PDA

View Full Version : Redfield Revolution?

DecoySlayer
02-27-2016, 05:54 PM
Does anyone in here have any experience with the Redfield Revolution line of scopes? The online reviews seem to be good. Other than them being built by Leupold, in the USA, I know little about them.

I looked at a 3-9X40mm at Gander Mountain, it looked clear, and bright, in the store, for all good that is. To my eye it compared well to Vortex and other scopes in that price range.

Any help?

hunterspirit
02-27-2016, 06:15 PM
Born In The USA works for me, but I just bought a Vortex 3-9 x 40 BDC for $100 shipped

gigabyte3
02-27-2016, 07:37 PM
I put one on my .204, and love it. I also put a revenge series on my 30-06. Kinda like revenge better....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

DecoySlayer
02-27-2016, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the input.

The Revenge is made in China, at least I think it is. I was kind of interested in the Revolution because it is made in Oregon.

I have looked at the Vortex, they are not bad, I just can't get passed the "Made in China" part. The BDC is no importance in this case. I won't be shooting much further than 225 yards. This scope is going on a .450 Bushmaster. I just need a plain old multi-plex.

hunterspirit
02-27-2016, 09:23 PM
I had a Revenge,paid something like $80 for it. It went with my 20" CHF rifle Novemberish 2014

Nice scope though

DecoySlayer
02-27-2016, 10:17 PM
How well do these lower end scopes hold up over several years?

EricF517
02-28-2016, 01:43 AM
Best part about Vortex optics is the warranty. I cracked the glass on my Razor spotting scope and am getting a new one. I left it in the deer blind over night, then turned the heat on, and forgot I moved it when I was getting settled in. It was way to close to the heater and the sudden change in temp put a huge crack in my front lens. The laughed and said, "It happens, we will get you a new on on the way once we get yours in the mail."

Ol` Joe
02-28-2016, 08:10 AM
<Snip>
I have looked at the Vortex, they are not bad, I just can't get passed the "Made in China" part. ,snip>.

I've three Vortex scopes and a pair of binoculars of theirs. All marked made in Japan, the same place a lot of Burris, the Weaver Classics, Bushnell Elites, and a lot of Leopold glass (the component not the optic) is made. IIRC Redfield glass is made in Japan with the optics are assembled in the same plant as Leopold scopes in Oregon. Oddly I believe most Nikon scopes are made in the Philippines or China not in Japan as one would think
Nothing wrong with Japanese optics and components, they are right up there with some of the best.

EricF517
02-28-2016, 10:43 AM
I've three Vortex scopes and a pair of binoculars of theirs. All marked made in Japan, the same place a lot of Burris, the Weaver Classics, Bushnell Elites, and a lot of Leopold glass (the component not the optic) is made. IIRC Redfield glass is made in Japan with the optics are assembled in the same plant as Leopold scopes in Oregon. Oddly I believe most Nikon scopes are made in the Philippines or China not in Japan as one would think
Nothing wrong with Japanese optics and components, they are right up there with some of the best.

Yea the only optic I know of that is 100% made in the USA is the new Vortex AMG.

DecoySlayer
02-28-2016, 02:38 PM
I was under the impression Vortex was from China. I have NO problem with things made outside of the US, as long as they are not made in China, or any other country who considers us an enemy. I will have to look at the Vortex again, although I did like the Revolution. It seemed good in it's price range.

I have a couple of Nikons, when they were all made in Japan. I was originally going to buy a Bushnell Elite 3500, but I have never seen one in a store.

Preacherboy
02-28-2016, 03:33 PM
I have 2-7 revolution on my .44mag lever action and I am very happy with it.

DecoySlayer
02-28-2016, 05:46 PM
Thanks for all the wonderful input! I really like this site.

FishinJoe
03-08-2016, 06:27 PM
I used to be exclusively Leupold but my last couple scope purchases have been Revolutions and I have been extremely pleased with them.

DecoySlayer
03-09-2016, 05:10 AM
Thanks for the info. I have decided that the Revolution is my choice.

Joe