PDA

View Full Version : License Question

Pond Scum
06-20-2016, 08:01 AM
I'm would like to know if it is legal to keep your hunting/fishing license on your smart phone and if the DNR officer will recognize it.

All I can find in the Fishing Guide regarding the requirement is:

• When fishing, you must carry your license and the identification used to purchase that license and exhibit both upon demand of a Michigan Conservation Officer, a Tribal Conservation Officer or any law enforcement officer.

M.Schmitz87
06-20-2016, 08:10 AM
Same thread on a MI based hunting and fishing forum.

More and more people are doing it and so far everyone who has encountered a DNR official had good experiences. I'm doing it as well.

sse
06-20-2016, 08:17 AM
keep your hunting/fishing license on your smart phone
I assume you mean just taking a picture of it...?

Pond Scum
06-20-2016, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the fast reply M.Schmitz87! That is good news! I'm glad to hear that it isn't a problem.

I assume you mean just taking a picture of it...?

No, I purchased the combo license online and the DNR provided a pdf file of the receipt and licenses. I saved it to my phone.

I don't carry a wallet - just a money clip - so I don't have "storage" for lots of stuff. I almost always have my driver's license and my phone so if the DNR recognizes the pdf copy I'm good to go. :)

sse
06-20-2016, 08:52 AM
Thanks, spose I could scan mine and do the same.

Pond Scum
06-20-2016, 10:21 AM
Hopefully that will work. The officer should be able to check the number and link it to your DL. The fact that they are selling them online and just providing us a soft copy indicates they recognize that form of media.

AxlMyk
06-23-2016, 05:46 PM
I keep mine in my tackle box.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

VIGILANT
06-24-2016, 07:34 AM
Better carry a spare battery. Often while hunting, you're going to be a greater distance from the nearest cell tower, which will cause you're phone to draw more current, reducing battery life.