PDA

View Full Version : PA 4-14x44 vs. Millet trs1????

tworinger
04-18-2016, 06:10 PM
Ok I had some things stollen while at a shoot down south.now I'm out a ton of money and I'm starting all over again. Just picked up a .308(i know but it was cheap) and am in the process of turning a new barrel blank. Here lies the problem. With everything I've had to buy I don't have squat for optics(thanks IRS!). I've been looking at the primary arms 4-14x44 and the millet trs1. The PA is 224.00 but I've heard the tracking is hit or miss and haven't heard much about millet since Bushnell bought them out. The trs1 is 289.00. Is the trs1 worth the extra 65 bucks??

EricF517
04-19-2016, 10:56 AM
Boils down to FFP or SFP. Have you ever used FFP optics? What type of shooting are you planning on doing?

tworinger
04-19-2016, 06:48 PM
I use both. I doesn't bother me to dial the power up to range targets. I started with a fixed unertl scope and a Bushnell banner puts that scope to shame. I'm just concerned with tracking, when able I prefer to range and dial vs half/hold. I'm mainly worried about tracking ability. My problem is you read some of these reviews, it's clear some of these guys have never even handled the optics in question. I know primary will cover either scope. I may just have to put up my M&P 9 talo up for sale and hope I can find a sightron slll or s TAC. I guess

tworinger
04-24-2016, 10:42 AM
Well a little update. I got a smoking deal on an lrs1 6-25, At 285.00 I'll give it a shot. After I get it zeroed I'll run a box test and let you all know how it does. Fingers crossed it's usable glass. Hoping this fall I can give the Burris xtr ll a shot, heard good things about them from a good friend who runs precision rifle classes

sonicmatter
04-25-2016, 02:32 AM
Sorry for being late to this thread since you already found a scope. I have a PA 4-14x44 and have been pleased with it. The turrets are a little mushy but I've not had any issue with adjustments/tracking. The glass is very good and a bargain at the price.