PDA

View Full Version : what is the reputation of the vortex sparc II 2 ?

dirtmcgirt76239
05-14-2016, 05:21 PM
https://www.slickguns.com/product/vortex-sparc-ii-2-moa-waterproof-red-dot-sight-matte-black-17999

I am fine with lesser battery life, I will not beat the crap out of it for fun. I am curious if it is bright, does Vortex honor their warranty, does it work well all around.

I wanted to try this on my 223 saiga, and then maybe buy a aimpoint patrol for my 7.62x39 saiga

Stugotts
05-14-2016, 05:27 PM
I just picked one up last week on E Bay for 170.00 Shot my first 3 gun today at Bluewater
Optic is bright has several different settings very nice
I read good reviews and seen some videos on you tube
I give it :thup::thup:

AndrewH
05-14-2016, 05:51 PM
I have one on my AR15 and like it a lot, it's an awesome optic for the price plus Vortex has one of the best warranty programs in the industry so if you ever have a problem they will take care of you.

N_Parker
05-14-2016, 07:13 PM
I have a couple and they have been very reliable. My only complaint is the red dot illumination controls. I wish they would go to a rotary dial for the red dot on/off and illumination settings instead of the two separate buttons.

TylerV76
05-14-2016, 07:57 PM
Mine wouldnt hold zero. Tried to set it 3 or 4 times and each time it was off on my next trip. Everything was secure and it was in a hard case so not sure what went on but I ended up returning it. Other than that it was bright and I loved the 2 moa dot.

Michaelk
05-14-2016, 08:59 PM
I have one an an AR and looking to get another.

Ricebrnr
05-15-2016, 08:00 AM
This definitive review might help...

http://www.recoilweb.com/vortex-sparc-ii-the-dot-that-would-not-die-67267.html

Hailstorm
05-15-2016, 08:35 AM
I purchased a Vortex scope used. Had it shipped. Had some specs on the lens inside. I contacted Vortex and they had me send it in. I had it back within a 8 day period. All fixed. I am very happy with the service. Infact, I just bought a SPARC 2 used and it is in the mail to me as I type.

dirtmcgirt76239
05-15-2016, 04:54 PM
So do you guys think the base is good enough, and then all i need to buy is a battery and i am good to go ?

nrich1979
05-15-2016, 05:08 PM
I have the sparc I and I beat the hell out of it and it works like a champ

Hailstorm
05-16-2016, 08:16 PM
Ok, mine came in the mail today. Used. $140 off ebay. Looks solid and is pretty clear. I will do my best to get it out this weekend. I have no worries about it failing. I will keep an extra battery on hand. But if something does. A no questions asked warranty is backing it.

My hardest choice is which rifle to put it on.

dirtmcgirt76239
05-17-2016, 09:10 AM
Ok, mine came in the mail today. Used. $140 off ebay. Looks solid and is pretty clear. I will do my best to get it out this weekend. I have no worries about it failing. I will keep an extra battery on hand. But if something does. A no questions asked warranty is backing it.

My hardest choice is which rifle to put it on.

they will honor the warranty if you buy it used off ebay ?

Thanks please report back, my eyes are ok, pretty good to excellent with glasses on so I just always shot irons or scoped hunting rifles, I have no reference point for red dots. So if you have experience with aimpoint, trijicon, etc please share how you think the vortex compares

Hailstorm
05-17-2016, 09:25 AM
Yes they will honor it. They repaired a scope I had shipped to me. I had a EOTECH on my AUG but turned it in. So I do have a good reference point to judge from. Hopefully a range report soon.

jdc48160
05-21-2016, 11:40 PM
I run a Sparc II on my Stoeger M3K for 3-gun, and it works great. No issues holding zero, or anything. Works for birdshot and slugs. 100 yard slug shots, no problem. Had a match last weekend with a stage with slugs, 2 shots at 100 yards, hit em both with ease.

Hailstorm
05-22-2016, 08:03 AM
Ok. Went to the pit sat. Took a few rounds to zero. Then it was on. Easy to see and makethe shots. I will keep an eye out for another one. It is a no brainer. A good red dot is like cheating.

holtian
06-20-2016, 09:56 PM
Haven't ever had a Sparc but I do have experience with the StrikeFire (1 and 2) and can say that I would never buy another red dot from them again. I had problems with zero being held on multiple platforms and that was after I sent one back to the factory three times! They have some nice glass from what I've seen, but I have no plans to buy another one of their red dots. The mounts that they came with however were solid, and the brightness was good in all conditions, but those things don't mean much to me if I can't hit the target.

hunterspirit
06-21-2016, 07:01 AM
When buying used off fleabay, be wary of fake optics. Yes chicom knockoffs of genuine chicom optics