PDA

View Full Version : SR 0128 Resolution to overturn gun control by President

Tallbear
04-07-2016, 11:19 AM
SR 0128 of 2016 (http://www.legislature.mi.gov/mileg.aspx?page=getobject&objectname=2016-SR-0128)
A resolution to urge the United States Congress to overturn recent executive actions put forth by the President concerning gun control.
ADOPTED

jmonarch
04-07-2016, 02:08 PM
How about we "overturn" our state gun control?

Revdrshad
04-28-2016, 02:57 AM
What exactly is this? Is this just a letter the Michigan Senate sent to the U.S. Senate? Does it do anything, or just state Michigan's position?

Gray Man
04-28-2016, 03:12 AM
What exactly is this? Is this just a letter the Michigan Senate sent to the U.S. Senate? Does it do anything, or just state Michigan's position?

It's basically a fart into the hurricane, posturing and nothing behind it.

luckless
04-28-2016, 05:56 AM
ROFLOL!

How about a resolution for the Michigan senate to overturn Michigan gun control! Let's see them lead by example!

Roundballer
04-28-2016, 09:56 AM
Are these rhetorical questions, or would you like an explanation?

It is not a totally meaningless gesture, but the next thing to it.

Revdrshad
04-28-2016, 05:17 PM
Are these rhetorical questions, or would you like an explanation?

It is not a totally meaningless gesture, but the next thing to it.

If you could offer a simple explanation, I'd appreciate it. It seems like just a statement from the Michigan Senate... Is that just about it?

luckless
04-28-2016, 06:26 PM
If you could offer a simple explanation, I'd appreciate it. It seems like just a statement from the Michigan Senate... Is that just about it?

That's it. About as effective as one of us calling Stabenow or Peters.

Roundballer
04-28-2016, 08:33 PM
I don't know how simple it is, but it is about the same as us calling them with a little more weight.

The Michigan Senate is a representative body of the Michigan populous, and as such carry a heavier force than even a couple hundred of us. Originally the US Senators were there at the appointment of the State Gov, with the approval of the Legislature and served the interests of the State, not the people. So, this is a pro forma communication, and it was sent to President of the United States Senate, the Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, and the members of the Michigan congressional delegation.

It is primarily the members of the Michigan congressional delegation to which it should have meaning. The other two individuals are being informed that; what is contained in this resolution is the will of the people of Michigan as per their elected governing body.

The rest of the message is that the pres has stepped out of line and is attempting to abuse his power. The House and Senate have the power to stop him. It is Michigan's wish that they do so on this subject.

This is the State of Michigan speaking to Michigan's US congressional delegation, as whole. Not just billybob calling Candice, Debbie and Carl.

So, it is just a little more than meaningless, but not much. If we were to write to them also and tell them that the State is watching for them to make the right move and they had better step up soon, it might help. Of course it means nothing to Carl and Candice, they are GONE.

Revdrshad
04-29-2016, 10:24 PM
I see. Interesting. Thanks for typing that out, sir. :thumbup:

Kaeto
04-30-2016, 09:52 AM
I see this resolution as about as useful as a pitcher of warm spit.