PDA

View Full Version : TFX/TFO sights...anyone have them?

Fuel Fire Desire
02-11-2016, 07:17 PM
Does anyone have or have used the new TFX sights from TruGlo? Or the older TFO's?

I'm in the market to night sight a primary carry block and was looking for real world experience. Especially curious about brightness at night since the tritium is hidden behind fiber rods.

mike72ss
02-11-2016, 08:37 PM
I don't have them, but here is a video that shows a side by side comparison that might help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZW_0cfE3y0

Mike

TylerV76
02-11-2016, 09:00 PM
Had the tfx on a XD and loved them. Very bright during the day and glow just as bright at night as the trijicons on my Shield. Im putting the TFX pros on my Glock very soon.

remington226
02-11-2016, 10:57 PM
Had the TFO front sight with black plain rear sights on an M&P 9 Pro Series. I loved those sights. Eventually I plan on switching out the sights on my mk25 and my g17 to the TFO/TFX. After having the single dot sight picture, I sort of despise going back to the three dot sight picture. For me the single dot was faster on target and faster for follow up shots. I found that it forced my eyes to blur out the rear sight and completely focus on the front. The TFO was every bit as bright as my Trijicon HD's, and the stock night sights on my mk25.

CircuitRider
02-12-2016, 07:11 AM
Have the TFX Pro on my Glock 19 and love them. Over.

Stugotts
02-12-2016, 08:10 PM
I just bought the TFX PRO for my M & P Shield I've been through 3 sets of sights for the shield my eyes are a bit tired ....I had Doug at ATEi install night sights which were fine at night had a hard time picking them up in the daytime When I was at Williams shooting I had them put on a set of fiber optics which I can use and shoot in the daytime...nothing at night or low light. I have a M & P VTAC model which has the Viking Warrior sights That have both fiber optic and tritium night sight That I seem to pick up fairly well. The cost for those sights from Viking Tactical is $175 plus installation. The TruGlo was a little cheaper $119 and the same concept. I'll get them installed hopefully next week and I can let you know.
:pistols:

Fuel Fire Desire
02-15-2016, 09:20 PM
Had the TFO front sight with black plain rear sights on an M&P 9 Pro Series. I loved those sights. Eventually I plan on switching out the sights on my mk25 and my g17 to the TFO/TFX. After having the single dot sight picture, I sort of despise going back to the three dot sight picture. For me the single dot was faster on target and faster for follow up shots. I found that it forced my eyes to blur out the rear sight and completely focus on the front. The TFO was every bit as bright as my Trijicon HD's, and the stock night sights on my mk25.

Ill have to agree with you on that. I have Trijucons on a couple other pistols I have, and in absolute darkness I always have to second guess myself as to whether or not Im focusing on the correct green dot (and not one of the rears if my front dot is way off left or right). Just having three green dots to look at screws with my brain at night with no other points of reference.

holtian
02-29-2016, 04:42 PM
I have the TFO sights on my XDS and I really like them. With that said I have the TFX on my Shield and I like those even better. The TFX are sealed and seem easier and faster to pick up that my TFO does. When I got my set of TFO sights last year they were my fav night sights. But now that I have the TFX and have seen the TFX pro series that's what I'll go with for any new ones that I put on.

tiamat
03-19-2016, 07:58 PM
I have TFO's and like them. To those that have issues with three green dots, keep in mind that they offer different color variations for the front/rear sights - for example, I have a green front with yellow rear dots. They also offer orange. Makes it easy to tell where your front sight is even in total darkness.

tkurban53
03-19-2016, 09:04 PM
I've had TFOs on my XD for a few years and like them. TFXs would be my choice now.

Bogartis
03-19-2016, 11:39 PM
I have them, they are Fantastic.