drift could be as much as 4-5 MOA. But these are optics generally designed for CQB. So 5 MOA at 50 yards is still only 2.5 inches, which is close enough.

Not sure exactly how there can be any "fix." This is physics - stuff shrinks when it gets cold, and expands when it gets warm. All optics have a drift with delta T. I'm sure my ACOG will drift if I zero it in 100° heat, throw it in the safe, and then next shoot it outside in January.

Main reason I returned mine was not because I thought I had a defective product, it was just more of a case of buyer's remorse. Those things are big and chunky and eat batteries, and while I love the reticle, I ended up going with an MRO on my rifle.

MSUICEMAN
05-16-2016, 07:48 AM
There are ways to account for expansion and contraction. First is not to falsify test reports or lie about performance. Second, not all materials shrink when it gets cold, or expand when they get hot.

I returned mine as it wasn't that old or used, but the reticle seemed to dim and I freaking HATE companies that defraud the DoD.

Hailstorm
06-06-2016, 07:36 PM
Check came today. It goes into the bank as I have a ACOG, AIMPOINT and a Spark 2. I have yet played with the ACOG.

MSUICEMAN
06-06-2016, 09:01 PM
Mine came today also.

OTG1958
06-06-2016, 09:05 PM
Mine too.

nrich1979
06-08-2016, 01:46 PM
Check went in the bank today got it two days ago.. Got the other check in the mail box today..

Now with that being said.. I don't hate Eotech nor do I think they are a bad product..

intheburbs
06-09-2016, 09:09 AM
There are ways to account for expansion and contraction. First is not to falsify test reports or lie about performance. Second, not all materials shrink when it gets cold, or expand when they get hot.

I returned mine as it wasn't that old or used, but the reticle seemed to dim and I freaking HATE companies that defraud the DoD.

I just noticed this, and my pedantic side is getting the better of me and I'm going to derail this thread.

Please, enlighten me about what materials exist that don't shrink/expand with temperature. And no, I'm not talking about water/ice, or exotic/rare materials created in a lab, I'm talking about any material that can be used to make an optic. Last time I checked an engineering handbook, all metals/alloys have a rate of thermal expansion, usually expressed as µin/in-°F.

MSUICEMAN
06-09-2016, 09:47 AM
Most do shrink and have known rates... However, your design decision tpnnot offset these shrinkage rates via mechanical (double sheer designs for example with opposite forces due to thermal expansion), isolation (choose interfacing materials such that their minimal shrinkage rates in the rather narrow band of operating temperatures would be inconsequential) or electronically via controls that effectively dope the material shrinkage. Then to lie about it and falsify capabilities... Yikes. As far as materials that expand in cold, bismuth, antimony, and a few other non-exotics, plus a host of custom 'exotic' materials.

intheburbs
06-12-2016, 02:53 PM
Most do shrink and have known rates... However, your design decision tpnnot offset these shrinkage rates via mechanical (double sheer designs for example with opposite forces due to thermal expansion), isolation (choose interfacing materials such that their minimal shrinkage rates in the rather narrow band of operating temperatures would be inconsequential) or electronically via controls that effectively dope the material shrinkage. Then to lie about it and falsify capabilities... Yikes. As far as materials that expand in cold, bismuth, antimony, and a few other non-exotics, plus a host of custom 'exotic' materials.

Bismuth and antimony expand when they solidify. There's a difference. And seeing as how bismuth solidifies at over 500° F, then I'd say that's a moot point with regards to this discussion. Solid bismuth expands and contracts with delta T just like any other metal in the temperature range likely encountered by a rifle optic.

MSUICEMAN
06-12-2016, 03:27 PM
OK, how about zirconium tungstates... They expand over a wider temperature zone. My point was, and still is, they did a ****** job of material choice and design.

amontana086
07-27-2016, 01:57 AM

VIGILANT
08-09-2016, 02:58 PM
EoTech Fails Epiclly and The Best Thing For Owners
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/08/09/eotech-fails-epiclly-best-thing-owners/