PDA

View Full Version : Want to put a reflex-type sight on a pistol, need some advice and recommendations...

jasona
12-14-2015, 08:59 PM
So, I've decided since my last range visit, I really don't like the stock sights on one of my pistols. They're plain black (both front and rear,) with nothing to draw the eye and make it easier to line them up. As I shoot at an indoor range (Close Quarters Tactical,) there's the comparatively dim lighting, then trying to line up black sights against the black center rings of a standard target.

So, what I'm interested in, is putting a reflex sight on the top rail of the pistol (standard Picatinny rail on top.) No magnification needed or wanted, and the sight needs to either be very rugged or on the inexpensive side so that when it fails (hopefully if) it won't hurt the wallet too much to replace. The reason for the rugged or cheap requirement is, the sight will be getting mounted to the rail on the top of my Magnum Research Desert Eagle .50AE. Yes, I've got a range toy...

I've been looking at the Sightmark Sureshot as if nothing else it's on the low-end of the prices, so if either I don't like it after all and opt to replace the front / rear sights or if I find it makes a rather heavy pistol heavier than I would like, I won't feel the hit in the wallet...

So, suggestions, recommendations, requests to meet at the range and shoot the pistol?
:-P

Thanks,
Jason

scecil
12-14-2015, 10:00 PM
Check out the Burris fast fire series.
Very nice, lightweigh, reliable red dot.

Others might suggest a primary arms sight of some kind, I never had problems with any of mine.

crankythunder
12-15-2015, 07:51 PM
On the competition line, the reflex style of choice is the c-more sight system. Second choice would be the ultra dot.

I know that my fellow competitors are really happy with them. Not the cheapest out there but make sure you check them out.

Shoot them an email asking if a 50 AE is too much for it.

Regards,
Crankster

agksimon
01-07-2016, 07:29 PM
Vortex Razor is up there with the RMR and has a lifetime warranty. It's the one I'm getting.