View Full Version : Do not fire a muzzle loader near exposed powder

Jackam
12-29-2015, 11:27 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WA4Y3IF.webm

Looked like fun, until it wasn't.

red442joe
12-30-2015, 03:15 AM
Whole box of pellets!
There's a reason he was grinning like an idiot.

Joe

tkurban53
12-30-2015, 07:54 AM
Duh.

backhandman
12-30-2015, 11:10 AM
Stupid. but pretty awesome!

RifleGuy
12-30-2015, 11:15 AM
Probably some second degree burns to face and arms... oy.

In answer to the age old question, "Does it hurt to be stupid?", we have a resounding 'Yes'.

balrog006
01-12-2016, 08:20 PM
Probably some second degree burns to face and arms... oy.

In answer to the age old question, "Does it hurt to be stupid?", we have a resounding 'Yes'.

And if it doesn't it should!

astocks2622
03-07-2016, 02:01 PM
not to mention a solid reason for eye protection when shooting...

DecoySlayer
03-08-2016, 05:45 PM
Let's hope this fool is not able to breed. Don't want him swimming the the gene pool.

willforu1
03-22-2016, 10:05 PM
After watching this several times I see that the box of powder pellets were set off. It looked like the lid was closed on the box. I wouldn't of thought the pellets in a closed box would have ignited like that?

thanks for posting.

Ruger
03-23-2016, 10:02 AM
That was horrific! I bet he lost at least his eyebrows... Looks like a decent range, where was the RSO? No eye protection.

willforu1
03-26-2016, 11:33 AM
That was horrific! I bet he lost at least his eyebrows... Looks like a decent range, where was the RSO? No eye protection.

And yet another reason to wear eye protection. However, it ought to be Pyrex. I wonder how this guy made out? Again I believe I have sited in muzzle loaders with a closed box of powder pellets on the bench....maybe it was the next bench. For sure it will be the next bench over and the box closed inside an ammo can.

Roundballer
03-26-2016, 01:50 PM
After watching this several times I see that the box of powder pellets were set off. It looked like the lid was closed on the box. I wouldn't of thought the pellets in a closed box would have ignited like that?

thanks for posting.
The box is open. That white trapezoidal area above where the ignition started is the label on the inside of the lid.

And yet another reason to wear eye protection. However, it ought to be Pyrex. I wonder how this guy made out? Again I believe I have sited in muzzle loaders with a closed box of powder pellets on the bench....maybe it was the next bench. For sure it will be the next bench over and the box closed inside an ammo can.
Typically, ranges that are familiar with muzzle loaders will require you to have the "propellant" BEHIND the shooter. Not on the bench, not on the next bench, behind the line and the shooter.