PDA

View Full Version : First Aid Matters

Live Safe Academy
01-12-2009, 12:32 PM
We are fortunate to receive a lot of positive feedback from our students, including examples in which our training helps to save lives. Here is the most recent example:

“I would like to let you know that because of your classes, I was able to stop one of our children from choking. We were having a mother's day breakfast (bagels, fruit etc) and a 20 month old started choking on a piece of bagel. I was out of the room at the time and walked in the room to hear "NAME EDITED FOR PRIVACY, she's choking". She had stopped breathing and was turning a funny color. I have to tell you that in a room full of mothers, no one was attempting to do anything! Your training automatically kicked in and I was able to perform the infant choking technique (she is a petite 20 month old). After a few back blows, the bagel shot dramatically out of her and I was quite the hero for some time. I didn't have to think about what to do, everything was automatic and I know that it was due to your training! Thank you.”

If you are concerned about safety, then you should be concerned about proper first aid training. Self-defense is very important, but palm strikes and shooing methods won’t save us or our loved ones during a blocked airway or bleeding emergency. If you are interested in learning first aid, please visit our online schedule at www.livesafeacademy.com, or click here:

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34326

Thank you.

Pnab
01-22-2009, 03:40 PM
It's wonderful that one of your students was able to save a child from choking. That has always been one of my biggest concerns having children. I need to get re certified in CPR and first aid.

langenc
01-26-2009, 11:09 AM
CPR has changed in the last couple years-get recertified or be a 'first timer'.