PDA

View Full Version : Leupold VARI-X IIc 3-9x40mm Tactical

BDM123
03-25-2016, 05:41 PM
Hey guys & gals. I bought this scope some time back around 2001 give or take a year. I've never used it, and it sat in a rifle case for the last 15 years or so un-touched (I'm in no way an experienced scope user:hick:). So I pulled it out and decided I'm going to mount it on to my AR. Question is, there appears to be a lock-ring behind the front eye-piece (ocular?). I've read you loosen this to adjust for focus/clarity. This ring wont budge and believe me, I have a good grip. I do not want to break it, so should it unlock? I've read some scopes do not have this ability, and I'll be damned if I can find a user manual. Thanks for any input.

sbowhuntr
03-26-2016, 10:29 AM
It is adjustable for sure. take an old piece of leather like a belt and wrap it around the locking ring and use a pair of channel locks and turn the ring counter clockwise to loosen it, I hold and turn the rear occular lens at the same time to lessen the effort. once loosened turn your scopes magnifacation all the way up and look at something white or up in the sky and turn the lens in or out untill your cross hais is crystal clear, lock in place with the lock ring and you will be good to go..

BDM123
03-27-2016, 09:23 AM
Will do, thank you

BDM123
03-27-2016, 12:54 PM
sbowhuntr, finally got it loose without any marks or damage, but jeeeez I couldn't believe how tight this was:rant: I used a long handled pliers that has thick rubber running down it's length. I gripped the ring with this (rubber sided handles), and turned the optic in the opposite direction and it finally came loose. I just wanted to be 100% (not 99%) it should turn before I damaged/destroyed this scope.

sbowhuntr
03-27-2016, 01:28 PM
They can be very tight for sure.. glad you got it loose without marring it up. good luck and straight shootin to ya..