PDA

View Full Version : AR15 Red dot scope

JohnJak
03-19-2016, 02:44 PM
I have never used one before. I want to co-witness with my front site. Don't want to spend a ton of money. Sorry if it's been covered before.

Shyster
03-19-2016, 02:58 PM
Hard to beat Vortex for the price. Personally, I like the Trijicon MRO though at around $500 mount included.

BAR500
03-19-2016, 03:47 PM
Vortex Sparc II is a solid and affordable 2MOA Red Dot. Aimpoint PRO is another option but a bit more pricey. I believe Vortex released the SPARC AR for AR15s. Good luck.

Enjoy,

BAR500

tiamat
03-19-2016, 08:02 PM
Most AR red dots seem setup to provide a 1/3 co-witness, but there are mounts available that will do a full co-witness. Primary Arms' Advanced MicroDot MD-ADS seems popular. There are several that are nearly identical and are all made in the same factory - TruGlo's Tru-Tec, Holosun's 403g, Primary Arms' MD-ADS, etc. They range from $125-$160 or so. Plenty of choices out there.

bae125
03-19-2016, 08:31 PM
Not sure of the budget, but my setup for my mid is Aimpoint PRO (400ish) on a ADM cantilever mount (130). It is a 1/3 co-witness.

I've heard good things about the Vortex red dots, I haven't used one. I have a Vortex PST 1-4 illuminated and, frankly, there is a definite difference in quality. I'll be replacing the Vortex but it works for now.

Michaelk
03-20-2016, 09:21 AM
I like the Vortex SPARC II. Included mounts allow for different mount heights and they have a lifetime warranty.

nrich1979
03-20-2016, 11:35 AM
I have the SPARC I with a Larue QD Mount and all the original factory items.. if you want to try it sometime before you invest in a red dot.. it's about as good as any you're going to get for less than 400+ dollars..

Hell I'd sell you the whole thing for cheap if you like it.. I've found I just don't like shooting a red dot..

I wear glasses and it always feels like the dot is fuzzy because my glasses slide down while I lean over..

rjrivero
03-20-2016, 01:41 PM
Wait for the new Sparc AR. It's a cool looking repackage.

no im not squinting
03-20-2016, 04:30 PM
Primary arms on the low end for cost for quality red dots.

Moderately priced but good-Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot. Aimpoint micro like battery life plus choice of mounts. Vortex' new SparcAR is very promising. They make good products with outstanding warranties and customer service.

On the higher/SHTF capable department the aimpoint PRO is probably the best priced and comes with an absolute co witness mount. Going up from there are the aimpoint micro h and t series and the trijicon MRO.

Aimpoints are awesome. I have used the PRO and now use the micro series. I just got a new MRO and like that a lot.

If you have astigmatism you may want to reconsider and go a different route like a prismatic.

JohnJak
05-30-2016, 11:26 AM
I have narrowed down my choice for an under $200.00 dot. Which one would you buy? I know nothing and it gets very confusing with all the dots in the states.

vortex sparc ii and strike fire 2

hunterspirit
05-30-2016, 12:52 PM
Primary arms on the low end for cost for quality red dots.

Moderately priced but good-Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot. Aimpoint micro like battery life plus choice of mounts. Vortex' new SparcAR is very promising. They make good products with outstanding warranties and customer service.

On the higher/SHTF capable department the aimpoint PRO is probably the best priced and comes with an absolute co witness mount. Going up from there are the aimpoint micro h and t series and the trijicon MRO.

Aimpoints are awesome. I have used the PRO and now use the micro series. I just got a new MRO and like that a lot.

If you have astigmatism you may want to reconsider and go a different route like a prismatic.
I have astigmatism and the Holosun HS403A dot looks fine

Unlike the TRS25, SPARC, Strikefire, Sightmark
http://www.amazon.com/HOLOSUN-HS403A-Micro-Sight-Riser/dp/B00KOOEZ6W